Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
secret wars didnt change much though.
In general marvel kind of went another direction after and went with the whole death of x, I vs X etc and the whole kitty Pryde as leader .all very meh and a attempt to make the inhumans equal to Xmen

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
secret wars didnt change much though.
In general marvel kind of went another direction after and went with the whole death of x, I vs X etc and the whole kitty Pryde as leader .all very meh and a attempt to make the inhumans equal to Xmen

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:bryan: Avengers: I don't like the bald look, but Daimon Hellstrom seems like he walked STRAIGHT outta Warren Ellis' Hellstorm run.
Aaron captured the personality of my favorite version of Daimon Hellstrom perfectly. I hope he sticks around or that Marvel decides to do a spinoff with an Avengers magic team like DC has with Justice League Dark.

I'm also not a fan of the bald head and goatee look.

They should have drawn him like he was drawn in the last Spirits of Vengeance miniseries...suited up and urbane until he gets pissed off.

XqvKpwu.jpg

AghSeXU.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Aaron captured the personality of my favorite version of Daimon Hellstrom perfectly. I hope he sticks around or that Marvel decides to do a spinoff with an Avengers magic team like DC has with Justice League Dark.

:jbhmm: who would you put in such a book? A mature NC 17 Avengers book.

I wouldn't want Blade, cause that's too obvious. But the movie means Blade would be in it. :francis:

It wouldn't make sense to have Daimon, Doctor Strange and Doctor Voodoo on the same book. I honestly don't think Voodoo and/or Strange would work for a straight up horror book.

I'd want Scarlet Witch to get the offer and be like :mjtf::whoa: and Agatha Harkness show up instead.... to stay at the base and offer intel. Edit: and I want her and Daimon to HATE each other... but keep it civil. Something about Agatha's past "relationship" with Daimon's dad. :mjlol:

:francis: past that I gotta give it some thought

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:jbhmm: who would you put in such a book? A mature NC 17 Avengers book.

I wouldn't want Blade, cause that's too obvious. But the movie means Blade would be in it. :francis:

It wouldn't make sense to have Daimon, Doctor Strange and Doctor Voodoo on the same book. I honestly don't think Voodoo and/or Strange would work for a straight up horror book.

I'd want Scarlet Witch to get the offer and be like :mjtf::whoa: and Agatha Harkness show up instead.... to stay at the base and offer intel. Edit: and I want her and Daimon to HATE each other... but keep it civil. Something about Agatha's past "relationship" with Daimon's dad. :mjlol:

:francis: past that I gotta give it some thought

I would want to make it weird with a mix of characters who have powers derived from magic and not just magic users.

I like your idea of having Agatha Harkness as a part of it too.

I'd have these folks be the team:

Daimon Hellstrom
Blade
Gargoyle (always liked him from the old Defenders)
Sebastian Druid (Hellstrom killed his dad which would cause drama plus Sebastian is a bit of a dikk)
Elsa Bloodstone (cool character I've always liked)
Vertigo (one of the Salem's Seven witches who is also Agatha Harkness' grand-daughter)
Snowbird (another cool ass character who I've always liked)
Hercules (because every Avengers team needs a god)

And there used to be this updated version of the team called the Howling Commandos that was made up of monsters and their headquarters was built on the back of this giant dragon that flew them wherever they needed to go. So I'd have them use Grogg the Dragon as their HQ!.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Powers of X was really dope the multiple timelines all have interesting premises going on the War timeline was way too fukking cool. :ohlawd:
I haven't picked up any books since I was a kid. I've been using Youtube to keep up on major storylines so I decided to jump in with HoX & PoX. That war shyt is interesting. I've always been :merchant: at Nimrod so to see this characterization of him is interesting. He's pure fukkery here.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Powers of X #1...

:manny:

And this guy has the nerve to talk about X-Men writers telling the same stories over and over again...

Some of it is good, some of it is bad fanfiction fodder...it's all really not as different as he wants to make it out to be. If you enjoy it, fair play to you, I'm not gonna rain on your parade.