Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
he was always... different. but the sassy upgrade is a very recent take on the character. mostly the work of hickman and gillen.

fwiw, i love it. for a few reasons.

1.) dude dresses like a goth, albino dominatrix slave. he wears eyeliner and tassles and a giant cape-collar (w/o the cape) for god's sake. so the idea of embracing what the appearance has always suggested via a healthy sass upgrade makes sense to me.

2.) the whole bar sinister concept means that the more subdued sinister that some people prefer could always be reintroduced in a manner that doesn't disrupt canon, or what hickman is doing.

3.) imo, sinister as a character has always been overshadowed by the impact of his deeds. we know he's behind some of the biggest villain moments in x-men history. but as a character, he's always been kind of... flat for me. there was nothing there. so injecting some more identifiable personality traits that synch with his crazy backstory/motivations really works for me (i repeat, for me).

4.) albino dominatrix slave.
I'm cool with it. It's a little derivative of Deadpool but I like that it adds some color to such a serious book.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I've said this before but Daredevil is probably the best Marvel comic right now. Great character dialogue, intriguing story, great character interaction.

HoXPoX is good but it's confusing. None of the characters really have a distinct voice. Im hoping it becomes crystal clear at the end.

Immortal Hulk is great too but it's more spectacle right now.

Daredevil I think is hitting all the notes at once.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I've said this before but Daredevil is probably the best Marvel comic right now. Great character dialogue, intriguing story, great character interaction.

HoXPoX is good but it's confusing. None of the characters really have a distinct voice. Im hoping it becomes crystal clear at the end.

Immortal Hulk is great too but it's more spectacle right now.

Daredevil I think is hitting all the notes at once.

Chip da gawd :wow:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
69835305_2389070974539825_3332321299396558848_n.png

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cool..Gillen had a fantastic 12 issues before they did all that Bendis shyt. He had Sinister cloning himself and making like city of Sinisters somehow...he was kind of comical too. Different.

yeah. i was a fan of what gillen was trying to do (bendis, not so much. at all.). so i'm here for him getting another shot at carrying out his vision in the sandbox hickman is building.

the idea of hickman, gillen and ewing all writing x-books eventually... wow. marvel is not fukking around.