Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Onslaught was dope, I don't know why people were hatin on that

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Was this in tha 90's?

I had stopped comics around that point. Lotta bullshyt.

Susan Storm became a backtalkin' smut, Onslaught, Scott Lobdell pussifying

tha X-Men, Iron Man was a teenager, Wasp got mutated into an actual

wasp.

Yeah it was in the 90s but I think before all of the stuff you mentioned...Loki gathered some of the top villains and had them plan attacks on the heroes where they would trade off each other's enemies (Doom took on the X-Men while Magneto went after the Avengers type of stuff). It had some good and some bad but I considered it a success just for the Magneto vs Red SKull stuff:
scans_daily | Magneto vs. the Red Skull

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Onslaught was dope, I don't know why people were hatin on that

Onslaught had some GREAT quotables in X-Men #53 to Jean Grey...the reveal of Xavier wanting to fukk her:pachaha: broke her soul and the legendary "I'm a god and to those who do not worship me? I am an ANGRY GOD. Know My Name" burned on her head while she was in shock at the end was legendary:ohhh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How exactly does ultron beat Thor? Hulk ? Scarlet witch ? I never really liked ultron so :yeshrug: his powers are just so random he can do anything if its tech based apparently .

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I read a theory on another comic board that this is actually Alfred and he has been going insane from something one of Batman's enemies (the Court of Owls maybe) did to him which explains why the Joker knows so much about the personal lives of the entire Bat-Family.
I don't think this is what's going on but if it was I wouldn't be mad at it.

if that ends being true...dc>>>>>marvel til the end of time

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I won't even lie...when I saw how they got Logan the shyt made me shudder

It was really one of the most disturbing plots I ever read in comics.

I really felt it when he put his head on the train tracks. Like...what the fukk else can you really do at that moment. He was broken as fukk. Like a teacup or a plate or some shyt. Just broken.

fukk why did you bring this up...I hated those pages...they really hurt :to:

That shyt was :mindblown: :wow: :to:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Not sure what to make of Infinity's writer. From what I read, if Starlin isn't doing Thanos in a mini-series it can be hit or miss (Good: Thanos Imperative and Annihilation/ Bad: Celestial Quest and his parts in Ka-Zar). I'ma check it out no matter what, though.

How many issues for Infinity?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Onslaught had some GREAT quotables in X-Men #53 to Jean Grey...the reveal of Xavier wanting to fukk her:pachaha: broke her soul and the legendary "I'm a god and to those who do not worship me? I am an ANGRY GOD. Know My Name" burned on her head while she was in shock at the end was legendary:ohhh:

breh, the fact they they showed Xavier sitting his crippled ass in the chair and thinking about fukking a 14 year old Jean had me like :skip:

And yeah, I think Onslaught as a concept was BRILLIANT and made PERFECT SENSE.

Too bad it was too huge and collapsed on itself. They coulda had Onslaught be the archnemisis that Apocalypse bum ass never could be.