Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I truly dont even understand what happened to Young Avengers
Its like the shyt was dope and outa nowhere just became trash smh

Sabotage, with a kamikaze ending of Children's Crusade...like 3 years too late. I had dropped it for a while, then picked it back up for Children's Crusade and went :comeon::scusthov::what:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Lowkey, as much as I clown her and don't give a crap about her, even I acknowledge that Marvel sabotaged Carol Danver's "big push" on some troll shyt
  • The lady who was writing the solo prior to ANAD insinuated that she didn't have much say so in the direction of the book, this was during an interview heading into Secret Wars II
  • So whether you blame her or editorial it was straight up stupid to pair her up with Rhodey 3 years ago and then immediately ditch him and everything earth-related to do some stupid space side-quest shyt with Futurama aliens no one cares about. Its like they told her to just fukk off for a year, in isolation.
  • Putting her on Alpha Flight when nobody gives a shyt about Alpha Flight, again cutting her off from the MU
  • Civil War II is self-explanatory; that was the most backhanded "big event push" you could give a character
  • And then they keep relaunching her solo with the same shytty artists that draws her like a man
Basically you can't do all this and then act like it's because she has boobs ("diversity") that nobody wants to hop on her bandwagon. Lady Thor got boobs but bc she is Jason Aaron's pet character, they handle her with far more care and nuance, and she's thriving.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
dont read the new Steve Rogers joint before reading Uncanny Avengers
mBWxSff.jpg

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

How about all of those $3.99 books?

People will trade wait and won't even be able to buy certain books because they are $3.99. Add to the fact bi-weekly titles at that price, nope.

I don't mind $3.99 if I'm getting a quality book, but that's only at DC.

On another note, gonna go pick up X-Men Gold to see if it's worth the price tag.