Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Election fukkery has had me super behind on all my books. Only thing I've been reading lately is Tomasi's run on Detective, which, to be honest, hasn't been that great aside from the Mr. Freeze arc and the Annual #3, which was about Alfred's time in MI-6.

I still have no idea what's going on with Batman, X of Swords, Death Metal, Spider-Man or any of the other books I was reading. Plus I got a big ass stack of trades and omnis on my shelf that I haven't even touched. :francis:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
She's already getting her own TV show.

‘Wonder Girl’ TV Series With Latina Lead From Dailyn Rodriguez & Berlanti Productions In Works At the CW
VBMNmyS.jpg

The network is developing Wonder Girl, a drama series based on the DC characters created by Joëlle Jones. It hails from Queen of the South executive producer/co-showrunner Dailyn Rodriguez and Berlanti Productions.

Written by Rodriguez, Wonder Girl centers on Yara Flor, a Latina Dreamer who was born of an Amazonian Warrior and a Brazilian River God, learns that she is Wonder Girl. With her newfound power must fight the evil forces that would seek to destroy the world.

The series tells the backstory/origin story of the DC Comics character of Yara Flor, who was recently revealed as a new Wonder Woman. Yara will make her comic book appearance this January in Future State: Wonder Woman, part of DC’s Future State event written and drawn by Jones.

Read more...

Berlanti?

FluffyWideBird.webp

Yeah, I'll wait and hear if the tv series is any good. And even then I don't want to see her as another Wonder Girl, I don't want Diana to be her mentor I want Wonder Woman.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
So DC Comics division done for? As in, no more comic books from them?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
So DC Comics division done for? As in, no more comic books from them?

from what bleedingcool was saying..

they plan on making single issues digital.
Keep the physical stuff to trades.
Cut down the core line to just a few titles
ditch comicbook shops
cut dc's seperate presence at conventions

Definitely looks like there will be changes going forward

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
No DC Comics in shops?! :what:

I think I phrased that wrong... the comics like trades will still be at those shops. But DC won't give comicbook shops "priority" anymore

obvious that big changes are coming... and rich did say he was seeing more smoke then usual and that none of the insiders who confirm/disconfirmed things for him. Well they didn't disconfirm any of the stuff he listed.

Only thing I've been fukking with at DC recently has been Last God so this is all ehh to me. Sad to see this shyt happen though

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think I phrased that wrong... the comics like trades will still be at those shops. But DC won't give comicbook shops "priority" anymore

obvious that big changes are coming... and rich did say he was seeing more smoke then usual and that none of the insiders who confirm/disconfirmed things for him. Well they didn't disconfirm any of the stuff he listed.

Only thing I've been fukking with at DC recently has been Last God so this is all ehh to me. Sad to see this shyt happen though
I got the trade part, but no more single issues?