Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I swear every time Hickman writes a new book he must be spending half his preparation time on creating a new symbol language. :deadrose:

I loved House of X. It's the grand scale setup it needed to be, and the concept, while familiar, leaves so much room to take it into different directions.

Also, Orchis repurposing Sol's Hammer as an intergalactic Sentinel factory and Mystique and Toad seemingly stealing its schematics from Damage Control means space fukkery is right around the corner, right? :lupe:
As soon as I opened up this issue, I thought to myself, where the fukk is the new issue of Black Monday Murders? :pachaha:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That could work :ohhh:

But at the same time, The Maker stuff is so evident and Hickman is a known troll, so it might be too obvious if the reveal is about evil Reed....unless it's a never treated as big reveal and The Maker connection is explained quickly :patrice:
Well, to be fair Hickman has always loved the design of a character wearing some sort of helmet-tech that hides the eyes, so it could just be that. :russ:

FgbkeaJ.jpg

NQbXkQF.jpg

ZWcVJkn.jpg

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
That could work :ohhh:

But at the same time, The Maker stuff is so evident and Hickman is a known troll, so it might be too obvious if the reveal is about evil Reed....unless it's a never treated as big reveal and The Maker connection is explained quickly :patrice:

If Xavier has anything to do with the Maker, I'm dropping the book immediately. And I'm only half-kidding when I say that.

Then again, I find the X-Men as a superhero concept in an interconnected Marvel continuity more and more fundamentally stupid the older I get, so trying to integrate it with all of Hickman's high concept Avengers/FF shyt turns me off immediately (I'd have this problem with basically any non-X-Men concept at this point). The more disconnected the X-Men are from all that nonsense, the better.

just read the HoX #1,xavier giving me the creeps in that panel with Wolverine,Jean and the kids. also what was up with that opening scene with the x men coming out of the pods.

Just a cockamamie-ass hunch, but you may want to check out X-Man #-1 sometime. They seem to be organic versions of Nate Grey's gestation pod from the AoA universe.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If Xavier has anything to do with the Maker, I'm dropping the book immediately. And I'm only half-kidding when I say that.

Then again, I find the X-Men as a superhero concept in an interconnected Marvel continuity more and more fundamentally stupid the older I get, so trying to integrate it with all of Hickman's high concept Avengers/FF shyt turns me off immediately (I'd have this problem with basically any non-X-Men concept at this point). The more disconnected the X-Men are from all that nonsense, the better.

Breh I think there's like 1% chance you like this run :russ:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't know what to think about House of X #1. Overall, it's the same setup as Utopia (which was dope), even as far as living of Krakoa.

I don't like that Xavier is around as the leader of the X-Men. He no longer carries that respect around there as their leader. Scott is THE X-Man