Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anybody thinks these DC comics #0's and annual #1's are gonna be worth something one day?

No comc being released by the Big Two nowadays will be worth anything at all. You might be able to get $10-20 for a special edition or something but thats about it.
They print too many copies of their books for them to evervgrow in value.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
No comc being released by the Big Two nowadays will be worth anything at all. You might be able to get $10-20 for a special edition or something but thats about it.
They print too many copies of their books for them to evervgrow in value.

Thanks for the knowledge breh. Was about to buy 2 copies of Detective Comics Annual #1 and #0 today :whew:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Anyone else think the Superman/Batman comics are/were the most fun to read? I just got done reading the "Searching For Kryptonite" story arc and :gladbron: at

a Kryptonite Doomsday

Are they still doing those comics?

calh45

Cal
Daps
They keep saying it will all make sense in AvX #12.

You know a lot about how this comic shyt works.

If I'm reading AvX right then they relegated x-men characters to be Avenger sidekicks, right?

Obviously, I'm kinda annoyed at how all this shyt played out cause you KNEW they weren't going to have any of the x-men come out on top outside of wolverine. It wasn't even a question no matter how they tried to spin it. They stay writing the Avengers and their members doing arrogant ass backwards shyt and never really paying consequences. They shot Hulk into space, he came back stronger than ever and they still won. They roll up on x-men island, basically throw the x-men into concentration camps based on wolverine's word and they still win. Scarlet Witch makes an entire species an endangered species then when she comes back to life they bring her back into the fold like it never happened. Marvel fukking up with this one.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They had Cyclops and X Men win some of the second and third rounds...Thor has been humilated the whole time though. His fans have been in tears the whole storyline. Especially after the Rachel Summrs fight.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

If I'm reading AvX right then they relegated x-men characters to be Avenger sidekicks, right?

Obviously, I'm kinda annoyed at how all this shyt played out cause you KNEW they weren't going to have any of the x-men come out on top outside of wolverine. It wasn't even a question no matter how they tried to spin it. They stay writing the Avengers and their members doing arrogant ass backwards shyt and never really paying consequences. They shot Hulk into space, he came back stronger than ever and they still won. They roll up on x-men island, basically throw the x-men into concentration camps based on wolverine's word and they still win. Scarlet Witch makes an entire species an endangered species then when she comes back to life they bring her back into the fold like it never happened. Marvel fukking up with this one.

its probably because fox owns the movie licenses to x-men... which is why they'd rather have the mutants job to the avengers even if the mutants may historically be more popular

and i never liked how they handled the whole hulk situation. it basically got thrown to the bushes as soon as WWH ended. the very next day there's a red hulk and so hulk turning himself in following WWH and being held in voluntary captivity doesn't mean anything. him makin his comeback has no shock value either cuz there's already 'been' a hulk there this whole time and there's no grand return to shake the marvel U because hulk starts off doin some cosmic cartoony beef bullshyt with the red hulk and silver surfer or something.

then they have some weird as story where there's about a dozen different hulks running around or something... but that event was going on around the same time that either dark reign or seige was going on... so it basically wasn't being acknowledged by the greater marvel universe/community. Which is funny because 1 hulk alone was able to main event the marvel universe but upon his return, he basically became just another random character who had absurd stories that didn't mean shyt outside of his own book. Seriously, following WWH, green hulk should have been kept in the sidelines until Seige, in which he should've been awoken/freed/convinced to come out so he could take down Sentry. That should have been Hulk's comeback W... not Thor's.

it would have re-established Hulk as the strongest there is, the most dangerous and unstable muthafukka around, and also its greatest hero that day --who still doesn't want shyt to do with any of the cacs who sent him to out of space

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Seriously, following WWH, green hulk should have been kept in the sidelines until Seige, in which he should've been awoken/freed/convinced to come out so he could take down Sentry. That should have been Hulk's comeback W... not Thor's.

well actually, to clarify this point of mine, I feel that if Siege was truly suppose to wrap up "the last 7 years" of story telling, as was advertised by Marvel at the time, then both Green Hulk and Scarlett Witch should have made their returns there and played a part in stopping Sentry. Not that Children's Crusade bullshyt and not Red Hulk taking Banner's spot in everything main stream MU

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hey man the avengers are the government and the x-men are the nikkas of marvel breh

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The entire miniseries is stupid though. We are supposed to believe that all of a sudden The Avengers are worried enough about The Phoenix to get all amped up yet don't think to get Reed Richards involved at the beginnning and then Rachel Summers, the last person to host the Phoenix force (and who never turned into a murderous planet killer), was sitting in a classroom in West Chester grading algebra tests while everyone else goes around talking like Cyclops is the Phoenix expert.
On top of that the execution of each issues of the series has been a total clusterfukk with people acting out of character and doing assinine stuff on almost every panel.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
well actually, to clarify this point of mine, I feel that if Siege was truly suppose to wrap up "the last 7 years" of story telling, as was advertised by Marvel at the time, then both Green Hulk and Scarlett Witch should have made their returns there and played a part in stopping Sentry. Not that Children's Crusade bullshyt and not Red Hulk taking Banner's spot in everything main stream MU

Hmmm..I don't know about that. Scarlet Witch was how everything in Marvel flipped upside down back in 2004 and 2005. She was the one who DESTROYED the Avengers and created the need for the "New Avengers" that Bendis wrote for 8 years. She was the one turned mutantkind into an "Endangered Species" when she turned on Magneto at the end of House of M and left them with just 200 mutants left. Her story was a little bigger than the Hulk return....it involved the X-Men and the Avengers both. Spider-Man got fukked over too because he thought he had a son and Gwen Stacy back but that was just Pietro using Wanda to create all of that.

On top of that the execution of each issues of the series has been a total clusterfukk with people acting out of character and doing assinine stuff on almost every panel

Bendis and for some reason, a great writer like Brubaker wrote an weird issue too. The Fraction issue wasn't even all that bad. Gillen has been on fire in Uncanny so OF COURSE he didn't get to write the main series. He's handling the aftermath 5 issue wrap up though called A v X: Consequences.