Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Infinity AKA GOTG was meh. Glad I decided not to buy it.

Looks like Groot learned some new words. :heh:

And looks like I was right about Big G being in it. Wonder what they have planned for him. :jbhmm:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Now I see why Cyclops and Wolverine was fighting over Jean:shaq:
tumblr_oljlqbXAx21rvya9ro1_1280.png

17192458_10101227280831882_2383574900104372176_o.jpg

Nightwing wasn't ready for those "no pull-out" consequences....

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm surprised no one is talking about the fukkery King is pulling in Batman. Poison Ivy had a mind controlled Superman kill Batman with a single punch and brought him back to life within two frames of a page.:russ:

I honestly didn't know what to say.

Especially being it was all part of Batman's plan to get punched to death and brought back :patrice::why:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Anyone read the wicked and the divine? It’s been recommended to me and seeing as it’s from the writer of Uber(which I loved) I was thinking of trying it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Anyone read the wicked and the divine? It’s been recommended to me and seeing as it’s from the writer of Uber(which I loved) I was thinking of trying it.

I love it, personally. Love the writing, love the art (lot of pop culture music icons as "Gods" in there), love the story.

But Uber is really kinda..... not the same kind of vibe?

Gillen at his best runs in two totally different writing modes:

1. This super. violently romantic epic "Gotterdammerung/Twilight of the Gods" type stuff (Uber, Beta Ray Bill: GodHunter, Original Sin, Origin, Darth Vader)

2. This "too cool for the room rebel youth indie record everyone's gay" kind of writing. (Young Avengers, Phonogram, The Wicked + The Divine, Journey into Mystery, Doctor Aphra)

You'd honestly think it was two totally different writers. I couldn't even recommend anything in group 2 based on liking anything in group 1.

with that said, both groups are great. Gillen+McKelvie are one of my favorite modern writer/artist duos.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I love it, personally. Love the writing, love the art (lot of pop culture music icons as "Gods" in there), love the story.

But Uber is really kinda..... not the same kind of vibe?

Gillen at his best runs in two totally different writing modes:

1. This super. violently romantic epic "Gotterdammerung/Twilight of the Gods" type stuff (Uber, Beta Ray Bill: GodHunter, Original Sin, Origin, Darth Vader)

2. This "too cool for the room rebel youth indie record everyone's gay" kind of writing. (Young Avengers, Phonogram, The Wicked + The Divine, Journey into Mystery, Doctor Aphra)

You'd honestly think it was two totally different writers. I couldn't even recommend anything in group 2 based on liking anything in group 1.

with that said, both groups are great. Gillen+McKelvie are one of my favorite modern writer/artist duos.

:salute:Thanks breh I will give it a go, I love uber but am down for reading things in other genres. Love east of west, Kill or be killed, god is dead etc....