beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Never been to Paris its my dream though gojng next year

@beejus

Has been if I'm not mistaken

@trick I went digging through the archives and found this old post.

I mean you won't be able to see all there is to see in London or Paris in that little of time. There's just so much. Off the top of my head here are some things to do. You can get a city pass and you can see some of these places without having to wait in line.

Eiffel Tower
Versailles
Louvre
Montmartre district- Sacré-Cœur Basilica
Notre Dame
Luxembourg Garden
Arc de Triomphe
Centre Pompidou
Montparnasse Tower- most people don't know about this. Best view of all of Paris. Took my wife here instead of the Eiffel Tower. Short wait instead of couple hours waiting in line to go up the Eiffel Tower. 360 degree view and has a view of the Eiffel tower.

8641358131_86b0006eef_b.jpg

Also if you have time checkout the La Petite Ceinture and the Catacombs near Montparnasse. I didn't know about either of these things when I was there.

Tour pass. Well worth the money.
The Paris Pass® - Sightseeing and Tourism For Less

@L. Deezy @LoMax30 adding you to this also since you are going to Paris.

Last edited:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
@L. Deezy @sfgiants @LoMax30

I'm late to this thread, but if any of you need advice on Barcelona here you go. I'm adding pics because I like to see what someone is talking about.

Things to see.

Sagrada Familia- The line might be long, but it's well worth it. The architecture is so beautiful on the inside and crazy on the outside. Designed by Antoni Gaudi
Spain-Barcelona-Gaudi-Sagrada-Familia6.jpg

Park Guell- This park is a little bit away from the heart of Barcelona, but has a great view of the city. Designed by Antoni Gaudi
park-guell-5.jpg

Casa Mila & Casa Battlo- Both designed by Antoni Guadi. If you like architecture these are awesome to see.

Olympic Park on top of Montjuic- Great view of the city. Lots of historic buildings. Especially if you are old enough to remember the '92 Olympics. At night at the bottom of the hill they do a water show that isn't a must see, but still kind of cool to watch. Lots of people go see it.
8173553_orig.jpg

Walk around Las Ramblas and stop by La Boqueria Market. Grab some food and just explore the shops in the area. The trees in the middle of the picture below are Las Ramblas.
5455245027_3afa79151b.jpg

Checkout Barrio Gothic and the surrounding areas including the Picasso museum.
som-nit-born.jpg

Go to the Barceloneta beach which is a short walk from the main part of Barcelona. It's will be crowded. I was there in early October and the weather was still in the 80's so we spent a lot of time just relaxing. The beaches are topless and as you get closer to the W Hotel which sticks out from everything else there is a nude beach area. Expect mostly to see old naked men and a few old women. There are a lot of little places to eat along the boardwalk which runs the length of the beach.
bamos-a-la-plaja.jpg

Last thing to do is go to Camp Nou and see Barcelona play if you can. If they aren't playing do the tour even if you don't like soccer. I've never done the tour, but was lucky enough to see Barcelona play Real Madrid. I was able to get tickets through the concierge at the hotel I was staying at. Expect to pay more then retail, but it was a bucket list moment for me.

Streetwear store.
http://www.24-kts.com

Only restaurant I remember eating at, but it was worth it. I've told other people about it and they've loved it also. Cera 23.
Cera 23, Barcelona - El Raval - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Going to Paris in two months. Can't wait :blessed:

@Emperor_ReinScarf @Idaeo Y'all know of any fun things to do or places to visit in Paris? I am probably going to hit up some family, visit the Eiffel Tower, Le louvre and the Arc De Triomphe

Catacombs like someone mentioned before....they just made a movie about it

If you want to go to the top of the Eiffel...take the steps to reach the first platform, then take the elevator from there. 20 mins wait vs 3 hr wait

Check out one of the farmers markets

Eat macarons and other desserts

The Louvre is closed on Tuesdays

Just walk around random neighborhoods and explore as you go along. Paris is all about discovering new areas, admiring the architecture, random cafes

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

I'm late to this thread, but if any of you need advice on Barcelona here you go. I'm adding pics because I like to see what someone is talking about.

Things to see.

Sagrada Familia- The line might be long, but it's well worth it. The architecture is so beautiful on the inside and crazy on the outside. Designed by Antoni Gaudi

Park Guell- This park is a little bit away from the heart of Barcelona, but has a great view of the city. Designed by Antoni Gaudi
park-guell-5.jpg

Casa Mila & Casa Battlo- Both designed by Antoni Guadi. If you like architecture these are awesome to see.

Olympic Park on top of Montjuic- Great view of the city. Lots of historic buildings. Especially if you are old enough to remember the '92 Olympics. At night at the bottom of the hill they do a water show that isn't a must see, but still kind of cool to watch. Lots of people go see it.
8173553_orig.jpg

Walk around Las Ramblas and stop by La Boqueria Market. Grab some food and just explore the shops in the area. The trees in the middle of the picture below are Las Ramblas.

som-nit-born.jpg

Go to the Barceloneta beach which is a short walk from the main part of Barcelona. It's will be crowded. I was there in early October and the weather was still in the 80's so we spent a lot of time just relaxing. The beaches are topless and as you get closer to the W Hotel which sticks out from everything else there is a nude beach area. Expect mostly to see old naked men and a few old women. There are a lot of little places to eat along the boardwalk which runs the length of the beach.
bamos-a-la-plaja.jpg

Last thing to do is go to Camp Nou and see Barcelona play if you can. If they aren't playing do the tour even if you don't like soccer. I've never done the tour, but was lucky enough to see Barcelona play Real Madrid. I was able to get tickets through the concierge at the hotel I was staying at. Expect to pay more then retail, but it was a bucket list moment for me.

Streetwear store.

Only restaurant I remember eating at, but it was worth it. I've told other people about it and they've loved it also. Cera 23.
Cera 23, Barcelona - El Raval - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

I will write this down and bookmark. thanks
. I do
I hit Barcelona after Paris on Oct 6. I really wanna see a bull fight as well. I do plan on hitting the beach there. Been checking the weather. Mid 70's still..

thanks for the food suggestions too...

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Things to see.

park-guell-5.jpg

8173553_orig.jpg

som-nit-born.jpg

bamos-a-la-plaja.jpg

Streetwear store.

:wow: thanks man this def helps. and the weather is still warm in october? i'll be there oct 15-18
:salute:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I will write this down and bookmark. thanks
. I do
I hit Barcelona after Paris on Oct 6. I really wanna see a bull fight as well. I do plan on hitting the beach there. Been checking the weather. Mid 70's still..

thanks for the food suggestions too...

Couple more things about Paris. It probably isn't your thing but, fashion week will be going on while you are there. So there will be a buzz around the city. 3 years ago I happened to be in Paris when it was just starting up. My wife and I went to the building where one of the shows was going on just to people watch. They had a few available seats after everyone went through so my wife was able to go see the show.

Restaurants:
Les Cocottes. Kind of expensive, but it was our one nice meal there. Maison Constant - Les Cocottes
L’As du Fallafel- Kosher, Middle Eastern food. In the Jewish Quarters. There will be a long line, but they make great food.

PSG the only soccer team in Paris and current league champs will also be playing a game on October 4th. They have some of the best players in the world playing for them.

And since someone mentioned earlier about there not being enough pictures in this thread here are a few of my pictures I took while there.
e8f816f7118cd54dbdf092989fb12cf5

tumblr_mhblwqJ0Nh1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mitasdqXQW1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhboxtEmqh1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhblqsIiaq1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhborw1AlI1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhbrvvVEXR1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Couple more things about Paris. It probably isn't your thing but, fashion week will be going on while you are there. So there will be a buzz around the city. 3 years ago I happened to be in Paris when it was just starting up. My wife and I went to the building where one of the shows was going on just to people watch. They had a few available seats after everyone went through so my wife was able to go see the show.

Restaurants:
Les Cocottes. Kind of expensive, but it was our one nice meal there. Maison Constant - Les Cocottes
L’As du Fallafel- Kosher, Middle Eastern food. In the Jewish Quarters. There will be a long line, but they make great food.

PSG the only soccer team in Paris and current league champs will also be playing a game on October 4th. They have some of the best players in the world playing for them.

And since someone mentioned earlier about there not being enough pictures in this thread here are a few of my pictures I took while there.

tumblr_mhblwqJ0Nh1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mitasdqXQW1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhboxtEmqh1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhblqsIiaq1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhbrvvVEXR1rrir08o1_1280.jpg

Great pics...

Dude, that fashion week info. Thanks... Paris gonna be in full effect!

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone here ever went backpacking? share some advice/tips brehs

I'm looking at either Thailand or Costa Rica, do you think $3000 will be a good amount to cover me for a month? :patrice:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Here in Detroit headed to San Antonio. Meeting 2 of my boys there then we're driving up to Austin for the Texas v CAL football game. After were gonna tear the city up. Here on my flight, got a lovely 1st class flight there

2015-09-19%2008.19.55_zpsqcngt1vr.jpg

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Man this is about to be my worst 1st class experience ever. Got a dude with a 2 year old next to me, his wife on the opposite side isle seat with a baby that's crying.
:snoop:
I asked him if they wanted to sit together but he declined with some excuse.
:wtf:

The baby is crying.
:damn:
Man I don't need this shyt in the morning. Take that shyt to the back of the plane in coach
:camby:

Pray for me fam, 3 hrs of this shyt. I'm about to drink myself to sleep
:shaq2:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Man this is about to be my worst 1st class experience ever. Got a dude with a 2 year old next to me, his wife on the opposite side isle seat with a baby that's crying.
:snoop:
I asked him if they wanted to sit together but he declined with some excuse.
:wtf:

The baby is crying.
:damn:
Man I don't need this shyt in the morning. Take that shyt to the back of the plane in coach
:camby:

Pray for me fam, 3 hrs of this shyt. I'm about to drink myself to sleep
:shaq2:
Little kids/babies on the plane are the worst.

I had a flight from Raleigh to Seattle...about 7 hours. Four babies on the plane. Once one stopped crying, another would start. It was like this from start to finish.

I would pay an extra if I could get a childless flight.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Restaurants:

These 2 pics right here.

:ehh:

Kinda overcast in that 2nd one. I wonder how it would have looked with a bit less vignetting and maybe a slight curve adjustment to get some more contrast in the clouds.

Anyway great shots, breh.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
anyone here ever went backpacking? share some advice/tips brehs

I'm looking at either Thailand or Costa Rica, do you think $3000 will be a good amount to cover me for a month? :patrice:

3k will definitely cover you for Thailand. You can stay on the beach for $15/day, eat for $15-20/day. The most expensive part is your airline ticket.