Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
For work or play?

both for real... Have to travel for work and stay a couple days or go early to check the views. My IG is @NateEnzo if you on there.. I'm about to drop some more pics tomorrow. Just haven't had time....

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Got my phone pickpocketed on a crowded metro in Mexico City on Saturday :wow: Crowd bum rushed towards the exit to get out and realized what happened after the fact. Travel experiences :blessed: My girl's cousin felt bad cuz we couldn't uber since day of the dead and formula 1 had traffic fukked up but I'm taking it as a learning experience. Next time I'll just bring a prepaid phone:yeshrug:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Where do you guys, find the time and money to travel so much ?

I do extreme budget travel as far as booking flights. I very rarely pay over $500 for a flight ANYWHERE. In fact, I just booked a flight to the Phillipines at the end of June for $180...and that is with insurance :ohlawd:

You can book flights (with installment payments) with paypal credit and a company called airfordable (black owned)

--------.com

---------------.com

two best sites for airline tickets

just got back from ireland.... brazil in two weeks... i'll be back with pics and video

Ayo breh you gotta spoiler that can't let the masses in on the secrets

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Got my phone pickpocketed on a crowded metro in Mexico City on Saturday :wow: Crowd bum rushed towards the exit to get out and realized what happened after the fact. Travel experiences :blessed: My girl's cousin felt bad cuz we couldn't uber since day of the dead and formula 1 had traffic fukked up but I'm taking it as a learning experience. Next time I'll just bring a prepaid phone:yeshrug:
That's wack. At least you're taking it in stride. Back pocket?

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
That's wack. At least you're taking it in stride. Back pocket?

Front left. I filled out the claim info already so it should be home when I get back tomorrow. People get shot for less so I'm not tripping about it. Gonna get the ball rolling on Cuba for February though. Thanks for those suggestions too:salute:

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
how was berlin? i got a czech chick that wants me to slide through so i figure id fly into berlin, chill for a bit then take the train into prague
Depends what you're into but for me Berlin was dope. A lot of history, tons of great public and street art, the people are mad nice, no language issue since most people speak English, a lot of good food (that Turkish doner:ooh::ohlawd:), no open container laws so you can walk around in public pounding a 22 of Becks no issue:smugdraper:, cheaper than other cities in Europe. If you can swing it I'd definitely recommend going.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
some observations about South Australia

- the bugs and birds are very aggressive. flies, gnats, mayflies constantly circle your head. apparently because winter just ended, all the animals are out of hibernation and angry. i saw three magpie birds swooping down to attack a guy at work today....some Hitchcock shyt

- its also brown snake season, one of the most deadly snakes in the world. been warned about that by a few locals

- burger king is called hungry jacks, essentially the same....except you can get peri peri sauce on the chicken sandwiches

- not as expensive as i expected. at least in this area...i havent beent to melbourne and sydney yet

- very very diverse....of course mainly white, but many Vietnamese, Malaysians, chinese, Japanese, Africans, and aborigines

- sad to see most of the homeless people are aborigines

Last edited:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
@Captain_Crunch

8 days for Paris AND Amsterdam? That's not a lot...

Anyways you could use Airbnb, will lower your costs and you get to meet local people. I only use that when I'm travelling now. Problem with hostels is that you end up with other tourists, but depends what you're looking for.

Did you already take your train ticket ? You can book it online and you might get some good prices. Especially if you travel on odd days like wedneday afternoon or whatever.

In Paris you can already start organizing your stuff here : ratp.fr - Visiting Paris . Public transportation works really well in Paris. I would recommend a five-day pass.

The best area in Paris imo is the North-East (République, Belleville, Ménilmontant, Oberkampf...) that's where are a lot of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. I would look for accomodation in that area. A couple bars/places to check out : Downtown Café, Alimentation Générale, Bellevilloise. Comptoir général also is nice, but was better a couple years ago. Bar Le Jeune, Paname Café, La Cigale, Badaboum, New Morning...all places you can check out to go out

Things to see : Eiffel tower (be advised that there's not much else to see in the area...my advice would be to go to Trocadéro to have a nice view, don't know how usefull it is to go under the Eiffel Tower unless you plan on going up), Notre-Dame (avoid eating in Saint-Michel though, if you're in the area go up to Odéon), Montmartre (same thing, a lot of tourist restaurants, but behind the Sacré-Coeur there's a square that is somewhat more authentic). Don't waste your time going to La Défense, Montparnasse, I wouldn't even spend much time on les Champs-Elysées, just go see the Arc de Triomphe and keep it moving, it's only shops really. And FULL of tourists. Louvre area is nice (Rue Rivoli), as well as la Concorde, walking down la Seine (you can walk from Saint-Michel all the way down to Bibliothèque François Mitterand, it's a "newer" area and you can find various bars alongside the river, in two weeks hopefully there's still some good weather).

If you're into arts well obviously Paris is the place to be, Le Louvre is kind of overrated imo (WAAAAAAY too many people and stuff to see), but Centre George Pompidou, Musée d'Orsay, the small Salvador Dali museum, Quai Branly, are worth it.

Also if you're interested there are now tours about the "Black Paris" (Black Paris Walks) where they talk about, well, Black history/presence in Paris. Haven't done it yet but it looks quite interesting.

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask
breh this shyt was gold. I just got back from Paris yesterday. It was like nothing I imagined. It's really on its own level. now I understand the hype

I was only there for 3 days but had a ball. i see why paris is fashion capital of the world. the way people dress is really on another level compared to most cities Ive seen. the shoe game :whoo:

I can confirm the Black Paris Walks Tour was very worth it. The dude who does the tours name is Kevin and he runs the entire operation by himself. he was a real cool dude. Migrated over from martinique 15 yrs ago and has a lot of knowledge about the black history in Paris on both sides (African americans and Africans). I learned a lot of shyt I had no idea about. It wasn't boring at all. We walked through the african market in Château Rouge :ohlawd:. but I was surprised when I saw some africans selling bleach skin lightening cream :what:

We ate some crepes in this one market in Republique :noah:. The bread is crazy. You eat a sandwich, the bread is so good, but it's so light. It don't feel heavy at all like when you eat bread in the states. I kept wondering why the hell you don't see no fat people in Paris and yall eat bread all the damn time? :why:

Quai Branly museum got a VERY dope exhibition going on now called The Color Line on AA history. go check it out if you got time

the Metro subway system in Paris is very dope. trains run very frequent and very easy to follow system. but why yall still use them little paper tickets when everybody just throw them on the floor soon as they enter :patrice:

Uber was easy to use out there. definitely need to speak some more francais next time. It makes things easier but luckily I had this haitian chick wit me who spoke french

definitely gonna come back in the spring next year for a longer time to see more of the city and to visit Marseille and Nice. props on all the recommendations breh. :salute:

will post some pics later

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
I can confirm the Black Paris Walks Tour was very worth it. The dude who does the tours name is Kevin and he runs the entire operation by himself. he was a real cool dude. Migrated over from martinique 15 yrs ago and has a lot of knowledge about the black history in Paris on both sides (African americans and Africans).

Last year I ate at a Martiniquais restaurant in Paris . The curry goat was:blessed:My waitress looked like a low budget Rihanna:noah: