Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
MAAAN did y’all peep that comic that showed what happened as soon as the Justice League went thru that blue door to fight Perpetua and Batman Who Laughs?!

They beat the crap outta da Teen Titans, the Justice League, all the affiliates. It was UGLY. They had Batman running for his life! Wonder Woman tried to go head up with Perpetua.....wasn’t even fair. Aqua man n Wonder Woman had to literally say “No mas!” The Justice League gotta redeem themselves at the end of Metal. That was a all time SONNING.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
tried that new Hickman Image book Decorum

Its a beautiful book but it's too out there for me. I'm not sure who the audience for this book is meant to be

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
MAAAN did y’all peep that comic that showed what happened as soon as the Justice League went thru that blue door to fight Perpetua and Batman Who Laughs?!

They beat the crap outta da Teen Titans, the Justice League, all the affiliates. It was UGLY. They had Batman running for his life! Wonder Woman tried to go head up with Perpetua.....wasn’t even fair. Aqua man n Wonder Woman had to literally say “No mas!” The Justice League gotta redeem themselves at the end of Metal. That was a all time SONNING.

Where they show that?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
tried that new Hickman Image book Decorum

Its a beautiful book but it's too out there for me. I'm not sure who the audience for this book is meant to be
Started a new book and hasn’t finished others. :dead:

Im sure issue 5 will drop by the end of 2021, then he’ll take a several year hiatus. :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anybody check out HELLBLAZER: RISE& FALL #1 by Tom Taylor and Darick Robertson?

Taylor totally got the necessary vibe for a Constantine book and I've always enjoyed Robertson's art. It was a really good read.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Anybody having trouble downloading your old purchased comics on the Comixiology app? I sent a message to consumer support and never got an answer. I can see them on the website itself but not on the app. :francis:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Where they show that?

Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1

Death-Metal-Guidebook-1.jpg

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pull list for this week:

Amazing Spider-Man #48
Batman: The Adventures Continue #12
Dark Knights Death Metal Trinity Crisis
DCeased Hope at World's End #9
Empyre Aftermath Avengers
Empyre Fallout Fantastic Four
Flash #761
Justice League Odyssey #24
Ms. Marvel #14
Marauders #12
Oblivion Song #26
Red Mother #8
Something Is Killing the Children #10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #108
Wonder Woman #762
X-Factor #3
X-Force #12

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Netflix and Crunchyroll co-financing 'animes' with western writers and crew, does anyone think Boom, Image or IDW should get in the game of teaming up with one of them for anime adaptations of their books?

Obviously, the name of the game in Hollywood is live action adaptations, but I think series based on books like Monstress, Once and Future or Saga would be better suited for animation, especially if they stay faithful and aren't just raided for the IP.

A Miyazaki-style film adaptation of Canto from IDW would be an instant Oscar contender if done right.

The only downside I see is working out the deals with their creator owned and especially licensed books.