Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Yeah, PoX #4 was fine, felt like it ended right in the middle of what it wanted to show/accomplish. We'll see if once this whole thing is finished, it was worth it/made sense to have this kind of issue at this point of the story.

Those Sinister Secrets :lupe: have people figured them out?

There's more than one pretender :mjpls:
Next week is the first "red" book of the series, can't wait :lupe:

This is why I get so pissy about paying upwards of $5-6 an issue for this stuff. You just can't do that and then present an incomplete story (the Phalanx scene at the end was so opaque that it was incomprehensible unless you'd read, what, PoX #2 right before reading this or had an encyclopedic knowledge of X-Men history, and even then it's pretty opaque).

"Fine" is about what I'd call this, "incomplete" is another. I have no idea what's going on with his Sinister characterization, but I kind of hate it right now (seems like Hickman's go to for characterization is either wacky or sarcastic, even when it doesn't fit the character at all. It's quite annoying). It looks like the theories about the X-Men are going to bear out in such an obvious and direct fashion that you'd think it has to be a misdirect, but I figure HoX #5 will answer that question.

Not a lore guy (unnecessary history is the death of many a series, this one included), but the Krakoa deal was kind of interesting if nothing else. Hated Cypher's random sarcasm, but liked him interpreting Krakoa's language in the moment. Hopefully we get some follow-up on that.

I'll take another look at the Sinister secrets later, but as for #5 (I believe):

I initially thought Wolverine/Jean/Cyclops, and it may actually be depending on how you interpret the "married with child" line. In the main timeline, Scott and Jean don't have a kid: Scott and Madelyne Pryor have a kid (Cable). The line only works if you count alternate reality offspring Rachel Grey as "their" child.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The 3rd Summers Brother thing was lame as fukk.
First that cheesy Adam X was hinted at to be the 3rd bother, then bum ass Vulcan was created.
I bet they finally bite the bullet and just make Gambit Cyclops and Havok's brother like they were thinking of doing in the 1990s.

or like they tell at, chris was a rolling stone and is like a more potent form of the guthries where hes just making mutant babies. either way, im not looking forward to the fallout if it leads to anything

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
secret number 2 is
Cable, I hope. Who's more trendsetting than Mr. 90's Guns and Pouches?

Plus it fits the whole Sinister/Summers/Grey/Pryor theme

At least I got my question answered about Sinister being a mutant.

Doug fukking up. But I'm just happy to see him being used in a normal way, not all these personality shifts they been giving him over the years.

That sword shyt, was that Knull? I like Knull

616 owes Apocalypse a debt of gratitude. Old School 'Pocy was putting in that work. Fighting off The Brood, fighting off whatever this is, fighting off Dracula...

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
secret number 2 is
Cable, I hope. Who's more trendsetting than Mr. 90's Guns and Pouches?

Plus it fits the whole Sinister/Summers/Grey/Pryor theme

At least I got my question answered about Sinister being a mutant.

Doug fukking up. But I'm just happy to see him being used in a normal way, not all these personality shifts they been giving him over the years.

That sword shyt, was that Knull? I like Knull

616 owes Apocalypse a debt of gratitude. Old School 'Pocy was putting in that work. Fighting off The Brood, fighting off whatever this is, fighting off Dracula...

That number 2 is a damn good guess. Because he is coming back :ohhh:

Folk saying that was Surtur :manny:

Apoc sure the fukk was pointing in work tho :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I actually thought the sword stuff was

Limbo / Belasco & Sym related

:yeshrug:

:ohhh: you could be right, which would make the realm Pocy sealed them up in Limbo

That number 2 is a damn good guess. Because he is coming back :ohhh:

Folk saying that was Surtur :manny:

Apoc sure the fukk was pointing in work tho :wow:

:russ: It's such an ill visual.

Demons coming up out the ground like :demonic:..........................................:why:

Apocalypse: :stopitslime:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Not liking this interpretation of Mr. Sinister because no way a guy how is essentially immortal outside of two individuals would clone himself and two he is way to cold, calculating, and detached to be this wacky. Didn’t like sinister society when Gillian did it don’t like now. Plus, mr. sinister has long been obsessed with the mutant gene the need to kill one that wasn’t doesn’t make sense.

I’m almost certain this is moria’s ninth life and not the 616.

Last edited:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Not liking this interpretation of Mr. Sinister because no way a guy how is essentially immortal outside of two individuals would clone himself and two he is way to cold, calculating, and detached to be this wacky. Plus, mr. sinister has long been obsessed with the mutant gene the need to kill one that wasn’t doesn’t make sense.

I’m almost certain this is moria’s ninth life and not the 616.

which life was it that Sinister betrayed them in?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was Sinister always this flamboyant?

he was always... different. but the sassy upgrade is a very recent take on the character. mostly the work of hickman and gillen.

fwiw, i love it. for a few reasons.

1.) dude dresses like a goth, albino dominatrix slave. he wears eyeliner and tassles and a giant cape-collar (w/o the cape) for god's sake. so the idea of embracing what the appearance has always suggested via a healthy sass upgrade makes sense to me.

2.) the whole bar sinister concept means that the more subdued sinister that some people prefer could always be reintroduced in a manner that doesn't disrupt canon, or what hickman is doing.

3.) imo, sinister as a character has always been overshadowed by the impact of his deeds. we know he's behind some of the biggest villain moments in x-men history. but as a character, he's always been kind of... flat for me. there was nothing there. so injecting some more identifiable personality traits that synch with his crazy backstory/motivations really works for me (i repeat, for me).

4.) albino dominatrix slave.