Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
He handled it like a jerk . Cap isn't the only superhero in the world and he barely interacts with mutant issues . He decided to takr lead on something he knew nothing about and to go to the mutants like give us hope !!! He overstepped his bounds

the phoenix coming to earth isnt just a mutant issue. its an earth one. and if other x-men werent willing to check scott on his blind plan to ressurect mutants, then maybe cap should have been the one. this isnt a localized event like civil war or disassembled where either side could stay out because it wasnt their problem. what was scott gonna say when his plan failed and hope destroyed the world? that it was a mutant issue and he had it handled? i admit that cap came off strong, but his intervening gave hope time she wouldnt have had otherwise

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
the phoenix coming to earth isnt just a mutant issue. its an earth one. and if other x-men werent willing to check scott on his blind plan to ressurect mutants, then maybe cap should have been the one. this isnt a localized event like civil war or disassembled where either side could stay out because it wasnt their problem. what was scott gonna say when his plan failed and hope destroyed the world? that it was a mutant issue and he had it handled? i admit that cap came off strong, but his intervening gave hope time she wouldnt have had otherwise

But it was damn near every other time. The only reason Cap even cared was because Nova saw it first. Cyke called him out on that too on some "where were you every other time. We'll deal with it as we've always havee. AvX was actually great characterization of both sides...well until the end. You're making me wanna re-read.

Is Blue good? I am beyond annoyed with the O5 presence but if it's good....bout to read Weapon X now.

BTW The Crew was good BUT that definitely shouldn't be Storm

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Honestly? fukk Captain America. :camby:

Dude has turned a blind eye to mutant brothers and sisters dying for the longest time. :mjcry:

He only ever gives a fukk when Magneto is popping off on humans. :stopitslime:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Just read X-men blue...It was fun, but meh. I just wish the O.G X-men would go back to where they belong.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
But it was damn near every other time. The only reason Cap even cared was because Nova saw it first. Cyke called him out on that too on some "where were you every other time. We'll deal with it as we've always havee. AvX was actually great characterization of both sides...well until the end. You're making me wanna re-read.

Is Blue good? I am beyond annoyed with the O5 presence but if it's good....bout to read Weapon X now.

BTW The Crew was good BUT that definitely shouldn't be Storm

the world was smaller by this point. the mutant population was dwindling and the hero world was still fukked up by civil war and all the following events. like i said, normally both teams stayed out of each others business, but that couldnt(and shouldnt) be done anymore.
Honestly? fukk Captain America. :camby:

Dude has turned a blind eye to mutant brothers and sisters dying for the longest time. :mjcry:

He only ever gives a fukk when Magneto is popping off on humans. :stopitslime:

mutants arent in a better boat on this one either. you would think they would have a task force for dealing with purifiers by now. but i guess with morlocks dying in the sewers, out of sight, out of mind?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the world was smaller by this point. the mutant population was dwindling and the hero world was still fukked up by civil war and all the following events. like i said, normally both teams stayed out of each others business, but that couldnt(and shouldnt) be done anymore.

mutants arent in a better boat on this one either. you would think they would have a task force for dealing with purifiers by now. but i guess with morlocks dying in the sewers, out of sight, out of mind?

See but thats the hypocrisy cyclops keep talking about like mutants arent humans and they dont deserve help because when has any non mutant hero came to the aid of mutants??? :manny:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I've finally dropped Black Panther. Tried to give it a chance but it's just not good.

Both Batman and Detective Comics continue to be good reads.

Am I the only one currently enjoying Aquaman? Shyt has been mad consistent.
Aquaman has been dope. DC has really stepped up it up since Rebirth.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
See but thats the hypocrisy cyclops keep talking about like mutants arent humans and they dont deserve help because when has any non mutant hero came to the aid of mutants??? :manny:

its a two way street. its not like mutants are jumping to the human cause either. they typically only get involved in mutant related issues as well

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

You're right. But also look at the hypocrisy of Cap during Children's Crusade. Once again it turns into Us vs Them....basically same ish. But that is also the reason for the Unity Squad, but Cap disbanded them. :lolbron: And even in during IvX, no one came to aid them, knowing their plight. Maybe Storm and Kitty will be more involved with human issues, and you can say that during the Phoenix 5, they were solving the world's problems and still shytted on by everyone else.

I like it that Cyke is about his people first, and some other X-Men are about the global scale first (Beast), whatever Havok does, Rogue with one foot in, one out, Cable, ...ummm who else is there, Storm but she's never really cared unless she was with BP or chillin with FF.