Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Reeds stretch abilities give him shape shifting powers. Hes able to stretch his brain to make himself smarter.

Sue could be a damn assassin If she wanted to. Make invisible pockets in people and expand them like balloons, or suffocate people, or just hit people with a force balloon that's like being hot by a speeding car.

Johnny is a slacker, but when he's on, he's dangerous. Able to hit supernova levels with his heat, and is even able to do shyt with sues invisible power that she didn't know of when they switched powers and he became galactus' Herald.

Ben is a bruiser. Who's outer skin is stone. That's it

Good response. :ohhh:

Wait, but at lat least Ben knows his role. He chills with the fam or his boys, top goon when needed, and voice of logic. But all of the hell Spidey, Johnny & Bobby catch for being slackers (ironic that they're all close friends), Sue by far has wasted her potential. Who even are Sue's friends? Doom, Namor, T'Challa & Storm - 3/4 have tried to smash. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Reed, Ben, Johnny, Sue
That's my order exactly. Sue will always have the problem that she is the mother of the team and hasn't got much else going, hence why her most famous moments are her flirting with Namor or Panther.

Ben and Johnny have a great dynamic but they too are often bit players to whatever Reed is doing. Reed has carried the team on his back and his rivalry with Doom is GOAT status.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Comixology doesn't take pre-paid gift cards? :gucci: Who the hell do they think they are? :martin:

Had a Visa gift card I was trying to use. Ended up using it to buy myself an Amazon gift card thinking that would be a workaround (since my accounts are linked up and I use Amazon Pay at Comixology.com) but my debit card still got charged for what I just bought. Oh well. :manny:

Anyway, here's the list of what I got:

- Vigilante By Marv Wolfman, Vol. 1
- Night Force: The Complete Collection
- Last Days of the Justice Society of America
- Wonder Woman and Justice League America, Vol. 2
- JSA By Geoff Johns, Book 1 (They're FINALLY putting the JSA collections out on digital. This one just dropped the other week. :banderas: I had the entire JSA run but lost a lot of the trades thanks to a flooded basement).
- JLA, Vol. 1
- Infinity Inc.: The Generations Saga
- Batman: Year Two - The 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 1
- Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 2 - Knightquest
- Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 3 - Knightsend

I already have the Knightfall trilogy in trade paperback but each digital volume is twice the size of my print editions from the year 2000. Digital collections include more tie-in issues, including the "Prodigal" storyline where dikk Grayson first becomes Batman.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Good response. :ohhh:

Wait, but at lat least Ben knows his role. He chills with the fam or his boys, top goon when needed, and voice of logic. But all of the hell Spidey, Johnny & Bobby catch for being slackers (ironic that they're all close friends), Sue by far has wasted her potential. Who even are Sue's friends? Doom, Namor, T'Challa & Storm - 3/4 have tried to smash. :russ:

ben is the sane one of the group. and the good uncle(doom is the angry uncle, and i guess johnny is the fun one) its just that power wise hes stale

as for sues friends, theres also she hulk and wanda, and i assume some sort of relation to hulk, wolverine and danny ketch

and namor isnt sues friend. that dude is a simp. she goes to cry on his shoulder when sue and reed have an argument or whatever, but it doesnt go farther than that. that bum thinks he has a chance too, which is why he throws it in reeds face

prrnM1C.jpg

if reed was vindictive, he would have fukked namor 7 ways from sunday by now.

but he doesnt need to, because he lays the cosmic pipe and keeps sue satisfied

aarnfMz.jpg

shes not leaving the goods for a fish

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
ben is the sane one of the group. and the good uncle(doom is the angry uncle, and i guess johnny is the fun one) its just that power wise hes stale

as for sues friends, theres also she hulk and wanda, and i assume some sort of relation to hulk, wolverine and danny ketch

and namor isnt sues friend. that dude is a simp. she goes to cry on his shoulder when sue and reed have an argument or whatever, but it doesnt go farther than that. that bum thinks he has a chance too, which is why he throws it in reeds face

prrnM1C.jpg

if reed was vindictive, he would have fukked namor 7 ways from sunday by now.

but he doesnt need to, because he lays the cosmic pipe and keeps sue satisfied

aarnfMz.jpg

shes not leaving the goods for a fish

Hey, she keeps King Fish on the hook. As far as he's concerned, he still has that shot.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
My fiancee bought me Watchmen for Christmas and :wow: so far. This book has something to say in every panel. What is the coli's feeling on the book? And i am currently reading Doomsday Clock #2 and whewwww

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Spoilers for Phoenix Resurrection Jean Grey next week..huge returns...
Spoilers: Phoenix Resurrection Return Jean Grey #1

:francis:

I'm honestly not a fan like that.

Im more a fan of their history/legacy.

Im kind of a fan of Ben's, but only when he's a foil for somebody else. Which is why Marvel Two-In-One works.

IMO they're too.... archtypical, I guess you can say. It doesn't leave much wiggle room for flourishing personality. You have to craft great imaginative stories around them.

Take Reed, for instance. He's smart. That's.... about it.

Take Reed's closest counterpart in DC, Will Magnus. He's smart and can be kinda bland, but he's batshyt insane and will slip into Mad Scientist mode without his meds.

I feel the same way about Sue. She was created in a time where women didn't get a lotta shine. You ever hear the theory how their powers are reflections of their personality? Sue felt unnoticed and invisible in a blatantly sexist society, so she gained the power of invisibility. They branched out her powers, but... yeah.

I kinda feel like you HAVE to keep them knee deep in Doctor Who levels of fukkery, cause it's the situations that are ultera-interesting, not the characters.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Comixology doesn't take pre-paid gift cards? :gucci: Who the hell do they think they are? :martin:

Had a Visa gift card I was trying to use. Ended up using it to buy myself an Amazon gift card thinking that would be a workaround (since my accounts are linked up and I use Amazon Pay at Comixology.com) but my debit card still got charged for what I just bought. Oh well. :manny:

Anyway, here's the list of what I got:

- Vigilante By Marv Wolfman, Vol. 1
- Night Force: The Complete Collection
- Last Days of the Justice Society of America
- Wonder Woman and Justice League America, Vol. 2
- JSA By Geoff Johns, Book 1 (They're FINALLY putting the JSA collections out on digital. This one just dropped the other week. :banderas: I had the entire JSA run but lost a lot of the trades thanks to a flooded basement).
- JLA, Vol. 1
- Infinity Inc.: The Generations Saga
- Batman: Year Two - The 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 1
- Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 2 - Knightquest
- Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 3 - Knightsend

I already have the Knightfall trilogy in trade paperback but each digital volume is twice the size of my print editions from the year 2000. Digital collections include more tie-in issues, including the "Prodigal" storyline where dikk Grayson first becomes Batman.

That Last Days of the Justice Society used to give me nightmares as a kid. Reading revelations as a kid had me horrified of all religion end of the world scenarioes. :heh:

Let me know what youthink of that Vigilante.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Liking Doomsday Clock so far. I'm not as attached to Watchmen as other people and so far it's seems like a cool "else world" story :obama:

It's still very early though, wouldn't be the first time a comic starts :lupe: and then goes to shyt.

Last edited:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
While we’re talking Fantastic Four, they are the ONLY Marvel characters not in “Marvel Contest Of Champions”