Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'ma need you nikkas to stop sleeping on Tynion.

The Alfred scenes in Batman #98 (and throughout his run) were a better 'character study' than anything in Tom King's run, and he didn't have to sacrifice telling a fun, action-packed Batman story. Tynion channels Tom Taylor more than Tom King in that he knows how to hit all the right emotional beats: intense action, heartwarming character moments, and funny bits all at once without any of it feeling out of place. And Jorge Jimenez is a one of my top artists right now (alongside Dan Mora), so him doing the whole arc without any fill-in artists makes it so much better.

I'm actually shocked at how much I've been enjoying Joker War because I had no interest in it all going into it. I like it much more right now than Death Metal, which I had more anticipation for.
I've been a James Tynion IV fan for awhile. Liked a lot of his non-Big Two stuff (The Woods was cool and Something Is Killing The Children is one of the better books of 2020) and really loved what he was doing with Justice League Dark.

And as someone who didn't hate Tom King's Batman I give all the praise to Tynion for how much better he has handled the Bat characters so far. I'm totally enjoying his run.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wait, Alfred is back from the dead? Or should I say “dead”? :skip:
Nope, Alfred's still dead but Joker's new chick doped Batman up with some new look Joker serum and he's been hallucinating about Alfred for a couple issues now.
The latest issue of Batman really captures the relationship between Alfred and Bruce perfectly though even if it is just Batman talking to himself.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why is Juggernaut getting his own series?
In the article from earlier in the year when the mini-series was announced (have they changed it to an ongoing?) the story is supposed to be about how Juggernaut reacts to coming back from Limbo and being told that, despite being an X-Man in good standing when he left this dimension, he won't be allowed to come chill on Krakoa with everyone else because he's human.
So it's basically about Cain Marko being in his feelings.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
In the article from earlier in the year when the mini-series was announced (have they changed it to an ongoing?) the story is supposed to be about how Juggernaut reacts to coming back from Limbo and being told that, despite being an X-Man in good standing when he left this dimension, he won't be allowed to come chill on Krakoa with everyone else because he's human.
So it's basically about Cain Marko being in his feelings.

It’s hilarious how psychopaths like Sabretooth, Apocalypse, Shadow King, The Gorgon, Nanny and Mr. Sinister (who not even a mutant) allowed before Juggernaut

:dead:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It’s hilarious how psychopaths like Sabretooth, Apocalypse, Shadow King, The Gorgon, Nanny and Mr. Sinister (who not even a mutant) allowed before Juggernaut

:dead:
Not a mutant just like Deadpool :yeshrug:

Both of them are going to end up causing fukkery to the X-men regardless :mjlol:

Last edited:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
@R=G as a Magneto stan, you are gonna LOVE X-Men #11 :wow:
X men #11 was a fun read..its always fun to see Exodus getting a push and the genius tactical ability of Magneto on display.
Erik was stunting :wow:
Just bought X-Men Empyre 10 & 11 & X-Men giant sized Magneto #1. I'm a Magneto Stan too & I like Exodus. :feedme: Bout to binge. I bought Batman Who Laughs & some of the Dark Metal stuff. The Joker War 1-4. Joker Stan too, just wanna see why people say Batman Who Laughs is o.p. :blessed: Fantomex & Marvel Zombies Resurrection.

I'm addicted to comics brehs.