Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Absolute Carnage :whoo:

On Absolute Carnage, Lowe said, "This is one of our biggest Spider-Man stories ever. This is huge. Issue #1 is 60 pages, it's so gigantic that we had to go big on this issue. There's so much red stuff. Is it blood? Is it symbiote good? Nobody knows."

Writer Donny Cates then joined the panel via FaceTime.

"You guys are so not ready for what's about to happen to you in Absolute Carnage," he said. "Cletus Kasady is back, he's got essentially the power of a god and he's gonna be hunting down anyone who's ever been a symbiote. This is an event that's gonna be affecting the entire Marvel Universe. It's pretty brutal."

How many books has Cates written for in the last 2 years :dwillhuh: does dude ever sleep? He's done some awesome stuff though,but at some point Marvel is gonna burn him out.

I thought Corsair was dead and didn't Havok sacrifice his life to save Cyclops in the last issue of Uncanny X-Men? :dwillhuh:

We gotta wait till Hickman's 12 issues of PoX and HoX finish to see what the fukk he does to explain this new status for mutants :manny:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Breh it seems like you are arguing with the clouds with this stuff, no one here has said it's impossible to not like Hickman. How long have you been keeping this stuff in your chest? :heh:

The guy I quoted seemed offended that I said Hickman wasn't good, so I responded. :manny:

Truth be told, I don't like a good portion of these new age Marvel writers. Most of their stories are the definition of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Sometimes they'll surprise me (sometimes they'll even be really good, like most of Immortal Hulk), but most of it just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

Only reason I'm talking about it now is because I'm doing my yearly X-Men check in and people are treating this guy like the second coming. So I said he wasn't, that's all. :yeshrug:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
FALLEN ANGELS #1
Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
On sale November 2019
NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!
Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.

image0-3.jpg

X-FORCE #1
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
On sale November 2019
THE COST OF THE FUTURE ISN’T CHEAP.
X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world—one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. We’re not there… yet.

image0-2.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The new X-titles leave me a little...underwhelmed.

Not to say they won't be interesting or good, but this doesn't seem all that different from 10000000000 other X-line relaunches. Reposition the mainline X-Men teams, throw out some interesting little morsels for people like me (Excalibur could be something if they handle it right, as could Fallen Angels), but nothing will actually be radically different from the post-90s status quo (STOP PUTTING THE CLASSIC NEW MUTANTS TOGETHER. Can they do nothing else with these characters? Also: Hard pass on the Black Ops X-Force rehash). What was so good about Morrison (and, to an extent, the Utopia era) was that we saw radical and interesting shifts in the mutant status quo. These new titles aren't really giving me that at all.

Like, I've said a lot about how I don't like Hickman's writing, but there ARE ideas there. They just don't happen to cohere into anything I want to read. Here it seems as if a good amount of his actually interesting ideas got filtered into House of X and Powers of X (which I will at least check out) and the actual X-titles contain the runoff. I'll give them a chance, because I wasn't expecting anything from Age of X-Man and ended up surprised at how good some of it was (until the plot kicked in...though I'm legitimately interested to see if anybody does anything with the end of Omega). Wouldn't be surprised if some of this worked for me as well.
I'm feeling the same way. None of these titles aside from Hickman's books are doing much to get me enthused.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
My questions with Hickman X-Men run:

*So every dead X-Man/woman or villain is being resurrected?

*Whats gonna happen to time displaced characters like Cable/Old Man Logan?

*Will Iceman still be gay?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
My questions with Hickman X-Men run:

*So every dead X-Man/woman or villain is being resurrected?

*Whats gonna happen to time displaced characters like Cable/Old Man Logan?

*Will Iceman still be gay?

Iceman is gonna be gay forever. No way could Marvel do that and not have a major controversy.