Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Finally read Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt

QONVIyz.gif

Grant Morrison being Grant fukking Morrison.

No matter what I may say about this "Event" or how it ends, this issue made it worth it. :mjcry:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Haven’t read that, hmmmm do you read postal? If so do you like it? Seems like you have a unique preference.

Nah, but I'm always looking for new stuff to read.

edit:

The townsfolk of Eden, Wyoming wake up to the first official murder the town has seen in 25 years. Their reaction to this isn’t normal, and there’s a reason for that. Eden operates as a haven for fugitive criminals who remain here while new identities, often including facial reconstruction, are created for them. There is zero tolerance for any illegal activity that might draw attention to the town and an “official murder” is the last thing they want. A single, tight-knit family runs Eden with the youngest oddball son Mark Shiffron overseeing the postal branch, the only means of shipping in or out of the city. THE FBI has repeatedly been foiled trying to insert an undercover here; they see Mark as the weak link to exploit. This murder gives them a new opportunity.

:ohhh: I'm about to start reading this RIGHT NOW.

With that said, based on this description, you should try "Scalped", if you haven't @Cacdestroyer

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Nah, but I'm always looking for new stuff to read.

edit:

:ohhh: I'm about to start reading this RIGHT NOW.

With that said, based on this description, you should try "Scalped", if you haven't @Cacdestroyer

Yeah postal is freaking amazing, the character development is of the charts. I have read scalped, for some reason it got me depressed as hell.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been reading some old X-Men, this shyt is so sappy but it's soooo good. Storms transformation after becoming the leader has been so engaging.

Cyclops washed the Xmen by himself :mjlol:
Classic stuff. I plan on re-reading Claremont's original run in its entirety someday. I had it all in those old B&W Marvel Essentials collections, but have been slowly buying the volumes digitally when sales come up so I can read them all again in color.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Finally reading the Inhuman Royals book and they bit so hard off of Brandon Graham's "Prophet" shyt is just :scust:

Like its good but watered down and disrespectful when you know who they cribbed it from