Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel is seriously oversaturating the market. They need to stop shytting out all these events and minis.

Right now we have Atlantis Attacks, Ruins of Ravencroft, and Iron Man 2020 all going on at the same time, and just a few months ago we had Annihilation Scourge, 2099, and were wrapping up Absolute Carnage.

At least spread these out a bit more so they're not cannibalizing each other's sales.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tynion is one of the most generic writers DC has ever pushed. Between him writing Batman, Bendis on Superman and the possibility of Snyder on Wonder Woman DC's big three are destined to become...

[Jack Kirby]Utterly unreadable for the foreseeable future![/Jack Kirby]

Snyder on Wonder Woman? I don't know if I'm cool with that especially after Metal and how Justice League got away from him.

I only assume this because he wrote the retconned origin story in WW 750 which is supposed to be part of bigger changes for the character (and the DC universe in general).

Snyder has said that he wants to take a backseat at DC for a while and focus on his creator owned titles like Wytches and Undiscovered Country, and maybe some Black Label minis.

That said, I wouldn't mind Snyder on Wonder Woman because it'd be ambitious and play with her mythology if nothing else, and that book has not been consistently good since Azzarello and Chiang left.

I had high hopes for G. Willow Wilson's run, and while it was decent, it never quite reached the heights I was hoping it would.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Marvel is seriously oversaturating the market. They need to stop shytting out all these events and minis.

Right now we have Atlantis Attacks, Ruins of Ravencroft, and Iron Man 2020 all going on at the same time, and just a few months ago we had Annihilation Scourge, 2099, and were wrapping up Absolute Carnage.

At least spread these out a bit more so they're not cannibalizing each other's sales.

ruins of ravencroft reads like an anthology series tied directly to the characters involved, not a line wide event

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Kind of surprised of the lack of DC Universe app talk...almost shocking.
We usually discuss the specific DC Universe shows in their own threads but there has never been much discussion about the app here other than the occasional mention of a back issue someone read here or there.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We usually discuss the specific DC Universe shows in their own threads but there has never been much discussion about the app here other than the occasional mention of a back issue someone read here or there.
Kind of odd considering Batman TAS, Harley Quinn, the animated movies, Justice League, JLU..all of that is on there. I love it...Harley Quinn is addictive and of course Batman TAS is always the show to watch.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Random Art as I was surfing

[Artwork] Green Lantern 80th Anniversary cover by Liam Sharp

ozbzzj1kwwg41.jpg