Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Alright so I’m getting back into comic books. The last comics I remember buying was XMen Alpha/Omega. I think I was around 19(34 now :old:)

I’ve tried reading from time to time on here to get back in, and the last I remember was Cyclops became some killer rebel or something :laugh:

Anyway, today I went to a comic book store and bought ‘All New Inhumans #1 n #2. I saw there’s an ‘IvX’ series. Is that worth checking out (starting at ‘Death of X’?)

I mainly read X-Men, Spider-Man, and dabbled in Spawn and Violator comics.

Any help towards some good story arcs (XMen/SpiderMan.....or anything else) to jump in on would be greatly appreciated :salute:

Edit: I saw X-men red blue green yellow gold sliver brown...etc ( exaggerating lol)

Should I pick those books up?

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
yeah. definitely.
shyt is just weird. its like, this is what we evolved into?
:sadbagmj:

this country is too predictable tho.
cause i can see it now...

once they start churning out one too many black superhero flix and shows, THATS when superhero fatigue gonna finally kick in!
:deadmanny:

Crazy how Priest, Coogler, and Hudlin can drop some of the best material in the comic book world, and the Superhero bubble burst simply cause people found out they black.

Its like when the likes of Black Lightning, Black Panther, and Luke Cage get great material and representation on screen, all of a sudden the mainstream is tired of superheroes.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Alright so I’m getting back into comic books. The last comics I remember buying was XMen Alpha/Omega. I think I was around 19(34 now :old:)

I’ve tried reading from time to time on here to get back in, and the last I remember was Cyclops became some killer rebel or something :laugh:

Anyway, today I went to a comic book store and bought ‘All New Inhumans #1 n #2. I saw there’s an ‘IvX’ series. Is that worth checking out (starting at ‘Death of X’?)

Any help towards some good story arcs (XMen/SpiderMan.....or anything else) to jump in on would be greatly appreciated :salute:

Edit: I saw X-men red blue green yellow gold sliver brown...etc ( exaggerating lol)

Read Uncanny X-Force. Remender and Yost runs.

Those are the only X runs I've read that dropped within 15 years.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
so i guess Hulk is gonna be the one to fukk shyt up in Avengers No Surrender when its all said and done.
7 issues in... its aight! i guess. alotta action panels tho, so i dig that.
i like it when all these heroes get together and the writers dont try and make shyt too complicated.
this is like some superheroes/villains American Gladiators shyt.

Daredevil is always so consistent with the dope shyt tho!
that Muse villain is a really cool character imo.
Kingpin just be sonnin Matt Murdock just cause.
:mjlol:

N9Yssu1.jpg

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn
Pick up the superior Spider man run by Dan slott. Doc ock takes over Spider man body and is a better Spider man then Peter.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

First off..u need the Comixology app...I wouldn't dare waste gas going to a shop. If I need a physical copy, I would just go to an online store.

X men Blue goes a different direction soon but I suggest you get the Bunn Magneto series and Bunn Uncanny run if you want appealing reading from that side of things.

Jean Grey is back in X men Red...after being gone since 2004.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Damn
Pick up the superior Spider man run by Dan slott. Doc ock takes over Spider man body and is a better Spider man then Peter.

That book only works because the whole world manages to be retarded while ock is running around. And he isn't a better spider man than peter

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That book only works because the whole world manages to be retarded while ock is running around. And he isn't a better spider man than peter
Explain your thought process?
And in my opinion he was.
Peter is a genius and he rarely uses that to his advantage in life.
He'll he could be a boxer or mma fighter on the side because of his spider sense but he is forever struggling.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Explain your thought process?
And in my opinion he was.
Peter is a genius and he rarely uses that to his advantage in life.
He'll he could be a boxer or mma fighter on the side because of his spider sense but he is forever struggling.

People that he has worked with for years, big time heroes wrote off spock acting like a supervillain as spider man being a jackass. The only ones that knew he was wrong off right were wolverine, Cyclops and Norman. Everyone else wrote him off as just being a dikk despite him building an army knowing that he'd rather work alone. As for him being a hero, like ben and voltaire have been saying for decades, with great power comes great responsibility. Using his powers for something as menial as boxing or mma(which is way, way, way below his wheelhouse) is the very definition of abusing his powers. Having a tech company doesn't make him a great hero either or stark would be considered a great hero as well, and we all know that isn't true. And there's the fact that spock is not only a hypocrite, but a damn coward. He sees a threat and challenge in front of him in the form of the goblin, and as his shyt falls apart, he runs and the goblin calls him out for being a bytch.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Coates is staying on, Acuna is in the art. INTERGALACTIC WAKANDA

:francis:

Avengers relaunch in May

Jason Aaron n Ed McGuiness

Avengers-1-May-2018-300x446.jpg

They say it’s gonna be like Aaron’s previous stuff like time jumping, going to the future n past eras of characters.

:patrice:

Aaron has contributed to one of the best BP depictions (See Wakanda and Die) and one of the worst BP-depictions (AvX stuff) of the last 10 years.

This is the first mainstream avengers since Hickman started his run. So i wonder if Aaron actually has a plan laid out like Hickman did or if it'll be like what's-his-face who (Mark Waid?) did ANAD Avengers which had all that time jumping stuff too, but was really just... meh

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People that he has worked with for years, big time heroes wrote off spock acting like a supervillain as spider man being a jackass. The only ones that knew he was wrong off right were wolverine, Cyclops and Norman. Everyone else wrote him off as just being a dikk despite him building an army knowing that he'd rather work alone. As for him being a hero, like ben and voltaire have been saying for decades, with great power comes great responsibility. Using his powers for something as menial as boxing or mma(which is way, way, way below his wheelhouse) is the very definition of abusing his powers. Having a tech company doesn't make him a great hero either or stark would be considered a great hero as well, and we all know that isn't true. And there's the fact that spock is not only a hypocrite, but a damn coward. He sees a threat and challenge in front of him in the form of the goblin, and as his shyt falls apart, he runs and the goblin calls him out for being a bytch.
To be fair he wears a mask and does not interact with other heroes like that. And in Peters private life he is seen as a dikk because he is a flake because of his other life. And it is not abusing if he only does it so he can find his lifestyle which is helping people. He can do something else. Spiderman has been stagnant as far as character development for years. And decisions that look like they are moving him forward then marvel sets him back to square one. With superior spider man you got a totally different spider man which was refreshing. I have read every amazing spider man up to that point and it was getting repetitive.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
To be fair he wears a mask and does not interact with other heroes like that. And in Peters private life he is seen as a dikk because he is a flake because of his other life. And it is not abusing if he only does it so he can find his lifestyle which is helping people. He can do something else. Spiderman has been stagnant as far as character development for years. And decisions that look like they are moving him forward then marvel sets him back to square one. With superior spider man you got a totally different spider man which was refreshing. I have read every amazing spider man up to that point and it was getting repetitive.

People don't know that Pete and spider man are one in the same anymore, and as much as Pete gets on Peoples nerves, people that he considers friends and allies should be able to notice something is deeply wrong with spock. If you all off a sudden started speaking with a French accent and started started doing fukked up things, would your friends and family just write you off as acting like a jackass? And Pete doing combat sports is indeed abusing his powers unless he's fighting against other supers. He's got the strength of multiple tons behind his punches, ridiculous flexibility and dexterity, and spider sense. Assuming he doesn't register off the charts when testing, he's fukking the game up for the men that have been training for so long get to that point. I will admit that Pete has stagnated, but that's on marvel being afraid to remove him from the status quo. Pete should have at least 2 children already but quesadilla couldnt handle that. Instead a weak body swap was seen as a passable idea. Although they fumbled the living fukk out of it, captain hydra was a much better executed version of this.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't know that Pete and spider man are one in the same anymore, and as much as Pete gets on Peoples nerves, people that he considers friends and allies should be able to notice something is deeply wrong with spock. If you all off a sudden started speaking with a French accent and started started doing fukked up things, would your friends and family just write you off as acting like a jackass? And Pete doing combat sports is indeed abusing his powers unless he's fighting against other supers. He's got the strength of multiple tons behind his punches, ridiculous flexibility and dexterity, and spider sense. Assuming he doesn't register off the charts when testing, he's fukking the game up for the men that have been training for so long get to that point. I will admit that Pete has stagnated, but that's on marvel being afraid to remove him from the status quo. Pete should have at least 2 children already but quesadilla couldnt handle that. Instead a weak body swap was seen as a passable idea. Although they fumbled the living fukk out of it, captain hydra was a much better executed version of this.
Yeah the combat sports thing would be a bad idea because of his blood. And I got to disagree after brand new day I was done with spiderman and superior brought me back and Dan slott did a great job with what he was given. You are right he should either have some kids or something else.