Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Black Panther bout to be the gift and the curse for black folks.
:mjcry:

That and Twitter apparently. He's 100% right about DC and Marvel paying way too much attention to twitter and making everything binary. But at the same time, we're a very binary society now. shyt we can't even discuss stuff on here without it being one or the other. This or that. Nuance is irrelevant. If you've seen The Thing, that's what the world is becoming. Either that or one big YouTube comment section

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That and Twitter apparently. He's 100% right about DC and Marvel paying way too much attention to twitter and making everything binary. But at the same time, we're a very binary society now. shyt we can't even discuss stuff on here without it being one or the other. This or that. Nuance is irrelevant. If you've seen The Thing, that's what the world is becoming. Either that or one big YouTube comment section
yeah. definitely.
shyt is just weird. its like, this is what we evolved into?
:sadbagmj:

this country is too predictable tho.
cause i can see it now...

once they start churning out one too many black superhero flix and shows, THATS when superhero fatigue gonna finally kick in!
:deadmanny:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
i posted this a few pages back.
i was like, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
:damn:

lol
Venom aint the only one out here dismembering folks
28168051_10101586790167292_6731838019982853240_n.jpg

teacher

All Star
Daps
Christopher priest had some interesting stuff to say recently. I think this is a good read for anyone here who reads comics, wants to write comics, or loves comic movies

Coates wouldn’t take offense to being offered to write other black characters :mjpls:

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Christopher priest had some interesting stuff to say recently. I think this is a good read for anyone here who reads comics, wants to write comics, or loves comic movies

I completely understand where he's coming from and that has to be both annoying and insulting but I do want him to do for Cy what did for BP. DC damn sure isn't gonna get him there themselves.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn, he even brought up trash-ass ross from his BP run:picard:, but yeah a lot of this is on (white folks) management not knowing dipset what to do with the characters they do have, let alone bring new, diverse characters into there comic universe.

He is right about the twitterverse though, most folks on there are going to bytch regardless and probably don't care. :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn, he even brought up trash-ass ross from his BP run:picard:, but yeah a lot of this is on (white folks) management not knowing dipset what to do with the characters they do have, let alone bring new, diverse characters into there comic universe.

He is right about the twitterverse though, most folks on there are going to bytch regardless and probably don't care. :mjlol:
Of course they don’t care lol and they aren’t buying shyt. Or they’ll buy just to bytch and complain. It’s crazy to think jim Lee is the only minority in a managerial position. That’s it. One guy. And yeah he’s great but seriously?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The part where he mentions that the Twitter fingers are the ones that aren't even buying the comics is spot on.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course they don’t care lol and they aren’t buying shyt. Or they’ll buy just to bytch and complain. It’s crazy to think jim Lee is the only minority in a managerial position. That’s it. One guy. And yeah he’s great but seriously?

Yup in 2018 all there is is Jim Lee? Crazy.:francis:

But honestly I don't bytch too much about it, especially since I learned DC/Marvel don't really pay their artists anyway. I much rather go on kickstarter or here and show support for some new interesting black artists/comics if I can find them.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yup in 2018 all there is is Jim Lee? Crazy.:francis:

But honestly I don't bytch too much about it, especially since I learned DC/Marvel don't really pay their artists anyway. I much rather go on kickstarter or here and show support for some new interesting black artists/comics if I can find them.

Unless you got a name in the game you’re getting paid shyt
Dewayne McDuffie showed he was more than just a "black" writer. It should be the writer's choice.
Yup. One reason I’d love for Ava or any black director or writer to do a Spider-Man movie about peter Parker. Just because I don’t want it to be “oh you’re black therefore you must direct this movie about a black character”

And that only happens in comics and comic movies. John landis directed coming to America