Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Are you guys excited about the two new major villains, The Designer and Punchline, being introduced in Batman #89 this week?

Copies of the issue have already been sold for between $35-$130 and I'm not quite understanding why all the hubbub.

Here's James Tynion's descriptions of the characters that he gave to artist Jorge Jiminez and the finished product that Jiminez came up with:

THE DESIGNER

BpBJjGM.jpg

PUNCHLINE

HBR2u0t.jpg

The designer sounds fun.

Punchline is whatever.. didn't Joker just have some bunny chick as his main awhile back?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I didn't mind the concept but they need to let him rest for a while and only use him sparingly.

Right now he's way OP (both overpushed and overpowered) to the point where no other villain looks like a threat.

We already know he beats Perpetua and Apex Lex, and Joker tried to kill himself because he didn't want the smoke. Only reason Darkseid hasn't been sonned yet is because he's still in the Ghost Sector. :unimpressed:

huh what issue does this happen, or is this from the future solicitations ?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In the Year of The Villain : Hell Arisen miniseries he has been owning Apex Lex Luthor left and right.

He also somehow captures The Phantom Stranger and tells him how easy it was to do since The Phantom Stranger is no Spectre who he defeated in his own universe.
:martin:
The shyt is just parody now.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The press releases for Dark Nights: Death Metal all say the Justice League will be going up against The Batman Who Laughs, which could only mean he defeats Perpetua and Apex Lex in Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen.

It wouldn't make any sense for them to join forces because Perpetua says the Dark Multiverse is an aberration whose very existence could ruin her plans.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Been going through my things I got when I was a kid. Found about 2 dozen comic books in pretty good condition. One issue was the Green Lantern one where Kyle’s girl is murdered and stuffed in the fridge. I was surprised to see I had it. :leon:

Also found the 4 part Daredevil story with Kingpin that finished at issue 300. I bought those comics a few years back. :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Been going through my things I got when I was a kid. Found about 2 dozen comic books in pretty good condition. One issue was the Green Lantern one where Kyle’s girl is murdered and stuffed in the fridge. I was surprised to see I had it. :leon:

Also found the 4 part Daredevil story with Kingpin that finished at issue 300. I bought those comics a few years back. :francis:
Kingpin got away with SO MUCH shyt before he was exposed. I loved how he and Sinister kept on winning for so damn long:laugh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
zpwcnbW.jpg

EMPYRE is shaping up to be an event that shakes up the entire universe, and what better way to take on a space invasion than with an alliance of heroes that spans the globe? Marvel Comics presents THE UNION, a new five-issue series spinning out of EMPYRE that unveils the latest super team taking on the intergalactic threat! Comprised of Britain's greatest Super Heroes -- Union Jack AKA Joseph Chapman, Snakes, Kelpie, the Choir, and Britannia -- the Union is stepping in to assist the Avengers and Fantastic Four in a battle that will test the limits of the fledgling crew!

THE UNION #1, written by legendary British comic creator Paul Grist (JUDGE DREDD, JACK STAFF) with art by Andrea Di Vito, features characters designed by R.B. Silva.

Grist expressed his excitement over writing THE UNION: "Forty years ago, Roger Stern and John Byrne introduced a new Union Jack into the pages of CAPTAIN AMERICA! This is the comic I've been waiting 40 years to write! New heroes! New adventures! And a team that's falling apart before it's even begun!"

Said Silva: “I really like Medieval themes and when I was designing these, I thought of the series The Last Kingdom on Netflix. With Britannia and Kelpie, I wanted them to look like medieval warriors and I just simplified and modernized it from there. For Snakes, I thought of the visual for the Executioner. Someone the enemy will fear from just a look. And for the Choir, more of a light visual, something that can enable quick movements. On her knife I put three dragon's heads. I know on Wales’ flag they have a dragon with only one head but I thought, why not three? :smile:

THE UNION #1, written by Paul Grist with art by Andrea Di Vito, goes on sale in May.

The Brits Are Coming: Meet the Union, the New Super Team Coming in 'Empyre'

I'm excited for Grist to be writing Union Jack but I would probably be more excited if they mixed things up and added some of the existing Brit heroes like Pete Wisdom, Meggan, Spitfire with these newbies.