Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like the concept of this:

Giant-Size X-Men: Tribute to Wein & Cockrum #1
Modern MARVEL Artists Pay Homage to GIANT-SIZE X-MEN With Page-by-Page Re-Creation

qrSkfuu.jpg

A group of Marvel Comics artists including Alex Ross, Carmen Carnero, Mark Brooks, and more will pay homage to writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum's classic franchise-redefining Giant-Size X-Men #1 by re-creating the issue page-by-page in their own styles.

37 artists in all will contribute a page each to the re-creation, which will work from Wein's original script.

The announced list of artists involved are Ross, Carnero, Brooks, Kevin Nowlan, Chris Samnee, Marcus To, Siya Oum, Stephen Segovia, Marguerite Sauvage, Bernard Chang, Aaron Kuder, Takeshi Miyazawa, Juann Cabal, Gurihiru, Kris Anka, Phil Noto, Valerio Schiti, Leinil Francis Yu, Matteo Lolli, Ema Lupacchino, Carlos Gomez, Iban Coello, R.B. Silva, Ramon Rosanas, Joshua Cassara, David Baldeon, Marcelo Ferreira, Javier Garron, Rod Reis, Javier Rodriguez, Marco Checchetto, Jen Bartel, Mike Del Mundo, Rahzzah, Pepe Larraz, and Mike Hawthorne.

Modern MARVEL Artists Pay Homage to GIANT-SIZE X-MEN With Page-by-Page Re-Creation

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I usually try not to drop any personal details or anything, but I need your help!

I've been nominated for an Inkwell Award (for comic book inking), and I need your votes. Voting ends February 29th!!! :damn:

To keep my identity (mostly) anonymous, please PM me and I'll send you the ballot link.

Help a breh out!!! :damn:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
X-Force: Is that.... Bastion? :ohhh::jbhmm:

X-Men: Yeah, cool issue. I was wondering what they'd do with/about depowered mutants. That last statement... yeah, Kurt. Not a good idea.

Suicide Squad: This is what a Suicide Squad book is supposed to feel like. Twists, turns, deaths, paranoia, plotting.

Star: I don't want this to be a "She's Learning to be a Hero" book. I've said it a million times... why don't they just do a flat out villain book!? Why not a whole line? Marvel Dark or some shyt. You could have whole storylines leading up to minor crossovers with hero books Hell, the villain can still lose. Imagine if we saw Doom doing shyt leading up to stuff like Unthinkable or Secret Wars. Typing that made me realize we kinda get that with Thanos, but 3/4 of it is always critically/fan acclaimed and retconned

Monstress: This was my defacto favorite book at one point. I'm letting it build up 12 issues to binge it. If you go back to my first posts in this thread, I was lauding Monstress. It's a beautiful, helluva book.

Giant Size X-Men: It's Hickman paying homage to Morrison.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
FF/X-men 2
Doom Sentiels :sadcam:

That's why he wants Franklin :damn:

Gotta say, Reed's plan infiltrating Krakoa was really shytty. Too bad Zdarsky doesn't seem to know about Black Tom Cassidy's role on the island, that poor breh got another huge breach on his belt :mjcry: but if Chip doesn't know him I guess this L isn't gonna count against Black Tom :lolbron:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
xmen 7

so wanda is the enemy. and you have exodus in charge of children, as well as the crucible itself. mutantkind is gonna eventually fukk itself

like that little
split second moment with doug, warlock and krakoa

xmen/ff

sue was on one on this one. and she pretty much argued scott into a corner too.

doom is about to stomp a big ass L on krakoa when the time comes. im starting to thing namor didnt join krakoa because he felt they werent united enough, but he didnt want another loss added to his tally

ant man

im liking this series.

F to the bee bro. and the bug men are interesting villains

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
xmen 7

so wanda is the enemy. and you have exodus in charge of children, as well as the crucible itself. mutantkind is gonna eventually fukk itself

like that little

xmen/ff

doom is about to stomp a big ass L on krakoa when the time comes. im starting to thing namor didnt join krakoa because he felt they werent united enough, but he didnt want another loss added to his tally

ant man

im liking this series.

Man, I wonder what that moment meant shyt was so quick in the panel I had to look twice.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
X-Men: Yeah, cool issue. I was wondering what they'd do with/about depowered mutants. That last statement... yeah, Kurt. Not a good idea.
How an island full of so many intelligent people could think that allowing Apocalypse to set up a gladiator arena to be the process for mutants de-powered by Scarlet Witch to be reborn with their powers is mindboggling to me. And Kurt is too late with the idea of starting a mutant religion because if Melody Guthrie's reaction is what all the reborn de-powered mutants react like then Apocalypse has already started one with himself as the messiah.
And Exodus is indoctrinating the children of Krakoa...what maniac thought letting Exodus have free and private access to mutant kids was a good thing?

Suicide Squad: This is what a Suicide Squad book is supposed to feel like. Twists, turns, deaths, paranoia, plotting.
This issue officially has me hooked on this book. The new characters weren't clicking fully for me until this issue.

Giant Size X-Men: It's Hickman paying homage to Morrison.
I got what Hickman was going for and the art was very pretty but overall my feelings toward this book was just :beli:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
xmen 7

like that little
Every decision Xavier and Magneto have made on Krakoa has been a head scratcher and allowing people like Exodus and Apocalypse to have such positions of reverence is one of the many.

And also them just letting an obviously mentally ill Doug Ramsey be the one person with real contact with Krakoa isn't smart either.

xmen/ff

I know most people are taking The X-Men's side in this beef because they are more popular than the FF and Reed Richards is a massive dikkhead, but Sue has had the moral highground in both issues of this series and really can't be blamed for going HAM on Scott and them with the way they talk about Franklin as if his being mutant gives them an equal or greater claim to the kid than his mom.

ant man

im liking this series.

This is the first and only time anyone has made me actually like Swarm as a character. Zeb Wells gets massive props for that.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
How an island full of so many intelligent people could think that allowing Apocalypse to set up a gladiator arena to be the process for mutants de-powered by Scarlet Witch to be reborn with their powers is mindboggling to me. And Kurt is too late with the idea of starting a mutant religion because if Melody Guthrie's reaction is what all the reborn de-powered mutants react like then Apocalypse has already started one with himself as the messiah.
And Exodus is indoctrinating the children of Krakoa...what maniac thought letting Exodus have free and private access to mutant kids was a good thing?

yeah, it's all puzzling. you'd swear somebody was controlling krakoa through Charles for their own ends. The ones benefiting the most from Krakoa's existence are really humans and former mutant villains

This issue officially has me hooked on this book. The new characters weren't clicking fully for me until this issue.

I'd read a Revolutionaries book. We both know Tom gonna kill them all, though :mjlol::mjcry:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sebastian Shaw was great in New Mutants. He's really been underrated during this relaunch.

X-Men was :whoo:.

The past few issues Hickman was really addressed some of my gripes. (Mystique questioning the lack of Destiny resurrection, a less robotic cyclops)

All of the X books were good this week.