Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Domino is hilarious because she should be able to get away with damn near anything:laugh: She should always be smug and cocky and talk shyt on that fact alone.

never understood why she was pale? makeup or side effect of her powers?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Scarlet Witch has had several stories of her being ultra powerful and bailing the team out..especially in the 90s. The stuff with Agatha Harness helped her control the magik part of her powers and her recent power levels were explained as being apart of the "life force" and that's why she was practically untouchable for nearly the past decade. She was making Sentry, Thor, and Silver Surfer come off like weaklings when you think about it with the shyt she was doing. In the end, they redirected to Doom to take responsibility for it.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Scarlet Witch has had several stories of her being ultra powerful and bailing the team out..especially in the 90s. The stuff with Agatha Harness helped her control the magik part of her powers and her recent power levels were explained as being apart of the "life force" and that's why she was practically untouchable for nearly the past decade. She was making Sentry, Thor, and Silver Surfer come off like weaklings when you think about it with the shyt she was doing. In the end, they redirected to Doom to take responsibility for it.

was this explained in children's crusade?

I would appreciate a link kind sir

I just assumed the spawn of magneto were just ultra powerful just like the summers clan(minus quicksilver).

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yep...halfway into Children's Crusade, they finally ironed out how she was able to manipulate reality on a cosmic scale and if she was really manipulating and controlling everyone from the onset but it turned out she went to Doom to try to help her with her kids. That's how Dissassembled and House of M and Decimation all got so out of hand and explained her "going crazy".

And she is ultra powerful..she beat nearly the entire Marvel Universe in House of M #7 and wasn't touched once during the whole foray. But it was because of the combination of her tapping into sorcery that allowed for it.

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
On the Detective Comics side of things, Wonder Woman is really good shyt. Everything from the fight scenes to the art style to the Golden Child storyline is head and shoulders above some of their other shyt

And the fact that they're using this story to fully reintroduce the New Gods is just :noah:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm a little behind on Wonder Woman..she's guest appearing in Batwoman's next issue and the set up for that was good.

As for Spider Man's sidekick? I haven't paid attention to the details about that.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue zeros of Animal Man and Swamp Thing made me wanna read more about the previous avatars of The Red and The Green.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
her powers are based on "lucK" if that is not manipulating reality i don't know what is.

scarlet witch had the kind of the same powers and look how much they amped her up.

No she didn't. How the hell would u amplify LUCK to be on some god shyt :sitdown:

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Anybody thinks these DC comics #0's and annual #1's are gonna be worth something one day?