Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Never been a cyborg and never WILL BE a Cyborg fan. He’s completely and utterly irredeemable

This

The fact in the technological age we live in and they can't properly write a superhero android is disgusting.

He still whining about his daddy :dame: every reboot

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
cyborg.jpg

Cyborg Has Been Royally Messed Up, But DC Comics Can Still Save Him

@Ziggiy @Birnin Zana @Diasporan Royalty @Mic-Nificent

Cyborg only got pushed like that because they didn't want the movie GL to be John :yeshrug:

Cyborg should have stayed just a teen titan. Dude is lame with a lame character design.

fetch just ain't gonna happen

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Never been a cyborg and never WILL BE a Cyborg fan. He’s completely and utterly irredeemable

I think you can do it but make it would require them to make him into a "Blue Marvel" type super genius and put him against some terrifying sci-fi monsters.

Also I would explore his humanity...... like is he a swamp thing/red tornado type being who is clinging to their humanity because they are use to it....... could he exist without his body? Could he maybe have/operate robotic clones..... they just got to evolve the character but I don't think they want to do that.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Reading this part...

Is the reason why Marvel even with their many, many, many flaws will always have superior Black characters compared to DC.
Would you say DC does (or has done) a better job with female characters while Marvel does (or has done) a better job with black characters?

I think i remember yall talking about the former a couple pages back.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Would you say DC does (or has done) a better job with female characters while Marvel does (or has done) a better job with black characters?

I think i remember yall talking about the former a couple pages back.

Yes. I was the main one saying Marvels female characters are trash while DC has GOAT female heros.

DC is amazing with female heros but trash when it comes to Black characters.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yes. I was the main one saying Marvels female characters are trash while DC has GOAT female heros.

DC is amazing with female heros but trash when it comes to Black characters.
I'd be inclined to agree. Marvel has come a long way with their black characters the last few years, whereas DC is still on that bullshyt tryna skate by with half-ass effort. We'll see what they do with this Terrifics book, but i ain't forget how dirty they did Michael at the start of the new 52, and how he's only just now getting another chance.

With the females, it does feel that DC has a knack for more independent feeling characters that are entertaining all on their own, and don't feel as dependent on their male couterparts. Whereas with like Sue Storm, the only entertainment her character seems to bring is speculation over whether Namor, Doom, or T'Challa have or could have hit that. The x-females, for as much as they are glorified to shame Captain Marvel (who is kinda trash), they don't really have as much nuance to them either as they should. Jean Grey for example, take away the getting possessed by the phoenix force ad nauseam (and screaming scott dramatically) or the "will she wouldn't she cheat on Scott with Wolverine" angle, and it's not much else the general observer has been given to find her that entertaining on her own. Maybe way back in the day that was different, idk.

Jessica Jones, all she's been the last 10-12 years is a nagging stay-at-home'ish wife attached to Luke Cage at the hip b/c Bendis didn't want her to fade into obscurity once he finished Alias. Not gonna say there aren't good Marvel females, i haven't taken the time to think through all of them, but off top those are some of the issues that come to me right away. Don't even get me started on Storm or the neglect of Monica Rambeau. lol

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Gonna cop it.

So is Voodoo and Wanda together now? Because I want Voodoo to leech off Wanda's popularity like Safari did Nicki to became more big in Marvel.:blessed:

while im not against this, wanda needs a writer that wont relapse to the bendis "she'll go crazy at the drop of a hat" initiative thats been brought back. last thing i want is voodoo to end up her fukked up ex like wonder man and vision

Cyborg only got pushed like that because they didn't want the movie GL to be John :yeshrug:

Cyborg should have stayed just a teen titan. Dude is lame with a lame character design.

fetch just ain't gonna happen

im still on the fukk cyborg train after the titans east special. i threw that shyt in the trash as soon as i finished it

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I'd be inclined to agree. Marvel has come a long way with their black characters the last few years, whereas DC is still on that bullshyt tryna skate by with half-ass effort. We'll see what they do with this Terrifics book, but i ain't forget how dirty they did Michael at the start of the new 52, and how he's only just now getting another chance.
Like I said Marvel is NOT perfect just look at AvX(dont even get me started), the way they did Goliath(never cared for him as a character but still...) and this white savior diversity push. HOWEVER, Marvel DOES NOT have their Black characters sitting at the freaking back of the damn bus like DC does. And you can tell DC does this...

DC Black characters are tokens, hand me downs, bland, swagless, lame powers, artificial and politically weak in their universe.

There is a reason why Black comic book readers like Black Panther, Blade, Storm and Luke Cage for example. Why? The characters are NOT only organic but they have a dominating presence(not just confidence). When T'Challa, Blade or Luke enter a room you know shyt might get real. On top of that they have SWAGGER which Black DC characters DO NOT have(not even the milestone ones outside of Static). Not only that Black Marvel character's powers and stories are original.

Seriously who does DC has that can rival Black Panther alone?

With the females, it does feel that DC has a knack for more independent feeling characters that are entertaining all on their own, and don't feel as dependent on their male couterparts. Whereas with like Sue Storm, the only entertainment her character seems to bring is speculation over whether Namor, Doom, or T'Challa have or could have hit that. The x-females, for as much as they are glorified to shame Captain Marvel (who is kinda trash), they don't really have as much nuance to them either as they should. Jean Grey for example, take away the getting possessed by the phoenix force ad nauseam (and screaming scott dramatically) or the "will she wouldn't she cheat on Scott with Wolverine" angle, and it's not much else the general observer has been given to find her that entertaining on her own. Maybe way back in the day that was different, idk.

Jessica Jones, all she's been the last 10-12 years is a nagging stay-at-home'ish wife attached to Luke Cage at the hip b/c Bendis didn't want her to fade into obscurity once he finished Alias. Not gonna say there aren't good Marvel females, i haven't taken the time to think through all of them, but off top those are some of the issues that come to me right away. Don't even get me started on Storm or the neglect of Monica Rambeau. lol

Like I said before Marvel females are the career minded feminist thats a try hard but wonders why no man wants to fukk with her. Carol Danvers alone represents that.

Meanwhile DC females are the sexy chick everyone not only wants to fukk with but she's chill as fukk. You can have lots of fun together yet she is open minded.

Marvel is trying to push Carol Danvers as their "Wonder Woman" yet their doing it wrong... Carol Danvers looks like a butch looking feminist chick that no man wants to fukk with. Hell she even acts like it. Marvel thinks thats what everyone especially females want.

Meanwhile Wonder Woman looks sexy. Basically like the popular girl everyone likes.

But putting wack ass Jessica Jones with Luke Cage was one of the worst decisions in comics. Just Bendis forcing his characters on everyone.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
while im not against this, wanda needs a writer that wont relapse to the bendis "she'll go crazy at the drop of a hat" initiative thats been brought back. last thing i want is voodoo to end up her fukked up ex like wonder man and vision
Bendis did that to my favorite character the Sentry. Luckily Cates is fixing his shyt.

I read the reason she's not with WM or Vision is because she "needs an organic mate" according to her fans to have children. Again what her fans said.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Bendis did that to my favorite character the Sentry. Luckily Cates is fixing his shyt.

I read the reason she's not with WM or Vision is because she "needs an organic mate" according to her fans to have children. Again what her fans said.

im so glad bendis is gone from marvel. i know hes gonna be at dc making tim gay or making a young black superman who shyts new powers but is dull as a old ass knife, but marvel can recover from his bullshyt.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
im so glad bendis is gone from marvel. i know hes gonna be at dc making tim gay or making a young black superman who shyts new powers but is dull as a old ass knife, but marvel can recover from his bullshyt.
He's gonna make Nightwing gay and race change some character. But I bet $100 that he WILL make Nightwing gay. Watch.

Also I feel bad for Darkseid if he ever gets his hands on the character.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There is a reason why Black comic book readers like Black Panther, Blade, Storm and Luke Cage for example. Why? The characters are NOT only organic but they have a dominating presence(not just confidence). When T'Challa, Blade or Luke enter a room you know shyt might get real. On top of that they have SWAGGER which Black DC characters DO NOT have(not even the milestone ones outside of Static).

This is a great point.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Like I said Marvel is NOT perfect just look at AvX(dont even get me started), the way they did Goliath(never cared for him as a character but still...) and this white savior diversity push. HOWEVER, Marvel DOES NOT have their Black characters sitting at the freaking back of the damn bus like DC does. And you can tell DC does this...

DC Black characters are tokens, hand me downs, bland, swagless, lame powers, artificial and politically weak in their universe.

There is a reason why Black comic book readers like Black Panther, Blade, Storm and Luke Cage for example. Why? The characters are NOT only organic but they have a dominating presence(not just confidence). When T'Challa, Blade or Luke enter a room you know shyt might get real. On top of that they have SWAGGER which Black DC characters DO NOT have(not even the milestone ones outside of Static). Not only that Black Marvel character's powers and stories are original.

Seriously who does DC has that can rival Black Panther alone?

Yeah Marvel has always given their black characters waaaaaaaaaayyyyy more shine than DC has.

I kinda feel in the casual (and even non-casua) comic reader's mind, they want Marvel to create black characters and instantly make them as popular as Spiderman and Wolverine. But since this can't be done at the snap of one's fingers, they dismiss the level of presence the other characters have.

DC, on the other hand. has never knew what the fukk they were doing when it comes to.... "minorities".

Like I said before Marvel females are the career minded feminist thats a try hard but wonders why no man wants to fukk with her. Carol Danvers alone represents that.

Meanwhile DC females are the sexy chick everyone not only wants to fukk with but she's chill as fukk. You can have lots of fun together yet she is open minded.

Marvel is trying to push Carol Danvers as their "Wonder Woman" yet their doing it wrong... Carol Danvers looks like a butch looking feminist chick that no man wants to fukk with. Hell she even acts like it. Marvel thinks thats what everyone especially females want.

Meanwhile Wonder Woman looks sexy. Basically like the popular girl everyone likes.

But putting wack ass Jessica Jones with Luke Cage was one of the worst decisions in comics. Just Bendis forcing his characters on everyone.

:mjlol: cause Marvel A-List writers over the last 20 years have been writing women from the viewpoint of angry, jilted non p*ssy getting nerds.