Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
2 weeks. If you're staying that long then you're better off finding an airbnb in the city and then getting a cottage in the mountains for a portion of your trip. good thing about colombia is the dollar goes a long way there. i had a great time breh, but bangkok is hard to pass up and will probably keep you more entertained for that length of time. why are you leaving for 4 months?

Military contracting.. trying dodge these taxes.. if I'm out of the country for 330 days.. then my first $100k is tax free... I pay over $6k monthly In taxes right now.. shyt doesn't sit well with me.. so I'm going try being out of the US for a year.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Do you speak any Korean breh?

I'm headed to Korea on the 20th, never been to Asia before (never really traveled internationally outside of the Caribbean), tell me everything you can breh lol. I'm just a small town cat tryna get his passport game up lol.

• Nahhh, dont speak a lick of Korean but u dont need to. Japan and Korea are 2 asian countries where english is everywhere

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Whats a good spot to vacay with my girl? It would be our forst time traveling together.

We were looking at

Jamacia
DR
Cuba
Europe

Something cheap

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
just got this Nikon D3500 ....testing it out here in Tokyo

Hamarikyu Park
g7qIQ5p.jpg

72Msu3B.jpg

EiKI3QO.jpg

Meiji-jingumae Shrine
k6VJX8p.jpg

0WICmoL.jpg

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
e4zTIKP_d.jpg

Chef tending to the pork bones in tonkotsu broth at a ramen shop.

AaX5rMB_d.jpg

Tonkatsu, fried pork, and a huge fried shrimp

u6yHnvl.jpg

bomb gyoza in Harajuku...called Gyoza-ro

nx55vFt.jpg

Pastries from one of the department store basements. All Japanese dept stores have a maze of fine foods and desserts in their basements.

gaAefp7.jpg

Shabu Shabu. You dip the raw beef or pork in broths of your choice( spicey, citrus, garlic, etc). It cooks in about 10 secs, then you wrap in lettuce with rice, veggies, sauces.

xTA659D.jpg

Rum sponge cake with extra rum in the tube

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Has anybody met people while traveling and end up linking up with them in later travels? I met some people while traveling (and they seem like good peeps) and they're saying I should come visit them where they live and crash with them. I definitely wouldn't mind saving that hotel money but I'm a little weird about staying with low key strangers. Thoughts?
I have but considering what I'm doing, I meet new people like everyday. It's always hard to gauge on the level you're talking about but generally in most of my travels even before being a road musician, I've gone and visited friends abroad that suggested I stay with them. But like I said, they were friends. Random strangers is kind of a gamble. Generally people are friendly and nice but I know what you mean about staying with people you barely know. I met this one DJ in Nottingham a few years ago thru a friend from college (she was studying at my university, from Poland originally but now living in U.K.). I'll be staying with him for a weekend after my tour is over. Plan to chill back in London from the 23rd to the 1st, no business just leisure

:takedat:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
@Idaeo You there solo?

nah i'm here with a coworker. there are a lot of solo travelers here tho, from all over. Tokyo seems to be bucket list destination for people all over the world. i've hung out here with people from Peru, Lebanon, Russia, Columbia, Brazil, Argentina, Spain in the last few weeks....

just found out there's a Brazilian Festival today. gonna samba my ass over there and see what's popping.:takedat: Brazilians are the third largest immigrant group in Japan

Last edited: