Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wolverine: :salute:

(james howlett logan was literally the last real nikka alive in two different timelines. which got me thinking: what if the sinister rumor about him and the woman who's married with child is actually about him and moira, not him and jean? he actually seems to listen to the wisdom moira has, and she seems awfully dependent on his... reliability in her most important lives. i'm glad someone listens to her, because...)

charles & erik: :what::snoop::pacspit:

(i guess we all know how this falls apart, at least. even though i love the reveals for how in-character they felt, how fukking arrogant do you have to be?? :why: you have the ultimate trump card: a mutant who knows all the different reasons you're going to fail. AND YOU STILL INSIST ON MOVING HER ASIDE AND DOING IT YOUR WAY. i can see why moira murked both their asses in her 9th life. their never-ending insistence on being right is gonna get everyone killed. again. which brings me to...)

apocalypse: :whoo:

(i dont think it's a coincidence that he's in the cut, watching charles and erik pat themselves on the back for moira's vision coming to life. i think she's got a side-hustle running with apoc da gawd to move those two jackasses off the board when the time is right.)

moira: :wow:

(shorty is trying to lead the blind to salvation. she damn-near gave chuck an aneurysm. and they still won't listen. jesus. getting an inside-look at her frustrations trying to teach these two babies how to walk, set aside their own egos, and do things the right way was so fukking dope. and telling. because it looks like the real villains of the book arent the humans they have to take down. but their own "leaders".)

humanity: :demonic:

(the ultimate cockroach. fukk natural progression, and fukk your evolution. we'll build around it. :ahh:)

the librarian's reveal: :merchant::dwillhuh::sadbron:

the librarian: :pachaha::ufdup: (GOT 'EEM!)

"well here's the thing charles. it's not a dream if it's real."

chuck had no idea what kinda knowledge moira was kicking. IT'S NOT A GOOD THING, you dumbass! :sadcam:

PoX 6.... :banderas::mindblown::damn:

we got ourselves a modern classic brehs... :to:

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bendis has fallen the fukk off. completely. it's all word bubbles and weak attempts at clever dialogue. superman is trash, and event leviathian has been 5 issues of watching a car-full of people talk while the car is stuck in neutral.

fukk him twice for aging up jon kent too.

the back and forth fukkery between the supersons >>> that weak-ass legion book he's writing.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Yeah...I gave up on Hickman's X-Men a couple of weeks ago, but PoX #6 was basically everything I didn't want from this comic. Inevitable bleakness, deep cynicism regarding the X-Men's core mission, the constant spectre of DoFP/general mutants being hunted to extinction plot...it's just so deeply boring and lacking in creativity despite all of the post-human concepts and singularity talk. Hickman just spent an issue eliminating all stakes for this entire run, after spending en eternity failing to make me truly care about anything before that. Why in the fukk should I continue reading?

We spent 12 issues on a reframed status quo that should have taken, at the absolute most, 6 issues. And it leads to this.

If this is supposed to be good comic writing, I'm fukking fine on it. Enjoy it if it satisfies you.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah...I gave up on Hickman's X-Men a couple of weeks ago, but PoX #6 was basically everything I didn't want from this comic. Inevitable bleakness, deep cynicism regarding the X-Men's core mission, the constant spectre of DoFP/general mutants being hunted to extinction plot...it's just so deeply boring and lacking in creativity despite all of the post-human concepts and singularity talk. Hickman just spent an issue eliminating all stakes for this entire run, after spending en eternity failing to make me truly care about anything before that. Why in the fukk should I continue reading?

We spent 12 issues on a reframed status quo that should have taken, at the absolute most, 6 issues. And it leads to this.

If this is supposed to be good comic writing, I'm fukking fine on it. Enjoy it if it satisfies you.

This shyt really is like wrestling @Primetime :wow: my breh Epic been make his point across, gave up on the comic, but had to come back one last time just to make sure his take was right:russ:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This shyt really is like wrestling @Primetime :wow: my breh Epic been make his point across, gave up on the comic, but had to come back one last time just to make sure his take was right:russ:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Who knows what HickMcmahon has booked for Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, and Summerslam... but my dude it's been a joy watching Raw and Smackdown with yall marks and smarks these last 6 weeks :salute:

Attitude era ratings too :wow:, Monday Wednesday Night Wars :whew:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Who knows what HickMcmahon has booked for Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, and Summerslam... but my dude it's been a joy watching Raw and Smackdown with yall marks and smarks these last 6 weeks :salute:

Attitude era ratings too :wow:, Monday Wednesday Night Wars :whew:

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
that impending Stone Cold vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania payoff... :banderas:

when do we get the legendary faceoff that ends with a rendition of Margaritaville + a Rock Bottom? :feedme:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
PoX

Yeah that sinister rumor has to be about Moira and Logan. Him and Apoc are probably her aces in the hole. The only two that without a doubt will listen to her.

So Life 6 was the far future. :wow:

So I was right about life 6th being some next level shyt, but wrong about her having a hand in sentinel creation. No wonder she became more aggressive
and went after Trask's family asap. Stop the machines to slow man's advancement.

And mutants have lost every damn time :wow:

Can't even hate on the Librarian, humanity earned that smugness :wow:

The arrogance coming off of Charles and Erik. Their gonna fukk things up. Erik I can understand, but Charles.. she fukking showed you man. :dahell:

Those drugs have to be adding something to humanity, since humanity is the real end threat.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm mostly happy that Hickman dedicated an entire page to Professor X screaming like it's the 90s again. :russ:
PAn1T21.png

'AAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!':laff:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PoX

Yeah that sinister rumor has to be about Moira and Logan. Him and Apoc are probably her aces in the hole. The only two that without a doubt will listen to her.

So Life 6 was the far future. :wow:

So I was right about life 6th being some next level shyt, but wrong about her having a hand in sentinel creation. No wonder she became more aggressive
and went after Trask's family asap. Stop the machines to slow man's advancement.

And mutants have lost every damn time :wow:

Can't even hate on the Librarian, humanity earned that smugness :wow:

The arrogance coming off of Charles and Erik. Their gonna fukk things up. Erik I can understand, but Charles.. she fukking showed you man. :dahell:

Those drugs have to be adding something to humanity, since humanity is the real end threat.

SHE fukkING SHOWED YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

shyt reminded me of a parent telling their 4-year old to take their fingers out of their mouth.

Parent: *smack on the hand* Keep your fingers out of your mouth!:demonic:

Kid: :damn:

P: Do you understand me?!?:demonic:

K: Yes. :to:

P: ok.

*kid puts entire hand back in mouth*

:hhh:

i blame charles and eric. both of em. fukk that. they're both so caught up in thinking they've finally got everything figured out that, somehow, they really believe the best course of action is not listening to the proven voice of reason. it's so fukking stupid. it would have been like biff getting the sports almanac and saying "i can make the right picks without this damn book mcfly!"

it's also so believably par for the course. :snoop:

you can even see all the seeds for failure. sinister is already breeding chimeras. the man-machine evolution has technically already happened, courtesy of omega sentinel (they just haven't evolved it to the nimrod, and eventually the librarian, phase). that pit they dropped sabertooth in and his punishment looked and sounds an awful lot like the "bath" nimrod was giving cylobel to break her, right down to the stasis and the tentacles pulling her in. also, the librarian's helmet is a dead knockoff of xavier's. even forge's experimentation with biological tech sounds a lot like what the librarian and the other evolved humans have done to themselves.

regardless of what the mutants think the drugs are there to safeguard against, previous history makes it sound like they're handing the keys to their own demise over.

we need moira, apoc and logan to grab the wheel. fukk chuck and eric.:camby: