Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

teacher

All Star
Daps
X-men looking like they finally righting the ship.

Except for the time displaced Original Five, I hate them nikkaz.

Dancing Shadowcat shyt aside
This may be the start of some real dope X-Men shyt! :ehh:

Jubilee :wow:

:gladbron:

I went all in with this x-men prime sh!t...haven't read the issue yet but glad it seems to be at least decent...we doing this in memory of Xavier :banderas:

edit: just read not sure how I feel about kitty pryde being the leader though, I'ma Jim Lee, Claremont X-men fan though :francis:

Last edited:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Logan really made me realize how much I miss the X-Men.

The real X-Men.

I'm just not much of an Avengers fan. Only two characters I'm remotely interested on that team are T'Challa and Wanda. I shouldn't say remotely interested because those two characters are some of my favorites in the whole MCU: Black Panther is Black Panther, but I thought Wanda would have been an ideal X-Men.

Hopefully this X-Men Prime stuff (haven't read it yet) is the start of undoing what mainstream fame did to them. Granted I thought they did great with Professor X and Wolverine.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:gladbron:

I went all in with this x-men prime sh!t...haven't read the issue yet but glad it seems to be at least decent...we doing this in memory of Xavier :banderas:

edit: just read not sure how I feel about kitty pryde being the leader though, I'ma Jim Lee, Claremont X-men fan though :francis:

Havent read it yet, but as long as they don't have her acting like she was in bendis' X-Men... I wanted her back in the bullet a few times during that shyt

Has anyone figured out Cap is a villain yet? Like Sam?

Bucky knows now. But kobik straight up told him

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I'm behind on Deathstroke just read issue #13

:russ::russ::russ:

Damn man. Slade running the pipe in his son soon to be wife. :dwillhuh:Meanwhile his same son post traumatic from hurting Isherwood (father figure / secret lover):hhh: Priest selling the hell out this dysfunctional family storyline:pachaha:

Now this nikka Deathstroke blind wit a trained killa seeing eye dog.

:dead:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just finished reading Civil War II
giphy.gif

Are DC and Marvel this bad across the board now? :picard: I been reading independents for a min.
DC has been good since rebirth. The only stuff i'm reading regularly from Marvel right now are the Captain America books.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Damn brehs Ta'Nahesi dropped the ball on BP his first year in. I was expecting some :ohhh:with the brother background and got straight CB4'd

4E26B-.gif

:francis::francis: Read the last issue like :shaq2: don't know if I can do this again might have to toss it brehs

Meanwhile I be waiting on the new issue of Sam Wilson like :wtf:
I was so excited for Black Panther but it's been trash. I stopped reading at about issue #6. Sam Wilson has been dope though!

SireSiah#KWU

Mark 2:16-17
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Now this nikka Deathstroke blind wit a trained killa seeing eye dog.

:dead:

Exactly breh I was :deadmanny: when I read issue #15.

How about Dr. Villain hitting Tanya with the:mjpls: "How old are you again?"

:mjpls: "Sixteen"

:russ::russ:

I was so excited for Black Panther but it's been trash. I stopped reading at about issue #6. Sam Wilson has been dope though!

Yep. It's been some high points but a overall failure. The whole Shuri after life experience had me like :mindblown: the hell you keep dragging this irrelevant storyline out for

:shaq2: This taking away from the story.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ultimates 2 has picked up,
Since no one bought or read Prowler :mjcry:
X-Men Prime was cool. THAT'S how Storm should be portrayed though. That's her viewpoint, fight today but also think about tomorrow.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
But he did come back :skip:

The did the Sentry so dirty.... damn Bendis was trash with that..

Technically he DID, but he's been in limbo for a long ass time since 2013. Thats as bad as him being dead. Its like when Monica was in limbo.

And yes they did him very dirty and not just Bendis but Marvel in general. Their excuse being "he's too much like Superman" but yet they bring trash ass Hyperion who is a REAL homage to Superman(on purpose) to the mainstream.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Technically he DID, but he's been in limbo for a long ass time since 2013. Thats as bad as him being dead. Its like when Monica was in limbo.

And yes they did him very dirty and not just Bendis but Marvel in general. Their excuse being "he's too much like Superman" but yet they bring trash ass Hyperion who is a REAL homage to Superman(on purpose) to the mainstream.

I think I've said this before.. but he would have been better off as a indie/image comic.

The backstory he has is really neat...