Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Not sure what to make of Infinity's writer. From what I read, if Starlin isn't doing Thanos in a mini-series it can be hit or miss (Good: Thanos Imperative and Annihilation/ Bad: Celestial Quest and his parts in Ka-Zar). I'ma check it out no matter what, though.

How many issues for Infinity?

Giffen on Thanos>>>>>Starlin.

And while I try to have complete and utter faith in Hickman as a writer, I think he has way too much on his plate right now.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I still remember the summer of 96 Wizard issues..Mark Waid and everyone wanted Onslaught to be the Galactus of X-Men foils. He was supposed to be a SUPER threat that it would take a miracle to stop...if that. There was really no logical or legitimate way to beat him.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Giffen on Thanos>>>>>Starlin.

:childplease: :comeon:

1340255138572.gif

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Onslaught had some GREAT quotables in X-Men #53 to Jean Grey...the reveal of Xavier wanting to fukk her:pachaha: broke her soul and the legendary "I'm a god and to those who do not worship me? I am an ANGRY GOD. Know My Name" burned on her head while she was in shock at the end was legendary:ohhh:

That look on Jean's face was PRICELESS.

She was like "But but but, my mentor would NEVER do that!"

And Onslaught was like ":umad: Nope! I'm a scumbag, now lemme see dem titties :steviej: "

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Homie, I admit Starlin made Thanos what he was and was THE DEFINITIVE Thanos writer (warlock/quest/gauntlet/war/crusade) but by the time Thanos' solo series came around, Starlin had gotten stale with the character.

Compare Starlin's first 6 issues of the Thanos series with Giffen's take from 7 on and it shows.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Homie, I admit Starlin made Thanos what he was and was THE DEFINITIVE Thanos writer (warlock/quest/gauntlet/war/crusade) but by the time Thanos' solo series came around, Starlin had gotten stale with the character.

Compare Starlin's first 6 issues of the Thanos series with Giffen's take from 7 on and it shows.

His 12 issue solo run? I thought Starlin's was better. It wasn't great, but the better of the 2 arcs. I thought the second half of the series was decent and only served to build towards Annihilation.

EDIT: If you wanna talk about character development, Giffin's was the better of the two. Story wise I give it to the first half.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is Thanos: Rising supposed to replace the axed Thanos: Son of Titan jawn from last summer?

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
ultron is such a lame fukking character..I dont know why they giving this fakkit android all this shine

what marvel should do is start rebuilding Dr Doom,Age of DOOM would be hell of lot better than age of ultron:ufdup:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
His 12 issue solo run? I thought Starlin's was better. It wasn't great, but the better of the 2 arcs. I thought the second half of the series was decent and only served to build towards Annihilation.

EDIT: If you wanna talk about character development, Giffin's was the better of the two. Story wise I give it to the first half.

that's what I mean, though. Starlin had been writing Thanos on autopilot since IG. He was really writing Adam Warlock as a character with Thanos as a foil.

Giffen wrote Thanos with a developed personality as opposed to Starlin writing the Marvel Universe and how it reacted to Thanos' presence.

The last time Starlin showed any kind of personality in Thanos besides Extreme Logic/Anger/Mistress Death pining was when Warlock sonned him in Infinity Gauntlet #5 .

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Apparently Ultron wins

It's 10 issues and it's regular continuity. Haflway through the series madd people will be murked.

And apparently there's not gonna be any happy happy joy joy retcon at the end

you mean just like civil war, secret invasion, seige etc.....

it will be no one we care about.