Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Apex

Banned
Daps
what are the best comic series ongoing rn?

im only familiar with ms marvel

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
House of X has me intrigued. I'm almost 100% sure Xavier is gonna end up being evil as hell though.

Hickman has said otherwise, but it's hard to imagine this isn't some alternate reality story of some sort.

All (or many) of the best X-Men stories have been alternate reality stories of some sort with pieces eventually being merged into the main reality.

Either way I'm very intrigued by how this has started and can't wait to read PoX next week.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Hickman and his circles/languages.

"it's not a dream if its real."

:heh: it's amazing to me how well Hickman's writing conveys Magneto's utter contempt for humanity without Mags outright stating it or even doing anything evil. Like he could blow up and kill them at any given second.

DId Xavier grow spare X-Men? Heal them? what's going on there?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, I'm still :pachaha: at Hickman saying fukk it and just running with Xavier looking exactly like The Maker.

HoX #1 lived up to my expectations, I'm intrigued to where this is all going. I'm sure Hickman will wait two years till X-Men #25 or something to actually explain how the fukk Charles got this idea/powers/whatever to create Krakoa though :russ:

Loved Cyclops telling Reed his son is welcomed anytime he wants to go visit his real family in Krakoa :wow:

I downloaded the "Director's cut" and they have the script Hick's notes on a ton of panels and bunch of shyt redacted like it's a damn classified document :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can't wait to see where House of X goes

I don't remember there being a Strike or Armour :dahell:

Folk sure that ain't The Maker under that helmet and not X. Because that potential fantastic four fukkery :pachaha:
Armor's been around for a while but I had no clue who Strike was.

And the first time I saw that image of Chuck Xavier in the helmet I initially thought it was Ultimate Reed Richards and Hickman was going to make him the Big Bad of his X-Men run.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
House of X...whelmed me. It was about what I expected: an extremely fascinating idea (Krakoa and its politics, as well as another thing I'm sure others in the thread thought but I'll put in spoilers nonetheless) wrapped inside a comic that left me feeling cold towards the characters and mild annoyance toward Hickman's "look at how smart I am" flourishes (I don't need to know the minute details of how you're mining metals from Mercury or all these inserts that could easily go into a companion comic, I need to read a story I care about). I didn't hate it though, and I'll be following it in the hopes that it leads to something interesting.

Other details:

-I don't give a single shyt for the new Sentinels or the new Master Mold/Mothermold. Unless you're going to really reinvent the idea a la New X-Men's Wild Sentinels or Operation: Zero Tolerance's Prime Sentinels, leave all that in the past. Not going to count this detail out until I read Powers of X, though.

-The other really interesting idea (or potential idea, at least): Until I saw Scott interact with the Fantastic Four, I would have sworn up and down that this was the result of Nate Grey and Magneto's experiments with the Life Seed at the end of Age of X-Man. After that scene, I get the sense that, while this may be real, those two are exerting a lot of influence on the mutants's current status (and I wouldn't be shocked to see it resonate through Powers of X as well). If this is Hickman's card, I wouldn't really expect him to show it this early, but it could be a fascinating meditation on what a Mutant utopia would actually look like and how it would function (I'd expect Hickman to botch it). And if this is partially Magneto's creation, then there's a very fascinating parallel with New X-Men (among MANY in this issue): in New X-Men, Xorn was the most Xavier-esque version of Magneto possible, while here we seem to be getting the most Magneto-esque version of Xavier possible (power politics, explicit religious allusions, etc.). This is all stuff I'm quite interested in seeing play out, even if my cockamamie theory ends up being way off.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ok that Sabretooth capture feels like a trap. Cyclops is too devious to just show up and leave Creed like that for the fantastic 4. Plus a lot of signs they want Franklin and his powers to join them. He was the only one on their list of Omegas that they had aligned with humans.