Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
When I left my desk job a few years ago with the focus on doing what I love; a big part of that was living the width of my life, not just the length. It's one thing to travel, but it's another to experience the world. Take in its beauty, enjoy what we have here on earth. Cause life is short fam.
I've lost a few people close to me recently and it's added another gear to my desires. When distant associates ask what I'm living for, I tell them 'That last breath, that last thought.' In the final seconds of my life I don't want to wish I did more. I want to be complacent.
That said...
A lot of the places I'm looking to travel in the next year aren't major cities. But rural destinations that are both scenic and adventurous.
(Was thinking about going here this past weekend: Sitka, Alaska

Sitka2010overview.jpg

I've noticed a trend however, a lot of bodies of water, lakes and oceans. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to learn how to kayak.

main_canoeing_kayaking.jpg

Croatia-Sea-kayaking-6-XL.jpg

DSCN05623.jpg

kayaking.jpeg

I grew up swimming but I've lost most my skills. I respect water cause I've been around a lot of folks who've drowned. So I'm going to build up my swimming strength over the next few months as well as do rowing work in the gym for strength. Then I'm taking a lesson out on the bay at Jack London Square.
bay-area-insider-waterways-california-canoe-kayak-open-coast-class-0612-m.jpg

The first major place I wanna go is Lake Louisse in Alberta, Canada

zA8Af0J.jpg

I know, you don't really see nikkas doing this. Don't care. It's both tranquil and an amazing experience with the sights. Gotta cop a GoPro tho.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
When I left my desk job a few years ago with the focus on doing what I love; a big part of that was living the width of my life, not just the length. It's one thing to travel, but it's another to experience the world. Take in its beauty, enjoy what we have here on earth. Cause life is short fam.
I've lost a few people close to me recently and it's added another gear to my desires. When distant associates ask what I'm living for, I tell them 'That last breath, that last thought.' In the final seconds of my life I don't want to wish I did more. I want to be complacent.
That said...
A lot of the places I'm looking to travel in the next year aren't major cities. But rural destinations that are both scenic and adventurous.
(Was thinking about going here this past weekend: Sitka, Alaska

Sitka2010overview.jpg

I've noticed a trend however, a lot of bodies of water, lakes and oceans. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to learn how to kayak.

main_canoeing_kayaking.jpg

Croatia-Sea-kayaking-6-XL.jpg

DSCN05623.jpg

kayaking.jpeg

I grew up swimming but I've lost most my skills. I respect water cause I've been around a lot of folks who've drowned. So I'm going to build up my swimming strength over the next few months as well as do rowing work in the gym for strength. Then I'm taking a lesson out on the bay at Jack London Square.
bay-area-insider-waterways-california-canoe-kayak-open-coast-class-0612-m.jpg

The first major place I wanna go is Lake Louisse in Alberta, Canada

zA8Af0J.jpg

I know, you don't really see nikkas doing this. Don't care. It's both tranquil and an amazing experience with the sights. Gotta cop a GoPro tho.

Yea, alot of people go on vacation just to party, I go to see whatever it is that is unique about that country or city. Places like N.O. and miami or ibiza is known for partying and I do that if I go there, but If I plan a 2 week vacation, I am only going to spend 2-3 days in a "party" city.. I am looking for more and on my most recent vacation, I spent most of my time enjoying the outdoor activities or seeing the things that really make Thailand different. Not chasing Caitlen Jenner and trying to have orgies (well you get p*ssy on accident here) but I think I am avoiding party spots for a few trips and focusing more on the great experiences and sights...

Pics in the next post

Rayzah

Daps
anyone been to barbados or aruba? i'm thinking about going away for the weekend in the coming months. does it get cold there during the winters here?

you doing construction?
Naw they make you wear that while in the building because they are constantly working on it.

you can see it on the left side
gb1OOPS.jpg

p1PwVuJ.jpg

iVYGvrm.jpg

pLPLvK3.jpg

gMC81sJ.jpg

fEmpAUw.jpg

LgdlPws.jpg

:huhldup:
aEmTT8m.jpg

:whoa:

Rayzah

Daps
I'm assuming the Thot district has a lot of creepy old white dudes :russ:

@BonafideDefacto what do you do now?
Why yes it does:mjlol: MAN when I was in Pattaya, I went into a few "gentlemans clubs, and man..... I walk in its NOTHING but :old::flabbynsick: white dudes looking like:smugbiden::ld: with this look on there face:takedat:.. I said to myself, I dont need this shyt, I
grabbed two chicks:shaq:
and went back to my room.. But in Phuket where I took that pic it was more of a mixed crowd

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
@BonafideDefacto what do you do now?

Got into the Aviation field. Getting ready to finish my Masters in Aviation Management.

I said to myself, I dont need this shyt, I
grabbed two chicks:shaq:
and went back to my room.. But in Phuket where I took that pic it was more of a mixed crowd

How much for a pair :lupe:

Rayzah

Daps
Thailand looks pretty dope :leon:
Its fun, a whole lot of fukkery to get into, if you go my suggestion is to do the Island hopper, it costs a little, but that way you can see all of the islands meet some people and have your accommodations taken care of..