Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC is bringing back the BATMAN/SUPERMAN series this time written by Greg Pak and art by Jae Lee.
rbgXQ6a.jpg

Not that you've got to pick favorites, but if ever you were irked by DC granting top billing to the Man of Steel on the 2003-2011 Superman/Batman team-up series, you'll be pleased to learn that Greg Pak (The Incredible Hercules) and Jae Lee (The Dark Tower) are teaming for a brand new book dubbed Batman/Superman, this June. Unlike the previous adventure book, this new series will focus on the first meeting of DC's most-popular heroes (which apparently didn't happen in Justice League #1 now?), and their team-up against an as-yet revealed threat.

Read More: Greg Pak And Jae Lee To Team For 'Batman/Superman' In June - ComicsAlliance | Comic book culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

Curious to see how Pak tackles these two characters insce I was a big fan of his work on INcredible Hulk and Incredible Hercules. Not too sure about Jae Lee though...his style would work great on a solo Batman book but you can't go as dark in the art department with Superman.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC is bringing back the BATMAN/SUPERMAN series this time written by Greg Pak and art by Jae Lee.
rbgXQ6a.jpg

Curious to see how Pak tackles these two characters insce I was a big fan of his work on INcredible Hulk and Incredible Hercules. Not too sure about Jae Lee though...his style would work great on a solo Batman book but you can't go as dark in the art department with Superman.

If this book gets handled in the same way as other DC books (with artists essentially being co-writers) then my hopes for this are pretty low.

I agree with you about Lee not quite being the right fit for a book featuring Superman.

Greg Pak is a very underrated writer IMO. Only thing of his that I read and disliked was his X-Men work. That War Machine series he did a while back was the best thing to happen to the character in YEARS.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The thrust of it is about how Superman and Batman first met and how they built their camaraderie so that interests me and in Pak's hands I am confident it will be good. Hopefully I won't get too distracted by Lee's art.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thrust of it is about how Superman and Batman first met and how they built their camaraderie so that interests me and in Pak's hands I am confident it will be good. Hopefully I won't get too distracted by Lee's art.

Like I said, if it's JUST Pak writing it I'm sure it'll be good, but if if that same bullshyt they were doing with Static, Firestorm, Superman, and many other titles shyt is gonna be train wreck.

Just let good writers do their thing and shyt will work out fine.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're doing a lot of things with Katana- her own series and a place in the JLA Book.

Need to catch up on Daredevil.

Any thoughts on Nova # 1?

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
rbgXQ6a.jpg

This looks interesting. Is it the same continuity as the New 52 Batman and Superman? Because in Justice League #2 Superman attacked batman cause he didnt know who he was, so this book won't make any damn sense :beli:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Picked up G.I. Joe #1 this week; it's not a bad start. Joe's are now publicly known as an elite fighting force; so they have to engage in PR as well.

Duke with his team of Cover Girl, Shipwreck, Roadblock, Quick Kick, Doc (OG Doc's daughter), Tunnel Rat. They've added an army-brat play-by-play blogger, orders from up high, named Hashtag. But the book starts off with a mission, deep in the action. My only gripes are the team members, hopefully it expands, and lack of a real Cobra threat.

Oh Superior-Spidey is one of Marvel's BEST books right now. Doc Ock is on some other ish.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
[ame=http://youtu.be/lZwwhy7Lrvo]Batman Death of the Family Issues 1-21 REVIEW - YouTube[/ame]

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Did the secret history of the footclan drop this week or did it get pushed back? yall werent lying tho superior spiderman is the sh1t

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Did the secret history of the footclan drop this week or did it get pushed back? yall werent lying tho superior spiderman is the sh1t

issue #1 came out a month or so ago. I haven't heard anything about issue #2 though. I'm waiting..patiently