Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
How many unrepentant killers have been on avengers squads?

And I mean actual Avengers squads, not nonsense like dark or Savage who are avengers literally in name only

Define unrepentant, because Wolverine, Blade, Punisher, Deadpool, dozens more and even Captain America have all killed before and do not regret having to take that action.

Also, you did not answer the questions I asked... let’s not skip over that

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Define unrepentant, because Wolverine, Blade, Punisher, Deadpool, dozens more and even Captain America have all killed before and do not regret having to take that action.

Also, you did not answer the questions I asked... let’s not skip over that

unrepentant, as people who dont care about the people they kill or that they do so. wolverine and deadpool are repentant killers. punisher is unrepentant, which got him kicked off the new avengers. blade kills monsters that prey on humans, and cap does regret killing all the time. hes never proud that he has to kill people and questions his actions when he does

how many former villains do the avengers employ? quite a few. but how many of them go back to a life of crime after being on an avengers team?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
unrepentant, as people who dont care about the people they kill or that they do so. wolverine and deadpool are repentant killers. punisher is unrepentant, which got him kicked off the new avengers. blade kills monsters that prey on humans, and cap does regret killing all the time. hes never proud that he has to kill people and questions his actions when he does

how many former villains do the avengers employ? quite a few. but how many of them go back to a life of crime after being on an avengers team?

Bruh, you haven't answered my question from the original post tho. Have you been reading comics for a while? Like longer than 10 years?

Because there is definitely a scale of morality when it comes to all of this and characters waiver constantly. You seem to have issues with how the X-Men, specifically Emma Frost, acted with the Sabretooth situation. First, we don't know who Emma is acting for or what her motivation was.

Second, you seem to be isolating this situation from the entire history of the character. Creed is a villain, except for the time he was reluctantly acting in heroic interests or inverted, he's been a cold blooded killer, he's actually way more tame now than he was. But just because X-Men are springing him out of a corrupt court system, doesn't mean he won't face any judgement. Your "lack of confidence" in the X-Men seems misplaced because we've seen this type of behavior AND WORSE from other heroic teams and the Marvel Government and authorities as well. Do you take no issue with how most heroes in the Marvel Universe operate independently and mess with lives, space, time and reality constantly, or is it just an issue when the X-Men do it?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Bruh, you haven't answered my question from the original post tho. Have you been reading comics for a while? Like longer than 10 years?

Because there is definitely a scale of morality when it comes to all of this and characters waiver constantly. You seem to have issues with how the X-Men, specifically Emma Frost, acted with the Sabretooth situation. First, we don't know who Emma is acting for or what her motivation was.

Second, you seem to be isolating this situation from the entire history of the character. Creed is a villain, except for the time he was reluctantly acting in heroic interests or inverted, he's been a cold blooded killer, he's actually way more tame now than he was. But just because X-Men are springing him out of a corrupt court system, doesn't mean he won't face any judgement. Your "lack of confidence" in the X-Men seems misplaced because we've seen this type of behavior AND WORSE from other heroic teams and the Marvel Government and authorities as well. Do you take no issue with how most heroes in the Marvel Universe operate independently and mess with lives, space, time and reality constantly, or is it just an issue when the X-Men do it?

ive been reading comics since ive been reading. i didnt think that to be a question because whats the point unless your trying to dry brag for some reason?

i have issues with the way the xmen do a lot of things. they are a very callous group thats likes to make you think they act in a way that a survivalist would, but then do thing that are counteractive like put at risk the few members they have or throw away members that are useless to them

whether or not creed is more tame than he was, he said in the same issue that he wasnt gonna be held there and planned on killing them all. so then by his own admission hes a cold blooded killer that lacks any sort of remorse for his actions
as for the reason i dont believe the xmen is because they have a revolving door for mutants. magneto has been on and off teams and goes back to villainy every time. emma was just the black king, but im supposed to take her word that creed is gonna get some sort of punishment? there are avengers that are responsible for fukked up things, but they actually suffer the consequences for their actions. cosmic altered steve rogers is still in prison, hank pym went to jail for the ultron mess and fallout. as for the rest of the marvel universe, shyt is shyt. when shytty things happen, ill call it out. the SRA and no chance to opt out meaning that powered individuals had to join up or go to prison? stupid. the avengers consistently taking a blind eye or doing nothing when their teammates are clearly off and need help? stupid. constantly trusting tony stark when you know hes gonna end up fukking you to save his own skin? stupid. the avengers arent above reproach and neither should the xmen. but that bothers you when i go after them. why is that?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
ive been reading comics since ive been reading. i didnt think that to be a question because whats the point unless your trying to dry brag for some reason?

I'm asking because knowing what your range and understanding of the characters are will be helping in finding the answers you seek...

i have issues with the way the xmen do a lot of things. they are a very callous group thats likes to make you think they act in a way that a survivalist would, but then do thing that are counteractive like put at risk the few members they have or throw away members that are useless to them

This is part of the reason I asked my initial question (that I'm still seeking answers to).

Your knowledge and understand of the X-Men seems to be very limited and one sided. As if you only read a few stories and not the supplemental material. Are you primarily a DC reader? You strike me as primarily a DC reader because their viewpoint on their heroes and their place in the world is very different than how its presented in Marvel comics.

whether or not creed is more tame than he was, he said in the same issue that he wasnt gonna be held there and planned on killing them all. so then by his own admission hes a cold blooded killer that lacks any sort of remorse for his actions

Creed was acting in character there, should you have any remorse for your enemy?

as for the reason i dont believe the xmen is because they have a revolving door for mutants. magneto has been on and off teams and goes back to villainy every time. emma was just the black king, but im supposed to take her word that creed is gonna get some sort of punishment? there are avengers that are responsible for fukked up things, but they actually suffer the consequences for their actions. cosmic altered steve rogers is still in prison, hank pym went to jail for the ultron mess and fallout. as for the rest of the marvel universe, shyt is shyt. when shytty things happen, ill call it out. the SRA and no chance to opt out meaning that powered individuals had to join up or go to prison? stupid. the avengers consistently taking a blind eye or doing nothing when their teammates are clearly off and need help? stupid. constantly trusting tony stark when you know hes gonna end up fukking you to save his own skin? stupid. the avengers arent above reproach and neither should the xmen. but that bothers you when i go after them. why is that?

Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Magneto and countless other mutants have been in jail and done time for various things. However, part of the reason this doesn't seem to hold much value to either side is that the government and population as a majority tend to hate and fear mutants and thus do not give them fair trials and due process. One of the core tenants of the X-Men books is that they are seeking equal and/or fair treatment and have never received it. It strikes me as odd that you'd take such issue with a Kangaroo Court scene which even if Creed deserves prison, he is dealing with people that are using their power and resources to press him, but when Emma shows up and does the exact same thing, you take issue with her. Why?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I'm asking because knowing what your range and understanding of the characters are will be helping in finding the answers you seek...

This is part of the reason I asked my initial question (that I'm still seeking answers to).

Your knowledge and understand of the X-Men seems to be very limited and one sided. As if you only read a few stories and not the supplemental material. Are you primarily a DC reader? You strike me as primarily a DC reader because their viewpoint on their heroes and their place in the world is very different than how its presented in Marvel comics.

how do you gauge my knowledge on the xmen from the back and forth here? im not looking for any answers outside of the ones hickman is dropping in his series. just because i dont agree with the way the xmen move sometimes doesnt mean i dont understand the xmen

Creed was acting in character there, should you have any remorse for your enemy?

should you have remorse for the people you kill? should you feel bad for your actions? you act like sabretooth is only killing mercenaries

Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Magneto and countless other mutants have been in jail and done time for various things. However, part of the reason this doesn't seem to hold much value to either side is that the government and population as a majority tend to hate and fear mutants and thus do not give them fair trials and due process. One of the core tenants of the X-Men books is that they are seeking equal and/or fair treatment and have never received it. It strikes me as odd that you'd take such issue with a Kangaroo Court scene which even if Creed deserves prison, he is dealing with people that are using their power and resources to press him, but when Emma shows up and does the exact same thing, you take issue with her. Why?

hes being pressed because hes a serial killer whos been actively killing for decades. i would have more faith in creed being in an undisclosed prison away from the general populace then at the revolving door that is the xmen. even more so when i know what emma is capable of.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Bringing Barry Allen back from the dead was completely unnecessary. We all moved on and accepted Wally as THE Flash.
I hate what DC did to 90s replacements like Wally, Kyle, and Tim Drake. A whole generation of folks grew up with Wally as The Flash, Kyle as Green Lantern, and Tim as Robin only to turn around and bring back Barry, Hal, and making bytch ass Damian Wayne Robin. :scust: