Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Contiki
Is a good company to do tours with, they only allow the 18-35 crowd, so you are not with a bunch of old people..

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
When I left my desk job a few years ago with the focus on doing what I love; a big part of that was living the width of my life, not just the length. It's one thing to travel, but it's another to experience the world. Take in its beauty, enjoy what we have here on earth. Cause life is short fam.
I've lost a few people close to me recently and it's added another gear to my desires. When distant associates ask what I'm living for, I tell them 'That last breath, that last thought.' In the final seconds of my life I don't want to wish I did more. I want to be complacent.
That said...
A lot of the places I'm looking to travel in the next year aren't major cities. But rural destinations that are both scenic and adventurous.
(Was thinking about going here this past weekend: Sitka, Alaska

Sitka2010overview.jpg

I've noticed a trend however, a lot of bodies of water, lakes and oceans. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to learn how to kayak.

main_canoeing_kayaking.jpg

Croatia-Sea-kayaking-6-XL.jpg

DSCN05623.jpg

kayaking.jpeg

I grew up swimming but I've lost most my skills. I respect water cause I've been around a lot of folks who've drowned. So I'm going to build up my swimming strength over the next few months as well as do rowing work in the gym for strength. Then I'm taking a lesson out on the bay at Jack London Square.
bay-area-insider-waterways-california-canoe-kayak-open-coast-class-0612-m.jpg

The first major place I wanna go is Lake Louisse in Alberta, Canada

zA8Af0J.jpg

I know, you don't really see nikkas doing this. Don't care. It's both tranquil and an amazing experience with the sights. Gotta cop a GoPro tho.
I want to take sailing lessons and go to places like that. In due time. I need to work on swimming again too. I only know how to swim underwater, not above. :mjlol:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
anyone been to barbados or aruba? i'm thinking about going away for the weekend in the coming months. does it get cold there during the winters here?

you doing construction?

I've been to barbados, it has some really nice beaches. I went during out summer, I think it was a cold front but it was still warm enough to get in the water.

Anybody going to the Olympics next year? I'm thinking about partaking but debating it in my mind.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:flabbynsick: Man I'm 38.

Besides, I think I'd rather travel solo. I'm an early riser and I don't like waiting for people.

Edit: The have no trips to Africa. :mjpls:

True, yea they are a European company..

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
I know this is sorta common sense but for all of you younger guys, you'll always be able to find a shorty or someone who is down to go to a tropical island or some party destination. If you're looking to take trips to destinations off the beaten path and/or to partake in some once in a lifetime shenanigans, I suggest you get that out of your system before you get seriously involved with someone. I'll even go out on a ledge and say do it by yourself. I know a couple cats who settled down and never got a chance to explore the world. Not that I've done a lot but in my travels I have a few stories to tell :youngsabo: and when I tell these cats they looking at me with the :whoo::salute:

There are a few places on my bucket list that I'm pretty sure if I was involved with someone she'd be like "why you wanna go there :rudy:" and try to shut it down quickfast.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
I know this is sorta common sense but for all of you younger guys, you'll always be able to find a shorty or someone who is down to go to a tropical island or some party destination. If you're looking to take trips to destinations off the beaten path and/or to partake in some once in a lifetime shenanigans, I suggest you get that out of your system before you get seriously involved with someone. I'll even go out on a ledge and say do it by yourself. I know a couple cats who settled down and never got a chance to explore the world. Not that I've done a lot but in my travels I have a few stories to tell :youngsabo: and when I tell these cats they looking at me with the :whoo::salute:

There are a few places on my bucket list that I'm pretty sure if I was involved with someone she'd be like "why you wanna go there :rudy:" and try to shut it down quickfast.

The flip side to this is....unless you met your shorty in college and you think she is the one....you probably shouldn't let somebody who is temporary in your life dictate how you spend it.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@sfgiants
@Malta

sweet rebel bar is a reggae joint on Carrer Ample

the W hotel might be fun for a few hours at night

George Payne famous pub Plaça d'Urquinaona, 5

theres a bunch of huge food markets that serve hot and cold food along with groceries, there's one on the bottom of the ramblas

Park Guell

I walked up tibidabo one day from downtown great views and theres a great cathedral

I like to just walk around the city a lot of great architecture and parks to take in.

I mostly stay in Barri Gotic

It's a really nice city but be very wary of your surroundings there's a lot of petty crime and muggings.

don't carry your passport on you unless you're going to the airport don't leave your wallet unattended anywhere like if you go swimming in the ocean make sure someone watches your stuff or leave the wallet at home haha Barcelona is a famous for it

have fun

:salute:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@sfgiants
@Malta

sweet rebel bar is a reggae joint on Carrer Ample

the W hotel might be fun for a few hours at night

George Payne famous pub Plaça d'Urquinaona, 5

theres a bunch of huge food markets that serve hot and cold food along with groceries, there's one on the bottom of the ramblas

Park Guell

I walked up tibidabo one day from downtown great views and theres a great cathedral

I like to just walk around the city a lot of great architecture and parks to take in.

I mostly stay in Barri Gotic

It's a really nice city but be very wary of your surroundings there's a lot of petty crime and muggings.

don't carry your passport on you unless you're going to the airport don't leave your wallet unattended anywhere like if you go swimming in the ocean make sure someone watches your stuff or leave the wallet at home haha Barcelona is a famous for it

have fun

:salute:

:salute: thanks

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Someone who's been to Barcelona let me know of any spots to hit up.. I got 3 days there next month
:blessed:

MACBA. Dunno if you're into art but this is a dope contemporary art museum. Might catch a couple cute hipster chicks in there
Jamboree. Smashed a British pawg outta that joint :steviej:

Vila de Gracia. Area in the northern part of the city, slightly different vibe from the rest of Barcelona as it used to be a separate town/village. Chill vibe.

Marula Cafe. It's kinda hidden but if you can find it they place dope house music there. More of a local crowd from what I could tell:ehh:

Ask a taxi driver to take you to a puti club :skip: