Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
How an island full of so many intelligent people could think that allowing Apocalypse to set up a gladiator arena to be the process for mutants de-powered by Scarlet Witch to be reborn with their powers is mindboggling to me. And Kurt is too late with the idea of starting a mutant religion because if Melody Guthrie's reaction is what all the reborn de-powered mutants react like then Apocalypse has already started one with himself as the messiah.
And Exodus is indoctrinating the children of Krakoa...what maniac thought letting Exodus have free and private access to mutant kids was a good thing?

im starting to thing theres a pollen that exists on krakoa that anyone caught in it instantly starts drinking the kool aid and its hard to counteract. i mean logan and scott both know whats going on is wrong as hell. kurt too, but the latter two both go watch big A kill a kid to get her powers back? and noone is saying shyt? something is wrong with all of them.

Every decision Xavier and Magneto have made on Krakoa has been a head scratcher and allowing people like Exodus and Apocalypse to have such positions of reverence is one of the many.

And also them just letting an obviously mentally ill Doug Ramsey be the one person with real contact with Krakoa isn't smart either.

I know most people are taking The X-Men's side in this beef because they are more popular than the FF and Reed Richards is a massive dikkhead, but Sue has had the moral highground in both issues of this series and really can't be blamed for going HAM on Scott and them with the way they talk about Franklin as if his being mutant gives them an equal or greater claim to the kid than his mom.

its the way mutants came at them. its one thing to invite the whenever hes ready, but the its inevitable talk that got them fukked up. then the talk as if valeria isnt as important talk is fukked up too. and if sue were to ever see the crucible? she would never let him go there. and i couldnt fault her. i think mutants are so accustomed to parents just throwing their kids at them because they are scared or dont know how to help them or whatever, but this is the wrong group to try that with. and even they know that. so why even try?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
At this point it is clear the overlapping theme of Krakoa is that it can only fail, mostly due to Charles' and Magneto's inherent arrogance that their powers can compensate for their flaws. Krakoa's entire infrastructure as a nation is reliant on the application of mutant powers. Once the mutants start to crack (and some of them were never right to begin with) it will go down the shytter.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Monstress: This was my defacto favorite book at one point. I'm letting it build up 12 issues to binge it. If you go back to my first posts in this thread, I was lauding Monstress. It's a beautiful, helluva book.

It's such a slow burn tho. It really doesn't get going for me until they get to Pontus, which isn't until issue 14 or 15.

I do appreciate that it is a book that takes time with its world building, and its art and pacing are a good blend of western and eastern comics. That's something the industry needs more of since it's getting its ass kicked by manga and webtoons.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hell it might still be Doug and Warlock manipulating Krakoa for the Technarch/Phalanx

Ironically, the two folks who would prolly catch wind of it first are

1. apocalypse
2. OG Cable

If Krakoa is acting up Apoc would already know...then again, he might be up to something himself, playing along and waiting the right moment. The first Sinister Secrets said he was waiting for his 4 Horsemen :lupe:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
July is when the first Dawn of X big crossover happens. Sounds kinda wacky to be honest but we'll see.

Marvel Announces X-Men Crossover X of Swords

Marvel Comics announced that "Swords of X" will be the first X-Men crossover in its new Dawn of X. Announced at the X-Men Panel at C2E2, "Swords of X" is a 15-part crossover led by Jonathan Hickman that will tie into every X-Men title.

“One of the cool things we are able to do now, because we’ve established the X-line and really know where we’re going, is that we’re able to try some different things out,” Hickman said in a statement. “X of Swords will be an old school crossover that meanders through the entire line. It’s almost like chapters of a story.”

The press release for "Swords of X" compares it to previous X-Men crossovers like Mutant Massacre, Age of Apocalypse and Messiah Complex.

"Swords of X" will feature 10 X-Men stepping up to defend Krakoa by arming themselves with new and familiar legendary blades from the Marvel's vast history. We are promised that "mutantkind will finally meet its mystical destiny," teasing some drastic changes to the X-Men franchise going forward.

Marvel's X-Men line of comics will continue to grow leading into "Swords of X." Wolverine launched earlier this month, and it will soon be joined by the upcoming series Hellions, Cable, X-Factor and Children of the Atom.

The 15-part "Swords of X" begins in July from Marvel Comics.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
If Krakoa is acting up Apoc would already know...then again, he might be up to something himself, playing along and waiting the right moment. The first Sinister Secrets said he was waiting for his 4 Horsemen :lupe:

yeah, in my mind Apocalypse wouldn't care, cause

1. Ain't shyt changed for him. Right now, Mutants are "The Strong" as a people go.
2. Going by what's going on in Excalibur, he clearly got something going on He's playing chess and moving pieces into position.

Also note how last issue, Scott wasn't sure if he saw Warlock or not. That whole page seemed weird. Krakoa pulled away as soon as it seemed like Scott noticed the three of them talking.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That really doesn't get me hyped to read this crossover.

Yeah, it doesn't sound very compelling on paper but they have been introducing swords since HoX/PoX so we'll see if it's worth a read or just some filler story that's just there to sell an "event" and to move the "big picture" plot forwards.

At least it wont be very long considering it will affect the entire line and with so many books coming out each week shyt gonna be over by week 5 or some shyt :pachaha:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Krakoa is fukking with mutants. That can explain why so many of the X-Men are acting completely out of character. There is no way Storm and Jean would cosign a crucible.

Yup. It's the only way. Most of the X-Men wouldn't co-sign this ish. I'm definitely not feeling this ish. The only good thing is that for the next X-reboot, it already has 2-3 built-in retcons