Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
70026147_2051929081574605_5245326271637880832_n.jpg

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i got thor and hyperion vibes from that scene

Same. That was easily one of my favorite sequences from current comics, and while this took the shortcut of using Wolverine and Nightcrawler's pre-existing rely and interactions with each other (instead of it being payoff to multiple series worth of storyline like with Thor), it was still incredibly effective.

I liked the small touch of the person in charge of the space station stating that the away team murdered her husband, when he committed suicide essentially.

I think my primary issue is that if you currently/used to read East of West.......we gonna sit here and act like Xavier ain't looking like a grown Babylon out here?

Matter of fact...... Xavier, Babylon, The Maker.....characters with silly ass headwear might be as much of a staple in Hickman books as "be-doop" :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The way Hickman has been writing Mystique has been off from jump and this issue was probably the worst yet.

So far all she's done is stand around with the gas face and be very terse but in this issue she was so dumb she got lost and fukked up the whole mission.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The way Hickman has been writing Mystique has been off from jump and this issue was probably the worst yet.

So far all she's done is stand around with the gas face and be very terse but in this issue she was so dumb she got lost and fukked up the whole mission.
Yeah she's much more intelligent than that. Idk why he wrote her that way?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Magnificent Ms.Marvel
:banderas:

I dont know...

I love stories where theres like a King/Ruler or whatever, that comes off as a good guy but on the low is a tyrant.
I love that kinda shyt.
Kamala gonna snuff this muthafukka for blowing up that ship.
:mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Savage Avengers been :ld:
I have been trying to stay with this book but I'm thinking I might just drop it now that the first arc is over.

Did anyone check SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #1? I really liked the first issue. James Tynion has a really good handle on horror stories and the nods to Buffy the Vampire Slayer are intriguing.
EDplAcRXUAMREH_.jpg

And the DCEASED: A GOOD DAY TO DIE special was really fun. Probably the best issue of the entire DCEASED series so far.
EDplAbeX4AINNy1.jpg

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Hickman on X-Men has been everything I thought it would be.

Epic action, wild storylines, and wild concepts.

I hope Marvel lets him do a major company wide X-Men event.

Also....I know it’s a bit premature....but I’d like to see him do another Avengers run. After what he put them thru with Thanos, The Builders, The Beyonders, The Illuminati, Incursions, Time Runs Out which culminated with Secret War.....what could he possibly do with the Avengers after that EPIC run?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Raw this past week was epic as usually. That Kurt x Logan moment was :to:

All the death... it's like when Rock threw Austin over the bridge and we were like SCSA is dead! :lupe: (Because it was still real to us, damn it).

Can't wait for the funeral and the beer truck swerve

Unless it's not a swerve :lupe:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All this X-Men vs Avengers hypotheticals...

We already been there, done that... in 2012.. and all that transpired was a clusterfuk of bad writing, character politics, and shenanigans to explain why x character would beat y character.

2012 Ironman and BP had dem ass pull 'tingencies to circumvent Magneto and Storm... and modern Avengers BP shoots ki blasts, swings light sabers, casually puts up force fields to block point blank gamma nuke explosions. Nygga a game genie reparations cheat code making up for those Don McGregor years

teacher

All Star
Daps
All this X-Men vs Avengers hypotheticals...

We already been there, done that... in 2012.. and all that transpired was a clusterfuk of bad writing, character politics, and shenanigans to explain why x character would beat y character.

2012 Ironman and BP had dem ass pull 'tingencies to circumvent Magneto and Storm... and modern Avengers BP shoots ki blasts, swings light sabers, casually puts up force fields to block point blank gamma nuke explosions. Nygga a game genie reparations cheat code making up for those Don McGregor years

He's in love with a mutant and none of the avengers are Wakandan....He could switch especially the way bp writers are writing them.