Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
Finally catching up with The Dreaming. On issue 14. That demon's response to Dora after she won was perfect. :mjlol:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Hickman made Coates break up storm and t’challa :mjcry:

Speaking of; is it okay to read Black Panther again?

I stopped at the beginning with the lesbian defectors/T'Challa is a horrible king angle started at like issue 9 of Coates' run

teacher

All Star
Daps
Speaking of; is it okay to read Black Panther again?

I stopped at the beginning with the lesbian defectors/T'Challa is a horrible king angle started at like issue 9 of Coates' run

intergalactic empire of wakanda has more tchalla styling, still self reflective but not to much in my opinion compared to his first try

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
intergalactic empire of wakanda has more tchalla styling, still self reflective but not to much in my opinion compared to his first try

My problem was;

HEY, GUYS, WE'RE GONNA RE LAUNCH BLACK PANTHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE

Kings are horrible people

What about the lesbians?

#BMAT

Also, Coates writes damn comics like novels

That shyt was not fun to read at all

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nakia >>>>>> Storm :lolbron:

I love the MCU pairing :blessed:

That's not really Nakia tho. Coogler took what felt like Malaika, who in the books was T'Challa's Wakandan lover and Paris ambassador/secret agent (they broke up in part bc of the distance) and gave her Nakia's name. Could've just called her Malaika in the MCU.. but I guess Nakia has a better ring to it.

Best thing you can do with T'Challa is severe any attachment with the x-men or mutants. Bc the x-men writers dont return the back rub.

Gentle is a p*ssy used to make Wakandans look like devils for mentally abusing him (for being a mutant/half cac/whatever) but good ol jean grey was able to white savior his ass. Then they discard him once that objective is complete. Got BP lookin like a love sick puppy (when things are "good" with Storm) or the bad guy (when things are "bad").

fukk all of dat shyt :scust:

Give me Nakia, M'Baku, Okoye, resurrect W'Kabi already cotdamn it, and let's actually build the BP supporting cast the same way white folks build up the Batman and Spidey cast every chance they get.

The time is now.