Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Not Marvel or DC but how is that Saga comic really? I keep seeing it in book stores, it's pretty expensive but the reviews seem good. I was gonna pull the trigger but I wanna know how the brehs feel about it. :mjgrin:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Not Marvel or DC but how is that Saga comic really? I keep seeing it in book stores, it's pretty expensive but the reviews seem good. I was gonna pull the trigger but I wanna know how the brehs feel about it. :mjgrin:
Saga is great.
tenor.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I finally read the first eighteen issues last month.

It was great, and a very quick read, but I'm not in any hurry to finish it because it doesn't seem like it's coming back any time soon. :francis:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally read the first eighteen issues last month.

It was great, and a very quick read, but I'm not in any hurry to finish it because it doesn't seem like it's coming back any time soon. :francis:
I’m way behind with saga but is it on hiatus or something?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m way behind with saga but is it on hiatus or something?

Yep. It went on hiatus in June 2018 with issue 54, and it's supposed to end at issue 108.

Image has released their solicits through May, and there's been no mention of its return. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until SDCC or even NYCC, if they're even still on. :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yep. It went on hiatus in June 2018 with issue 54, and it's supposed to end at issue 108.

Image has released their solicits through May, and there's been no mention of its return. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until SDCC or even NYCC, if they're even still on. :francis:

Damn thats a long hiatus... wasn't Image banking on that series too, since it was one of the more popular comics.

Forgot all about nycc/sdcc. :damn:

Think they wait until mid-april before they announce anything cancelled

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot all about nycc/sdcc. :damn:

Think they wait until mid-april before they announce anything cancelled

I just got an email this morning from a local con scheduled in June that their tickets are on sale.

Obviously it's nowhere near as big as NYCC, ECCC, or SDCC, but I'm glad they're still going on as scheduled.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I read Strange Academy and I absolutely loved it. It reminds me a lot of X-Men and sinced I dropped X-Men a few months ago (not a fan at all of what Hickman's doing with them), this book fills that void left. In really digging the at and character designs. After only 1 issue, Strange Academy had become my most anticipated Marvel book other than Daredevil.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just heard an announcement that there will be a Locke & Key / Sandman crossover book in the near future :ohhh:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I honestly didn't read it with the rest of my stash on Wednesday because I was disappointed by how King's Batman run eventually ended and thought Heroes in Crisis was absolute garbage.
But I sat down and read it after work last night and immediately remembered why I liked King so much.
Dude should really stick to doing stuff like this for the rest of his career and leave being the writer of in-continuity comics alone.
I bought Strange based off what people were saying about Mister Miracle.
Read Mister Miracle:wow:

I got high hopes for Strange Adventures. The art is fantastic and I like the dual narrative.