Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Alright so I’m getting back into comic books. The last comics I remember buying was XMen Alpha/Omega. I think I was around 19(34 now :old:)

I’ve tried reading from time to time on here to get back in, and the last I remember was Cyclops became some killer rebel or something :laugh:

Anyway, today I went to a comic book store and bought ‘All New Inhumans #1 n #2. I saw there’s an ‘IvX’ series. Is that worth checking out (starting at ‘Death of X’?)

I mainly read X-Men, Spider-Man, and dabbled in Spawn and Violator comics.

Any help towards some good story arcs (XMen/SpiderMan.....or anything else) to jump in on would be greatly appreciated :salute:

Edit: I saw X-men red blue green yellow gold sliver brown...etc ( exaggerating lol)

Should I pick those books up?
I was kind of in a similar position a few years ago. Stopped reading on a regular basis around 2001/2002 and started again somewhat in 2007 but didn't get back full time into comics until 2012. A lot of X-Men stuff hasn't been that great IMO. A lot of people praise Grant Morrison's run in the early 2000's but I didn't like it.

Uncanny X-Force is pretty good(haven't read a lot of it but from what I've it's good). Most of the stuff released now is geared towards becoming a tradepaperback/graphic novel. Every five issues or so is geared towards some storyline.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was kind of in a similar position a few years ago. Stopped reading on a regular basis around 2001/2002 and started again somewhat in 2007 but didn't get back full time into comics until 2012. A lot of X-Men stuff hasn't been that great IMO. A lot of people praise Grant Morrison's run in the early 2000's but I didn't like it.

Uncanny X-Force is pretty good(haven't read a lot of it but from what I've it's good). Most of the stuff released now is geared towards becoming a tradepaperback/graphic novel. Every five issues or so is geared towards some storyline.
IMO, X-Men been kind of aimless since Claremont left. I wonder how he would've wrapped up everything if he was given full control of the mutant books.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Morrison wrote Red Son.
000.gif

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
how far does that kingpin of new york storyline go? What issue does it start at?

I bought all hickman's avengers and new avengers, including event books, and all snyder's batman, from court of owls all the way to issue i think it was 50.

I think once deadly class and east of west conclude i'm done. I wanted to keep buying the turtles run, it's so fukkin beautiful, but that shyt is never ending :mjlol: SLOW DOWN IDW!!!:damn:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
how far does that kingpin of new york storyline go? What issue does it start at?

I bought all hickman's avengers and new avengers, including event books, and all snyder's batman, from court of owls all the way to issue i think it was 50.

I think once deadly class and east of west conclude i'm done. I wanted to keep buying the turtles run, it's so fukkin beautiful, but that shyt is never ending :mjlol: SLOW DOWN IDW!!!:damn:
"Mayor Fisk" story officially starts in Daredevil #595 i think.
right before that was a 5 part series called KingPin "Running With the Devil"