Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I love it, personally. Love the writing, love the art (lot of pop culture music icons as "Gods" in there), love the story.

But Uber is really kinda..... not the same kind of vibe?

Gillen at his best runs in two totally different writing modes:

1. This super. violently romantic epic "Gotterdammerung/Twilight of the Gods" type stuff (Uber, Beta Ray Bill: GodHunter, Original Sin, Origin, Darth Vader)

2. This "too cool for the room rebel youth indie record everyone's gay" kind of writing. (Young Avengers, Phonogram, The Wicked + The Divine, Journey into Mystery, Doctor Aphra)

You'd honestly think it was two totally different writers. I couldn't even recommend anything in group 2 based on liking anything in group 1.

with that said, both groups are great. Gillen+McKelvie are one of my favorite modern writer/artist duos.
I fukking hate Gillen cause he's like a pop writer. but his run on Vader is awesome. @Cacdestroyer read vader.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
o0t07hs.jpg

:mjlol:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is anyone reading Thor?

I was sceptical about the whole lady Thor thing, but this shyt has been really good, especially this Mangog storyline.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I just finished Spidey 797. Damn Osborn be on that ish. I'm really gonna miss Slott. I know I'm one of the few.