Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
ultron is such a lame fukking character..I dont know why they giving this fakkit android all this shine

what marvel should do is start rebuilding Dr Doom,Age of DOOM would be hell of lot better than age of ultron:ufdup:

there is a story where doom won already. What would be his motivation to take over the world now?

And Ultron is a great character. Dude is an evil Dr. Pym if you can imagine that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Check out these animated versions of a couple of the Batman: Death of the Family covers:

Gw2gPGZ.gif

swFq7Q5.gif

They are creepy as fukk.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
there is a story where doom won already. What would be his motivation to take over the world now?

And Ultron is a great character. Dude is an evil Dr. Pym if you can imagine that.

Ultron has had three great stories: Bride of Ultron, Ultron Unlimited and Annihilation: Conquest

I don't see Bendis being able to even come close to those stories based off of how shytty his work on The Avengers and on big crossover event stories has routinely been.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Ultron has had three great stories: Bride of Ultron, Ultron Unlimited and Annihilation: Conquest

I don't see Bendis being able to even come close to those stories based off of how shytty his work on The Avengers and on big crossover event stories has routinely been.

you a bendis hater? When he was on Avengers it rose to being in the top 10 of comic book sales.

You mad what he did to the mutants during House of M?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
that's what I mean, though. Starlin had been writing Thanos on autopilot since IG. He was really writing Adam Warlock as a character with Thanos as a foil.

Giffen wrote Thanos with a developed personality as opposed to Starlin writing the Marvel Universe and how it reacted to Thanos' presence.

The last time Starlin showed any kind of personality in Thanos besides Extreme Logic/Anger/Mistress Death pining was when Warlock sonned him in Infinity Gauntlet #5 .

Well, after IG he mellowed him down to an anti-heroish character, which was fine with me. I liked The End and Infinity Abyss. :manny:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
you a bendis hater? When he was on Avengers it rose to being in the top 10 of comic book sales.

Not a Bendis hater at all. His indie stuff (Torso, Jinx), I still enjoy Powers and Ultimate Spider-Man, and All New X-Men has been shockingly good.
But he sucked dikk on all of the Avengers books he wrote and House of M, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and Siege were all steaming piles of shyt.
He just had a terrible grasp on the Avengers as characters and he is totally incapable of writing a satisfying event story.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Not a Bendis hater at all. His indie stuff (Torso, Jinx), I still enjoy Powers and Ultimate Spider-Man, and All New X-Men has been shockingly good.
But he sucked dikk on all of the Avengers books he wrote and House of M, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and Siege were all steaming piles of shyt.
He just had a terrible grasp on the Avengers as characters and he is totally incapable of writing a satisfying event story.

fair enough everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The dialog in that book is still REALLY suspect at times.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Him having modern Cyclops sound like some bootleg ass Magneto.

"These are exciting times for our people"

"Don't worry my brother and sister of the atom"

also he makes Emma and Magik sound like vapid bimbos half the time. It's the same bullshyt he does with most female characters.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Him having modern Cyclops sound like some bootleg ass Magneto.

"These are exciting times for our people"

"Don't worry my brother and sister of the atom"

also he makes Emma and Magik sound like vapid bimbos half the time. It's the same bullshyt he does with most female characters.
:ehh:

I'ma gonna re-read em. There were a couple of times I was like :scusthov: at the dialogue but it's been pretty decent overall IMO

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Was this in tha 90's?

I had stopped comics around that point. Lotta bullshyt.

Susan Storm became a backtalkin' smut, Onslaught, Scott Lobdell pussifying

tha X-Men, Iron Man was a teenager, Wasp got mutated into an actual

wasp.

Yeah it was in the 90s but I think before all of the stuff you mentioned...Loki gathered some of the top villains and had them plan attacks on the heroes where they would trade off each other's enemies (Doom took on the X-Men while Magneto went after the Avengers type of stuff). It had some good and some bad but I considered it a success just for the Magneto vs Red SKull stuff:
scans_daily | Magneto vs. the Red Skull

AOV was 1989.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
ultron is such a lame fukking character..I dont know why they giving this fakkit android all this shine

what marvel should do is start rebuilding Dr Doom,Age of DOOM would be hell of lot better than age of ultron:ufdup:

:beli: I should neg you for this. Ultron is the gawd. Unlimited intelligence, a complete sociopath, and can't be destroyed. Dude took over the entire Kree empire because he was bored.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Im a Bendis hater. fukk that nikka, his shytty decompression writing style that only works on street level characters and his penchant for throwing established character history AND storyline continuity out the window.

fukk a record sell. :aicmon:

with that said, Ultimate Spidey and Powers are great.