Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
muthafukka gettin his swirl on.
that was a dope issue of Uncanny Avengers.
hes also in Falcon helping Sam and Patriot put foot to Black Hearts ass.

Well damn...:ohhh:

White readers aint gonna like that.:russ:

Reason why I said that because some writers use to make Voodoo job.

Anyways what issue #?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Well damn...:ohhh:

White readers aint gonna like that.:russ:

Reason why I said that because some writers use to make Voodoo job.

Anyways what issue #?
issue #30
Rouge did some real shyt in there too.
i dont know if you wanna get spoiled or not. but it was pretty cool.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
issue #30
Rouge did some real shyt in there too.
i dont know if you wanna get spoiled or not. but it was pretty cool.

Gonna cop it.

So is Voodoo and Wanda together now? Because I want Voodoo to leech off Wanda's popularity like Safari did Nicki to became more big in Marvel.:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
cyborg.jpg

Cyborg Has Been Royally Messed Up, But DC Comics Can Still Save Him

@Ziggiy @Birnin Zana @Diasporan Royalty @Mic-Nificent

Never been a cyborg and never WILL BE a Cyborg fan. He’s completely and utterly irredeemable

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There is a bunch of free comic sites now. It used to be one a a year or two ago and now there is a crap ton. But :gucci: why are you posting this on a public forum? You're going to get the shyt shut down by snitches and shyt cmon man act like you been here before.

I was about to say :russ:

That site ain't nothing most ppl don't already know about. We been up on game about it. No it's not legal, and we don't post about it b/c we ain't tryna get it shut down :dame:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Reading this part...
In 2015, Cyborg finally received his first ongoing solo series. Unfortunately, DC Comics had no idea how to handle its most prominent black character, thus, he failed to capture an audience. Writer David F. Walker, a black man who has become noted for writing black characters in The Supernals, Shaft, Nighthawk and Occupy Avengers, came aboard to write the title, but was met with resistance from the beginning.

As Walker himself discussed in an interview with CBR back in April 2017, DC didn’t exactly know what they were doing with the character. He left the title just nine issues in, due in part to DC editorial’s inability to acknowledge who Cyborg really is: A black man.

According to Walker, he told DC. “it’s not the story about, ‘Is he more man or is he more machine?’” Walker felt distinctly that, “He is more man,” and, “If he was 99% machine, he’s still gonna be more man.” Rather than allowing a Cyborg comic to focus on Vic Stone as a man, and as a black man, DC preferred to go with the man vs. machine storyline that seems to control every aspect of Cyborg’s existence.

We get it, he’s half-human and half-machine, so his search for humanity is always going to play some part. But as Walker puts it, “Black characters meant more to me than they probably should have, because there were so few of them.” DC went out of its way to add a black man to Justice League (a title written by a white man). But when it was time to actually discuss that blackness, editorial bristled at the idea. It seemed like Walker had an actual vision for the character, but DC was unable to see or understand it.

When John Semper, Jr. launched the Rebirth Cyborg title, he spoke about much of the same dilemmas as Walker, involving Vic’s story of being “a black man in Detroit.” It felt like maybe DC had learned its lesson, seen Walker head off to Marvel and create several well-regarded titles, and now the publisher wanted to make right.

Is the reason why Marvel even with their many, many, many flaws will always have superior Black characters compared to DC.