Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The thing that confuses me about Hickman's X-men (and the other X-books) is that he used twelve issues (HoX & PoX) to establish a new status quo for mutant kind, only to start breaking it down immediately from all sides. We haven't gotten a true in-depth look yet at how this new mutant establishment functions but already Krakoa's defenses are torn apart from all sides, internal struggles mount and it just feels we were never given the time to get settled into this new world that is now changing from issue to issue.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
"So many killers... so much screaming... so many dying. I didn't know where to turn, who to help - which sentinel to stop first. And with the accusations of human judgement screaming in my ears... all I could think was that he was right. MAGNETO HAD BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG!"

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
The thing that confuses me about Hickman's X-men (and the other X-books) is that he used twelve issues (HoX & PoX) to establish a new status quo for mutant kind, only to start breaking it down immediately from all sides. We haven't gotten a true in-depth look yet at how this new mutant establishment functions but already Krakoa's defenses are torn apart from all sides, internal struggles mount and it just feels we were never given the time to get settled into this new world that is now changing from issue to issue.

remember when Cypher infected Krakoa with the TO virus?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The way s/he rationalized stealing Zamorna from Izzy was fukked up and pathetic. And very true to life. Ash deserves everything thats coming to her. And knowing Gillen, it'll be absolutely nothing. Sol prolly gonna congratulate her after she wins and go home to the real world. Ideally, Angela and Izzy prolly gonna hack some gods and channel through Matt to make Ash feel all the pain and grief s/he done caused.

I enjoyed Hickman's setup of this reboot. His X-Men writing has been fukked up and bland. He's writing the characters like somebody who only knows the characters through word of mouth would. Cyke is a cocky and boring perfect soldier, Jean is a flighty free love 17 year old from the 60's/70s, Emma is a rich bytch and by far his favorite character, Shaw is dumb muscle who thinks he's smarter than he is.

Snyder on JLA.... I ain't got no words for that, breh. :francis:
That bytchy back and forth between Jean and Emma in X-Men #3 was some of the most cringe inducing dialogue I've read in a while.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
X-Men really got washed by the Golden Girls :dead:
ELCn-C-XUAUcbvS.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Die 4
Can't fault dude for making a chick, since I usually make one when I play an mmo. But I'm guessing dude did some shyt while he was a woman :pachaha:

Die 5
I can understand Chuck pulling that shyt, but damn Isabelle. Her life in the real world didn't even seem bad.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Great point, and I think the biggest problem with it is that X-Force has been portraying it like it's dead serious but the last issue of X-men just played it for laughs. If you're gonna have Krakoa's security compromised this soon you can only do one or the other, definitely not both at the same time.

Now all the stakes in X-force are undermined because if these old ass ladies can get in, who else can? Yes, they were geniuses but they weren't a major threat, so what's next? Little ass kids getting in just to play around? Rich white people traveling to Krakoa like it's the safari or some shyt? :francis: