Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Huge spoiler for Batman Inc. #8

Damian dies!!!
In Grant Morrison's own words from an interview with the New York Post:
Robin the Boy Wonder, Batman’s aide-de-camp, will be killed battling a brutal enemy in a comic book published Wednesday.

The shocking demise of the Dark Knight’s sidekick will first appear in issue No. 8 of the offshoot title “Batman Incorporated,” but the aftermath of his death will ripple throughout the DC Comics universe, the publisher confirmed exclusively to The Post.

“He saves the world. He does his job as Robin,” writer Grant Morrison said. “He dies an absolute hero.”

Robin — a k a Damian Wayne, the 10-year-old son of Bruce Wayne — is slain fighting a hulking assassin who happens to be, in true comic-book form, a “brother” cloned from his genetic material.

And — SPOILER ALERT ! — unlike all the times he has swooped in at the last minute, Batman arrives too late to save his protégé.

A number of heroes have filled the role of Robin over the decades, including the first and best known, dikk Grayson, introduced in 1940.

The latest Robin, however, was the brilliant and caustic Damian, the illegitimate son of billionaire Bruce Wayne and Talia, the beautiful daughter of one of his deadliest enemies, Ra’s al Ghul.

Morrison, one of the industry’s top talents, brings an adult perspective to the grim tale.

Robin’s death, he said, will illustrate how parents lose sight of their kids when they fight.

“It’s all about the family and the family going to hell,” said Morrison, who threw in elements of his own parents’ divorce. “The two adults in the story are both culpable. The kid’s the good guy.”

Morrison, who brought Damian to the forefront in 2006, said he had created a full arc for the character, who grew from a violent, fledgling assassin to a selfless leader.

“What we did was turn this little monster into a superhero,” he said. “He’s a little brat, but he’s a super-brat.”

Damian isn’t the first Robin to die, but he’s the first to die at the height of his popularity with fans.

In 1988, a few years after Grayson moved on, the next Robin — the disliked, surly Jason Todd — was slain by the Joker after an infamous phone poll let fans choose whether the teen should be killed off.

Todd was resurrected in 2005.

So who knows if Damian will stay dead, or if a new Boy (or perhaps Girl) Wonder will take his place.

Noted Morrison: “You can never say never in a comic book . . . Batman will ultimately always have a partner.”
:why:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
George Romero is doing a book for Marvel!
cpbv3m5.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I should of never clicked this thread.......spoilers :snoop:
Morrison is spoiling it himself :dwillhuh: he's out there saying it . This sucks though I hope he's back shortly . I hated him at first but him and dikk together was jokes :bryan: his swagging on my boy Tim . I hope this isn't a window for the girl who helped him during the court of owls to become robin ( the one who was fukking with batmans power boxes)

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Morrison is spoiling it himself :dwillhuh: he's out there saying it . This sucks though I hope he's back shortly . I hated him at first but him and dikk together was jokes :bryan: his swagging on my boy Tim . I hope this isn't a window for the girl who helped him during the court of owls to become robin ( the one who was fukking with batmans power boxes)

Yea I just saw the cover on another website.....I thought it was something we weren't supposed to know yet....cant wait to read it though

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Catching up the last two issues of Superior Spider Man..in #3 , they had some slick little jab at Batman with Dr. Oct shytting on that Spider-Man signal like it's the dumbest idea in history for a superhero:laugh:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just read Superior # 4

Osborn back??? :krs:

And if y'all are talking about what I think you're talking about in Batman Inc. :to: