Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Bendis has fallen the fukk off. completely. it's all word bubbles and weak attempts at clever dialogue. superman is trash, and event leviathian has been 5 issues of watching a car-full of people talk while the car is stuck in neutral.
I don't even know what they hell the point of Event Leviathan is other than for Bendis to take 60 years of DC's spy agencies and toss it in the trash for some shyt he created.

fukk him twice for aging up jon kent too.

the back and forth fukkery between the supersons >>> that weak-ass legion book he's writing.
Reading that Super sons reunion in Superman just pissed me off.

It's fine that Bendis wanted to bring back The Legion of Superheroes and it is fine that he wanted to have Superboy on the team but that didn't mean he had to age Jon and ruin the duo that Jon and Damian became.

With a little imagination Benids could have kept Jon as a little kid, kept Kon as the Superboy in Young Justice and still had a Superboy be part of the Legion.
There are 52 fukking universes to find a Superboy. Or Bendis could have done a play on the Laurel Gand workaround that DC used after the Crisis to have a Supergirl type character in the Legion. Or just gender swap the Laurel Kent character that existed in the pre-Crisis Legion universe.

Anything but what Bendis did.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And PoX #6 has me thinking that Mystique is going to be the catalyst for a lot of what ends up fukking over Chuck/Magneto/Moira. There is no way she'll accept being strung along for very long without acting up and they made the mistake of putting her in the same group as Sinister which is very shortsighted.

It's just a matter of time before she decides to stop looking for Chuck and them to bring Destiny back and goes to Sinister to do it. Sinister being an a$$hole will do it just to fukk with the status quo and once Destiny is back and she sees what Moira is/can do/plans on doing, we will get a re-enactment of that scene from House of X #2.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
And PoX #6 has me thinking that Mystique is going to be the catalyst for a lot of what ends up fukking over Chuck/Magneto/Moira. There is no way she'll accept being strung along for very long without acting up and they made the mistake of putting her in the same group as Sinister which is very shortsighted.

It's just a matter of time before she decides to stop looking for Chuck and them to bring Destiny back and goes to Sinister to do it. Sinister being an a$$hole will do it just to fukk with the status quo and once Destiny is back and she sees what Moira is/can do/plans on doing, we will get a re-enactment of that scene from House of X #2.

Would be hilarious is Hickman was trolling all of us and Moira ends up having just 10 lives. IIRC Destiny wasn't sure if Moira would have 10 or 11 lives so we could end up with a situation were Moira gets got but nothing resets :lolbron:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
PoX
so im guessing gonna get an onslaught level disaster from moira attempting to break charles

giving mystique a seat at the council is gonna burn the shyt out of them(faster than the others anyway) come hell or highwater shes gonna bring destiny back

2poc at times have me divided. he doesnt appear to be drinking the kool aid like the rest of mutantkind with this harmony bs(wolverine and gorgon sharing a beer? get the fukk out)but that sinister note makes me think otherwise

i wonder if someones gonna fukk around and try to bring cassandra nova back. now that would be fukkery

a question ive had for years is what exactly are mutants evolutions for? it makes sense if theyre supposed to be experiments, but if theyre trying to move away from celestials being influential in them as an experiment, then they need to have a purpose right?

seeing sean and saryn on the same page happy is bittersweet as hell. it looks nice, but the foreboding makes it tragic. like a drawn out version of peg by steely dan

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Powers of X was really dope I agree that Destiny coming back is going to be the spark that fukks it all up. The Amazing Spider-man and Miles Morales Absolute Carnage tie-ins were :wow: especially the art by Ottley in the spidey issue
Peter showing why he's the goat marvel hero with that fight with Norman Carnage :Spideyblessed:
. The Miles issue had a pretty dope ending
Miles controlling the Carnage Symbiote :ohhh:to help Peter and Eddie down the line.

No lie that John Carpentender Joker was one of the most insane things I've read in a minute :gucci::whoo:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That Doctor Doom book is utter garbage. Dude writing the book has no clue who Doom is.
Victor Von Doom doesn't do puns, motherfukker.:dahellbaby:
EGdRgIJWsAEcMPZ.jpg
I was like 'This guy must have had one helluva strong pitch to get this book', and then I read it. What the fukk was up with this horrible characterization?

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even know what they hell the point of Event Leviathan is other than for Bendis to take 60 years of DC's spy agencies and toss it in the trash for some shyt he created.

Reading that Super sons reunion in Superman just pissed me off.

It's fine that Bendis wanted to bring back The Legion of Superheroes and it is fine that he wanted to have Superboy on the team but that didn't mean he had to age Jon and ruin the duo that Jon and Damian became.

With a little imagination Benids could have kept Jon as a little kid, kept Kon as the Superboy in Young Justice and still had a Superboy be part of the Legion.
There are 52 fukking universes to find a Superboy. Or Bendis could have done a play on the Laurel Gand workaround that DC used after the Crisis to have a Supergirl type character in the Legion. Or just gender swap the Laurel Kent character that existed in the pre-Crisis Legion universe.

Anything but what Bendis did.

agree 100%

supersons was one of my favorite things happening at DC. was the writing the best? nope. but the chemistry that jon and damien had was second-to-none. those little fukkers were legit HILARIOUS playing off one another. the secret base funded by batdad, the scoldings from alfred, sneaking out of the house on lois, getting the drop on pre-apex lex luthor in a way that only two kids could... all of it.

and here comes bendis, fukking it all up so that his version of the legion has a younger superman, just like the original. because parallels!

:rudy:

:camby:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re: Bendis, I'm pretty far behind on the Superman books, but I am caught up on Young Justice, and just like I thought when it was announced, very little has actually happened, even though we're almost a year into the book.

Just like with JSA and Legion, Young Justice was one of the hardest books to bring back because so much of Rebirth was spent trying to retcon New 52 Teen Titans. So they had to address several different Rebirth storylines (Superman Reborn, Super Sons of Tomorrow, Lonely Place of Living, Batmen Eternal, Flash War, Flash Annual #2), and there is zero sense of a status quo.

I still have no idea who Jinny Hex and Teen Lantern are or why they're needed here.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was like 'This guy must have had one helluva string pitch to get this book', and then I read it. What the fukk was up with this horrible characterization?
It was like the guy's only previous exposure to Doom was from reading his appearances in Bendis' Avengers.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re: Bendis, I'm pretty far behind on the Superman books, but I am caught up on Young Justice, and just like I thought when it was announced, very little has actually happened, even though we're almost a year into the book.

Just like with JSA and Legion, Young Justice was one of the hardest books to bring back because so much of Rebirth was spent trying to retcon New 52 Teen Titans. So they had to address several different Rebirth storylines (Superman Reborn, Super Sons of Tomorrow, Lonely Place of Living, Batmen Eternal, Flash War, Flash Annual #2), and there is zero sense of a status quo.

I still have no idea who Jinny Hex and Teen Lantern are or why they're needed here.

as far as superman... it's not even a spoiler to say
he's introduced the legion
. because none of the questions he introduced were answered along the way, and the progression behind how we got there has no coherence to it. we're just... here, doing something new. and talking. for the love of god, dont forget the talking.

i used to be such a huge, huge fan of dude. what the fukk happened.