Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hickman loves the F4. But Franklin & the rest of the F4/FF have aged 5 years while they were away.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is who's Hickman's favorite X-character so far? There's really no reason to put the F4 in an X-book. They have more than enough characters to develop before they even get around to Franklin. And he'll never fit. They already have Quinton Quire

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Hickman loves the F4. But Franklin & the rest of the F4/FF have aged 5 years while they were away.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is who's Hickman's favorite X-character so far? There's really no reason to put the F4 in an X-book. They have more than enough characters to develop before they even get around to Franklin. And he'll never fit. They already have Quinton Quire
I'm betting this story will complete the Franklin Richards story. He began this in FF4 which lead into Avengers and now the X-Men.

Al Ewing is also orchestrating some large cosmic Hulk story that involves Franklin, History of the Marvel universe shows Franklin and Galactus are the last two alive. This is grand storytelling arc.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
DOHsqq9.jpg

:ehh:

IQG8AWE.jpg

IKiCzRs.jpg

:mjcry:

finally on House of X

:mjgrin:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Domino's Hotshots was a fun read.

I think I liked all them ladies.
Mad personality!

They need to keep that shyt going.

I been reading Moon Girl for a minute now and I STILL aint understanding exactly how her powers work with Devil Dinosaur.

:francis:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Are the non Hickman x books worth getting? Didn’t see any spec buzz but are they any good?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Asalam kind friends,

What is Marvel's obsession with pushing kitty pryde as leader/headliner over storm in these x books?

It's not like her non-existent solo books sell more. Is it because she's white?

Shukran,

For a lot of white X-writers who are near 40 or over, Kitty was probably the first comic book character that they connected with. She was the "everyday 80s kid from Chicago who wakes up with mutant powers and hijinks ensue".

She was also the franchises first "kid" character, so shes essentially the dikk Grayson of the X men.

Additionally, Clermont wrote her explicitly as the ultimate fan stand in with just a tad of mary sue-ness (shes super smart! Shes down to earth but witty! She fights for the underdog! Storm, Wolverine, Rachel Summers, Illyanna and Peter Rasputin, Nightcrawler *stops to catch breath* and Pete Wisdom ALL LOVE HER! Shes the purest beacon of hope for the ol cynical x men! She has a PET DRAGON:troll:) . Chris Sims coined kitty as "Everybodys girlfriend" and I think that's a spot on nickname, especially when you consider that comics in the 80s were for fukkING NERDS.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Are the non Hickman x books worth getting? Didn’t see any spec buzz but are they any good?

His Fantasic Four run was pretty damn good imo. The entire central premise is what if Reed Richards was actually using his genius to get prep the next generation to solve the world's problems?

In fact all of his Avengers and Secret Wars work is, in a lot of ways, him wrapping up his Fantasic Four arc.

He also wrote for the ultimate x men line before being brought over to 616. It wasn't too bad and you get a early idea of how Hickman likes to go big or go home with characters and concepts (hes basically a nicer Warren Ellis but from Texas, when I really think about it :ehh:).

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
His Fantasic Four run was pretty damn good imo. The entire central premise is what if Reed Richards was actually using his genius to get prep the next generation to solve the world's problems?

In fact all of his Avengers and Secret Wars work is, in a lot of ways, him wrapping up his Fantasic Four arc.

He also wrote for the ultimate x men line before being brought over to 616. It wasn't too bad and you get a early idea of how Hickman likes to go big or go home with characters and concepts (hes basically a nicer Warren Ellis but from Texas, when I really think about it :ehh:).

So are the non Hickman books worth getting? :laugh: