Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dark knigths metal looks like absolute shyt thank God I never picked it up.

On a side note I know a lot of people watch comics explained on here but after watching his Thanos videos I had to unsubscribe breh adds his own opinions into the story as if it's fact. Sometimes what I read has no similarity to the story he's describing because he includes his own little spin on things.

Yup, i was telling people that before. If there's something that can't be easily found on Wikipedia or in a trade he'll just fill in the blanks with his own ideas. He'll also leave out information for certain stories.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Ultimate universe was the most weirdest shyt Marvel did... You had Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver doing fukking incest.:scust:
quicksilver-and-scarlet-witch_s-incestuous-relationship-photo-u1

ultimateincest5.jpg

ultimateincest6.jpg

Thank god the universe is dead.
I love Wasp being like "You just don't get it with your old school brain."

Like incest suddenly became cool and perfectly normal between the time Cap was frozen and modern day.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
RCO008_w.jpg

:stopitslime: now explain to me how
HE TOOK THAT GLOVE OFF A SUPERMAN. THE SUPERMAN HAD THE GLOVE ON THE WHOLE TIME. NOW THEYRE SCARED OF THE GLOVE HE ALREADY HAD ON!?:gucci:
I just read this shyt. :mjlol:

So you telling me that tiny little glove was enough to hold off all those dark multiverse Supermen? And they none of Superman evil dream versions ever got himself an immunity to kryptonite. Like, one of them was based on Luthor. That would have been the first thing he'd solve.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I just read this shyt. :mjlol:

So you telling me that tiny little glove was enough to hold off all those dark multiverse Supermen? And they none of Superman evil dream versions ever got himself an immunity to kryptonite. Like, one of them was based on Luthor. That would have been the first thing he'd solve.

one of them coulda just heat visioned his arm off. :mjlol:

And then that shyt with Mr. Terrific and Starro.

Even the editor was like ":patrice: uhh.... guys? when did this happen!?"

Writers: :manny:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I love Wasp being like "You just don't get it with your old school brain."

Like incest suddenly became cool and perfectly normal between the time Cap was frozen and modern day.

U can’t lump in Jeph Loeb bullshyt with Millar n Bendis Ultimate work.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Definitely get the Tom King run on batman breh. War of Jokes and Riddles, and now Rules of Engagement. Didn't even know Tom lives in DC :wow: if I ever run into him, I'm pitching :russ:

I like how he writes Batman. Batman is basically an obsessive, daredevil borderline psychotic. King brings all of that out. ESPECIALLY in that Bane storyline. Dude literally put Robin/Nightwing/Red Hood in comas n handed them over to Superman so he could go after Bane. Superman personally offered to take care of Bane n Batman said “Nah I got it breh.” KNOWING Bane would run thru his allies and all of Gotham to get him.

:russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like how he writes Batman. Batman is basically an obsessive, daredevil borderline psychotic. King brings all of that out. ESPECIALLY in that Bane storyline. Dude literally put Robin/Nightwing/Red Hood in comas n handed them over to Superman so he could go after Bane. Superman personally offered to take care of Bane n Batman said “Nah I got it breh.” KNOWING Bane would run thru his allies and all of Gotham to get him.

:russ:

I love it man. He also writes batman as extremely stubborn and brings all of that out. The two issues with superman and Lois are just so damn on point and show a fundamental understanding of both of those characters and what makes them tick and why they're best friends.

Selina pointing out Clark is his best friend only for him to say "....Gordon is my best friend!" and then she's like :usure: then he's like:lupe: "Alfred. Alfred is my best friend!" :russ:

And I love the way he writes Selina and Lois as well. Actually all of the women. He gives them something to do and real personality and never once makes them damsels in distress. Which can be quite distressful.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Definitely get the Tom King run on batman breh. War of Jokes and Riddles, and now Rules of Engagement. Didn't even know Tom lives in DC :wow: if I ever run into him, I'm pitching :russ:
His early shyt in Batman Rebirth is
Meh. I stopped, but the consensus is War Riddles is where he started to show the good.