Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
giphy.gif

let me get up and go clean the house, cut up some steaks or something. fukk Bendis. fukk this shyt
lemme leave you with a bendis panel that may change your mind
AliasButtSex.jpg

ok maybe not

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I honestly think is going on with DC and Bendis (and this is just me talking, not anything hinted at anywhere) is.....

A. They threw the bag at him hoping he could lay better goundwork for their movies (remember he was on Avengers when Marvel dropped Iron Man)

B. Connect with the "diverse" teen audience because of his track record of creating successful teen and "ethnic" characters (His Ultimate Spiderman work, Ultimate Nick Fury, Miles Morales, Daisy Johnson/Quake, Secret Warriors in general, RiRi Willams, Yo-Yo Rodriguez (shield tv), Layla Miller)

C. Reboot a space franchise so it could possibly be used for TV/Movie purposes (like G.o.t.G was)

D. I don't think it's a coincidence that Lois Lane got a solo comic right now, even though Bendis isn't writing it (Jessica Jones)
I completely get why DC hired the guy but I don't understand letting him just have carte blanche with the entire line.

If he would have just been on Superman or given the Wonder imprint but for him to have his hands in so much without really getting the return they must have expected is nuts.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
New black horror book coming from Image Comics:

KILLADELPHIA

ECBDs1eXoAAAUXB.jpg

i saw the gun, shovel and tie and thought they gave louis from left 4 dead a spinoff story, the backstory for this sounds dope
I'll see your panel and raise you a panel:

MightyAvengers11_Insult_zpswx8kt0aj.jpg

those thought bubbles in mighty were fukking terrible.its like he wanted you to hate carols ass(not her literal ass....but you know)

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I honestly think is going on with DC and Bendis (and this is just me talking, not anything hinted at anywhere) is.....

A. They threw the bag at him hoping he could lay better goundwork for their movies (remember he was on Avengers when Marvel dropped Iron Man)

B. Connect with the "diverse" teen audience because of his track record of creating successful teen and "ethnic" characters (His Ultimate Spiderman work, Ultimate Nick Fury, Miles Morales, Daisy Johnson/Quake, Secret Warriors in general, RiRi Willams, Yo-Yo Rodriguez (shield tv), Layla Miller)

C. Reboot a space franchise so it could possibly be used for TV/Movie purposes (like G.o.t.G was)

D. I don't think it's a coincidence that Lois Lane got a solo comic right now, even though Bendis isn't writing it (Jessica Jones)

Eh....

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

A. I don't see it. Bendis stopped having anything to do with the mcu around the time of the 1st Avengers.

B. I can see this. Layla Miller isn't one of his tho.

C. GOTG got popular because of Annihilation which Bendis had no part of.

D. I think that's just them throwing stuff at the wall, to see if anything sticks. But I don't think it's the first time Lois had her own comic?

She's improved quite a bit since Bendis stopped writing her.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
D. I think that's just them throwing stuff at the wall, to see if anything sticks. But I don't think it's the first time Lois had her own comic?
Lois Lane had her own book back in the day that was just issue after issue of her thirsting after Superman and doing dumb shyt to get his attention.
5IYaSmC.jpg

And I think Lois getting a solo book again was just DC pushing the Superman Family hard because they have also given Jimmy Olsen his own series again. Low key that Jimmy Olsen book is pretty good.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Lois Lane had her own book back in the day that was just issue after issue of her thirsting after Superman and doing dumb shyt to get his attention.
5IYaSmC.jpg

And I think Lois getting a solo book again was just DC pushing the Superman Family hard because they have also given Jimmy Olsen his own series again. Low key that Jimmy Olsen book is pretty good.
Where the BBW lovers :mjgrin: