Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
They still can't write Bane right? :beli:

I swear, I refuse to read any Batman That Laughs, because it's got that corny Twitter hype I hate in comics and It. Is. More. fukking. Joker.
Bane was basically second fiddle in the story. The story was just wack. It started off fine, but went downhill. Too many stupid moments. :camby:

And yeah, fukk TBWL. I didn’t even bother to read the last 2 issues of the series they game him.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I never could get into Coates' BP at all.

Here's hoping they find the right pick for the book.

Anyone think they will pick a non-black writer for the book? I think Marvel is secretly scared that they will get blowback if they let a white guy write the book.
Evan narcisse rise of the black panther was dope, but yeah if not Al Ewing would be my guy or maybe Saladin Ahmed I like his stuff

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
No one talking about Strange Adventures? I know people have soured on King and this is King doing his absolute most King but like Mister Miracle and Vision that's actually when his writing is at his best.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No one talking about Strange Adventures? I know people have soured on King and this is King doing his absolute most King but like Mister Miracle and Vision that's actually when his writing is at his best.
I honestly didn't read it with the rest of my stash on Wednesday because I was disappointed by how King's Batman run eventually ended and thought Heroes in Crisis was absolute garbage.
But I sat down and read it after work last night and immediately remembered why I liked King so much.
Dude should really stick to doing stuff like this for the rest of his career and leave being the writer of in-continuity comics alone.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
0A2wXAo.jpg

:mjlol:

:dame:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

I'm not willing to watch Adam strange being drug through the mud.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Evan narcisse rise of the black panther was dope, but yeah if not Al Ewing would be my guy or maybe Saladin Ahmed I like his stuff

Eh, I'm not particularly a fan of what he's doing with Ms. Marvel.

Plus it'd be a bad look to have him write all three of the most prominent poc characters in Marvel at the same time.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Eh, I'm not particularly a fan of what he's doing with Ms. Marvel.

Plus it'd be a bad look to have him write all three of the most prominent poc characters in Marvel at the same time.

I'm enjoying his miles morales haven’t read his ms marvel I just pick up the potential ‘key’ issues.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What's up with Talia in 2020??
She had her group Leviathan stolen from her and ended up in jail.
She recently got broken out of jail by Steve Trevor to join him in the new Checkmate that he's putting together to stop the new Leviathan group.
The next book she'll be showing up in is LEVIATHAN: CHECKMATE.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm not willing to watch Adam strange being drug through the mud.
I'm not willing to watch Jericho once again not amount to shyt in yet another team book

He's a walking embarrassment in Savage Avengers and now he's the black "Eraser" to these my hero academia brats for a school named after a sorcerer that a decade ago he (Jericho) superseded as sorcerer supreme.

Ever since he smooched Wanda everything has gone to shyt

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Seems Dawn of X is doing good enough for editorial to go :ehh: and stay hands off. Hickman even saying they are gonna take they sweet ass time until they start moving the "big picture" plot forwards.

Jonathan Hickman and C.B. Cebulski Talk "X of Swords" and Dawn of X's Future

(...) As both Hickman and Cebulski put it, the elasticity of "Dawn of X" has allowed for that creative freedom to come naturally.

"We are still in the beginning stages of everything, because I intentionally knew that maybe people were going to take a little while to find their books," Hickman revealed. "And maybe it was going to take us a little while to figure out how we were all going to make all this work together. And what we found is that some people are jogging, some people are sprinting. None of it feels like failure, right? We're kind of still just playing around."

Hickman added, "Now, I will put a stop to that at some point, because we have bigger and broader things that we're going to do. But while we're still discovering interesting things about the books — and we have a couple of new books that are getting ready to start that really work that way — I think we should just keep playing. The moment it feels stagnant, though, I'm just going to absolutely take an ax to it and be like, 'No, it's time to pivot hard.' Jordan [White] and C.B. and everybody at Marvel knows what we're doing. We just don't know when we're going to do it."

About the Moira book
While "Dawn of X" currently gives readers several different ongoing series and one-shots each month, there are some titles that fans are eager to see enter the fold. One of those is definitely the "Moira X" solo series, which Hickman provided a bit of an update on the status of.

"We are going to do that book. We know who is going to write that book," Hickman revealed. "I have talked to that person many times about it, very recently in fact. But we're not going to pull that. That's one of those things that once you start pulling that thread, everything accelerates. That book will happen when it is time for that book to happen. We've intentionally not shown more. Obviously. We'll see more this year."