Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There are way to many signs that the last issue wasn’t 616.

In fact this could be the 6th life they never discussed or even more likely this is the 10 life and the 616 is the 11th final life after she takes the cure for the mutant gene.

Real talk I think the Sentinels are going to just bounce

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
That was my only problem with the issue. The X-Men got housed by a bunch of security guards and a lady scientist with anger issues.

I mean like Jean wouldn't have been able to sense dude planting the bomb last issue :dahell:

Or like everyone else said.. she could have just shut everyone's minds down.

There are way to many signs that the last issue wasn’t 616.

In fact this could be the 6th life they never discussed or even more likely this is the 10 life and the 616 is the 11th final life after she takes the cure for the mutant gene.

Real talk I think the Sentinels are going to just bounce

Yeah I was getting that feel too after reading the issue.
This is her 10th life, but I don't think this is 616 either.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
69896430_491958221593531_5568472460023742979_n.jpg

68930920_215591259410308_6475753750272491109_n.jpg

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though they explicitly called it a suicide mission, they went in very much half cocked. Just the six or seven of them against an entire satellite dedicated to killing them with essentially one way in and one way out. The entire mission was a death trap, and I'm glad Hickman actually treated it as such (even if you could ask, for instance, why the most powerful mutant psychic in existence didn't use her powers to avert death).

As for the bolded, you could say that for the last 10-15 years of mainstream comics in general. :manny:

@Mr. Negative Sinister's history gets so twisted up that I honestly forgot that he was a human who gave himself powers when I wrote that post. To be fair, he's so wrapped up in mutant affairs and lore that most of the writers just treat him as a mutant outright. Hickman might be doing the same thing here.

yeah. i think one of my favorite moments of the book was when they cut back to the blackbird, and they were still in it, all fukked up. all week i was expecting some type of fakeout or morrison-style curveball that had them three steps ahead of the seemingly-too-obvious cliffhanger (and paid off karima's talk of their approach being too linear). i had no idea how we were gonna get there. but i just knew they had dodged that explosion.

nope. shyt just got real and the home team was already on the ropes. i was glued to every single word and image for the rest of the chapter. :wow:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
but those numbers are strictly for genosha. the "pretender" and others have different number values, so its a good question to ask

i mean they also have a picture of house of m wanda in their headline too. so how did they come across that when she was just about to revert back to normal reality?

they would have had to deal with the avengers and would have lost. but theyve had magneto on teams since

Naw if Storm and Ice Man ever go full out they will take The Avengers out, your Brain have Electros Strom Control that shyt and fried their brain's, Ice Man can freeze your life liquids. Xavier could have the Avengers fight each other by Controlling their minds are just shut their brains off.

Xavier, Rachel Summer's, Magneto, Rogue, Ice Man, Storm at that time could of wreck the Avengers

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Naw if Storm and Ice Man ever go full out they will take The Avengers out, your Brain have Electros Strom Control that shyt and fried their brain's, Ice Man can freeze your life liquids. Xavier could have the Avengers fight each other by Controlling their minds are just shut their brains off.

Xavier, Rachel Summer's, Magneto, Rogue, Ice Man, Storm at that time could of wreck the Avengers

pym, blue marvel, wanda, the non squadron supreme hyperion, vision, strange, and hulk would be a problem for just about anyone. and that doesnt include crazy ass sentry. id love to see what would happen if charles dived into immortal hulks head though, theres a lot of dudes in there

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Here's my problema with House of X so far:

The Xavier stuff should've been resolved first. His relationship with the X-Men is shaky at best, so there's no reason he should be where he is, at the beginning of this series, without addressing that first. Which brings me to this issue

#2 & the October solicits really undermines the emotional impact it should've had. Also, Hickman doesn't understand Scott. I think that's why he's been used like Fox Movie Scott.

Other than that, this would've been an 8/10. Bit it also should've been combined with #3, so I give it a 7