Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:laff: at those old ladies owning the mutants and giving Krakoa the flu. Science vs Mutantdom is gonna be fun feud going forward.

It seems X-Men #4 will be important as they are shipping every other n°3 and °4 DoX book in just two damn weeks :lupe:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
After reading X-Men #4 and having the Golden Girls of Botany steamroll over Cyclops, Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost plus however many mutants were chilling in The Savage Land, I think I'm off this train.
Some writers and properties just don't click and it is pretty damn evident that Hickman and The X-Men just don't click.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Doom “died” again. The second time in a month. :deadmanny:

Im scanning the Excalibur book. Since when did Apoc give a shyt about magic? I’ve read a good amount of stuff with him in it. Can’t recall magic playing a part.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Doom “died” again. The second time in a month. :deadmanny:

Im scanning the Excalibur book. Since when did Apoc give a shyt about magic? I’ve read a good amount of stuff with him in it. Can’t recall magic playing a part.
That Doom book is ass. I tried to look past the horrible first issue but it hasn't gotten any better.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Daredevil is great. Might as well be Season 4 for me.

Excalibur has GREATLY improved since the first issue. [larry june]Good Job, Tini[/larry june]. I hope Tini finds a way to write Faiza Hussain into this book at some point. Apocalypse+Pete Wisdom. Honestly... what's fukking with that? You wouldn't think the team of posh Betsy, Jubes, and Gambit would work, but somehow it does.

Marauders... the fukkery is about to start. I'm here for it :takedat: But I don't like the fact that you got Sebastian Shaw here doing this and in X-Men looking like a buffoon in the same month. Which brings me to....

X-Men: :francis: The idea of these old folks is cool, at least. Hickman, you feeling kinda Warren Ellis Lite right now, though.

Die: shyt is great and depressing. We bout to go from PvE to PvP. There's nobody in this party that either isn't a scumbag piece of shyt or feels like they're a scumbag piece of shyt.

Avengers: I'm just reading it to be reading it, honestly. Cap talking bout "We going into some super cosmic shyt, so why wouldn't I call you, Natasha?" Lookit Thor right now. Look at what Aaron doing to Jen. Jen is dumb but thinks smart, doesn't want to be sexualized but fukks Thor and takes naked hot baths with the guys, wears less clothes? Blade got a red sun weakness?

Okay. :francis:

Justice League is a muddled mess.

Savage Avengers: :bryan:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Excalibur has GREATLY improved since the first issue. [larry june]Good Job, Tini[/larry june]. I hope Tini finds a way to write Faiza Hussain into this book at some point. Apocalypse+Pete Wisdom. Honestly... what's fukking with that? You wouldn't think the team of posh Betsy, Jubes, and Gambit would work, but somehow it does.

Marauders... the fukkery is about to start. I'm here for it :takedat: But I don't like the fact that you got Sebastian Shaw here doing this and in X-Men looking like a buffoon in the same month. Which brings me to....

X-Men: :francis: The idea of these old folks is cool, at least. Hickman, you feeling kinda Warren Ellis Lite right now, though.

Die: shyt is great and depressing. We bout to go from PvE to PvP. There's nobody in this party that either isn't a scumbag piece of shyt or feels like they're a scumbag piece of shyt.

Avengers: I'm just reading it to be reading it, honestly. Cap talking bout "We going into some super cosmic shyt, so why wouldn't I call you, Natasha?" Lookit Thor right now. Look at what Aaron doing to Jen. Jen is dumb but thinks smart, doesn't want to be sexualized but fukks Thor and takes naked hot baths with the guys, wears less clothes? Blade got a red sun weakness?

Keep going Tini :myman:
Ay ay ay ay ay

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Die has been awesome from jump and I've really been enjoying Ash's heel turn.

I just want Snyder off of Justice League and Aaron off of Avengers as soon as possible.

Hickman writes Sebastian Shaw like how way too many dudes would write Hank Pym...mainly as a loser bum which sucks.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Die has been awesome from jump and I've really been enjoying Ash's heel turn.

The way s/he rationalized stealing Zamorna from Izzy was fukked up and pathetic. And very true to life. Ash deserves everything thats coming to her. And knowing Gillen, it'll be absolutely nothing. Sol prolly gonna congratulate her after she wins and go home to the real world. Ideally, Angela and Izzy prolly gonna hack some gods and channel through Matt to make Ash feel all the pain and grief s/he done caused.

I just want Snyder off of Justice League and Aaron off of Avengers as soon as possible. Hickman writes Sebastian Shaw like how way too many dudes would write Hank Pym...mainly as a loser bum which sucks.

I enjoyed Hickman's setup of this reboot. His X-Men writing has been fukked up and bland. He's writing the characters like somebody who only knows the characters through word of mouth would. Cyke is a cocky and boring perfect soldier, Jean is a flighty free love 17 year old from the 60's/70s, Emma is a rich bytch and by far his favorite character, Shaw is dumb muscle who thinks he's smarter than he is.

Snyder on JLA.... I ain't got no words for that, breh. :francis: